BRUINS SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN SHERO AS GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

BRUINS SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN SHERO AS GM

Jacobs cheapness cost the Bruins and its fans yet again!

"I interviewed with the Bruins, that's public knowledge, but what I really want to convey is this is the place I really wanted to be(Pittsburgh)," Shero said. "It's important to me who you work with."  - Ray Shero Pittsburgh GM

Bruins bungle another big call

Money and Control

Those are two things the Jacobs family doesn't let slip out of its hands often, and the Bruins ownership clan's insistence on keeping it that way may just have cost the organization. Dearly.
        Ray Shero, reportedly offered the job as the club's new general manager earlier this week, now appears unlikely to set up shop on Causeway Street. Talks with the highly-regarded Nashville assistant GM broke down yesterday, with issues over money and control at the heart of the problem.
        Is it ever any other way with the Bruins?

"The Bruins need to get a top-notch guy," said McShane. "I think Ray would do a good job. He makes the right decisons."

Walking away from this dysfunctional franchise might just be his best decision yet.
    -
    Metrowest Daily News 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: BRUINS SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN SHERO AS GM

Predictable to see this kind of contrived stupidity today, as Shero's decision to join Pittsburgh instead of Boston was based almost entirely on "Which club gives me the best chance of winning a Cup?"

With all due respect for Shero, who like Chiarelli had the good sense to replace the first coach he'd hired for his new team, that was a pretty easy question to answer in the spring of 2006.   Which team would YOU have preferred to GM?  The Pens, who already had Crosby, Gonchar, Fleury and Co. in place or the Bruins, who had...almost NO ONE?  Therein lies the answer.  Shero's "decision" had very little to do with Jacobs and/or salary.  It had everything to do with which team would give him the best chance of winning the soonest.  Players like Crosby, Gonchar and Fluery don't fall into GM's laps too often. 

Again, I'm not belittleing the job Shero's done, but let's be honest.  It would have been pretty tough to mess up not winning a Cup with players like that already in place. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

He's merely a Bruins hater trying to incite B's fans after the Pens win it.  He clearly doesn't understand hockey because anyone who knows the sport understands a little fact:  that the Pens have something called - very talented PLAYERS. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artistseye2. Show artistseye2's posts

I'm sorry, but the Bruins, as great as some of their teams have been since their last Cup have never went the extra mile or should I say dollar to put together a team that can truly win a Cup.  We see it now, with the contemplation of trading Kessel or dumping Savard.  The Bruins had a great core group of players this year that ran into the "playoff experience factor."  Next year, with a few inspiring additions would be right there with Pittsburg and Detroit.  But, you can be assured that that will not happen.  I truly believe that the Bruins will never win a Cup as long as they have the Jacobs as owners.  If Bobby Orr had gotten the team as he tried before, or if Robert Kraft owned this team, you can be things would be different because it surely does start at the top.  Maybe Shero went to the team with the most talent, but most people in the NHL know about the Bruin's Scrooge tactics.  Why oh why won't these guys just sell this storied franchise and buy the Sabres, their home team anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Yeah, Shero had so much to do with Pittsburgh's success.  F@*k him, he fell into that job.  No credit here to anyone in that organization.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry, but the Bruins, as great as some of their teams have been since their last Cup have never went the extra mile or should I say dollar to put together a team that can truly win a Cup.  We see it now, with the contemplation of trading Kessel or dumping Savard.  The Bruins had a great core group of players this year that ran into the "playoff experience factor."  Next year, with a few inspiring additions would be right there with Pittsburg and Detroit.  But, you can be assured that that will not happen.  I truly believe that the Bruins will never win a Cup as long as they have the Jacobs as owners.  If Bobby Orr had gotten the team as he tried before, or if Robert Kraft owned this team, you can be things would be different because it surely does start at the top.  Maybe Shero went to the team with the most talent, but most people in the NHL know about the Bruin's Scrooge tactics.  Why oh why won't these guys just sell this storied franchise and buy the Sabres, their home team anyway?
    Posted by artistseye2[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3351142. Show user_3351142's posts

they can't pay Kessel 5 million and keep everyone else in place..+ as you say add a few inspiring additions...There is a cap in place you moron...stick to your fanatsy hockey league

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

[QUOTE] Shero's "decision" had very little to do with Jacobs and/or salary.  It had everything to do with which team would give him the best chance of winning the soonest.   
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Stop covering for your hero Jacobs. The proof is in the article! In fact at the time if you remember it had been reported that Shero was to be named the GM and everything was in place except his salary and Jacobs once again cheaped out, just like he cheaped out with Guerin and Gonchar and now look at them all three of them have a Cup JJ has his regular season hotdog sales. It's a win win as far as Delaware North goes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1191893. Show user_1191893's posts

[QUOTE]Jacobs cheapness cost the Bruins and its fans yet again! "I interviewed with the Bruins, that's public knowledge, but what I really want to convey is this is the place I really wanted to be(Pittsburgh)," Shero said. "It's important to me who you work with."   - Ray Shero Pittsburgh GM    Bruins bungle another big call       Money and Control      Those are two things the Jacobs family doesn't let slip out of its hands often, and the Bruins ownership clan's insistence on keeping it that way may just have cost the organization. Dearly.     Ray Shero, reportedly offered the job as the club's new general manager earlier this week, now appears unlikely to set up shop on Causeway Street. Talks with the highly-regarded Nashville assistant GM broke down yesterday, with issues over money and control at the heart of the problem.     Is it ever any other way with the Bruins? "The Bruins need to get a top-notch guy," said McShane. "I think Ray would do a good job. He makes the right decisons."     Walking away from this dysfunctional franchise might just be his best decision yet. - Metrowest Daily News 
    Posted by cwoods7977[/QUOTE]

The big thing is the Penguins already had drafted Crosby, Malkin and Fluery before Shero went there, Chiarelli did pretty good considering all he really started with was Bergeron, Sturm, Boyes and Thomas. Brad Stuart played the worst hockey of his career and he was more of a hinederance than a help.

Chiarelli did as well or better than Shero would have if he came to the Bruins and If Chiarelli had Crosby and Malkin to start with, I have a feeling he would have been able to do great things as well. Having two of the three best players in the game can do that for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1191893. Show user_1191893's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry, but the Bruins, as great as some of their teams have been since their last Cup have never went the extra mile or should I say dollar to put together a team that can truly win a Cup.  We see it now, with the contemplation of trading Kessel or dumping Savard.  The Bruins had a great core group of players this year that ran into the "playoff experience factor."  Next year, with a few inspiring additions would be right there with Pittsburg and Detroit.  But, you can be assured that that will not happen.  I truly believe that the Bruins will never win a Cup as long as they have the Jacobs as owners.  If Bobby Orr had gotten the team as he tried before, or if Robert Kraft owned this team, you can be things would be different because it surely does start at the top.  Maybe Shero went to the team with the most talent, but most people in the NHL know about the Bruin's Scrooge tactics.  Why oh why won't these guys just sell this storied franchise and buy the Sabres, their home team anyway?
    Posted by artistseye2[/QUOTE]

You do realize that there is a salry cap and the Bruins have spent as much or more than almost every team in the league? I believe only 2 teams have spent more, your theory held water before there was a cap, but it just is not true any longer, the Bruins are one of the top spenders in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

Chiarelli is the cheapest GM in the NHL.

Just because Jacobs brought everyone down to his level of spending does not make him a "top spender" it simply puts him in the same catagory as everyone else.

Coaches, Scouts, GM's etc etc do not factor in the Cap.

Enough said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3351142. Show user_3351142's posts

Chiarelli did great this year. There isn't a hockey mind on the planet that would have thought the B's would finish the regular season at the top of the Eastern Confrence. Most thought they would squeak into the playoffs. This team overachieved this year not under achieved. They are one or two years away from making a serious run at the cup....the regular season success only got everyone believing it could be done this year. This is a solid team with a great core of talent both on the ice and on the bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Chiarelli did great this year. There isn't a hockey mind on the planet that would have thought the B's would finish the regular season at the top of the Eastern Confrence. Most thought they would squeak into the playoffs. This team overachieved this year not under achieved. They are one or two years away from making a serious run at the cup....the regular season success only got everyone believing it could be done this year. This is a solid team with a great core of talent both on the ice and on the bench.
    Posted by Hockman[/QUOTE] Thanks again hock, at least some of us understand the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] The proof is in the article! with Guerin and Gonchar and now look at them all three of them have a Cup.

Cwood you always have the same argument here. So the writer of that article knows all!? Who's the writer of that article ? Ask him or her about next weeks Loto numbers and who to pick at the track this week!

Why won't you respond to "Pittsburghs core/key players were in place when Shero got there!" Shero built nothing! Shero has made a couple of pretty good trades thats it!

Guerin already had 2 cups with the Devils and didn't do didly when he was here! We didn't want him back! Gonchar choked in the 2004 playoffs against the Habs!

Jacobs doesn't have to let PC spend up to the cap if he doesn't want to. JJ could tell him anyday you can spend only 45Mil so now answer back...Cwood

PC built the Bs Shero did not you Troll!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

Yeah im a "troll" cause I dont blindly cheerlead the team... oook

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

cwoods, you are a troll because you only see the negatives and do not tell the whole story. Every team in this leaque has negatives and most have there share of positives (even the bruins). But we do not expect you to recognize that. I know that my post will be slammed by your allies, but I can take it. Can you ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

[QUOTE] cwoods, you are a troll because you only see the negatives and do not tell the whole story. Every team in this leaque has negatives and most have there share of positives (even the bruins). But we do not expect you to recognize that. I know that my post will be slammed by your allies, but I can take it. Can you ?
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

17 YEARS SINCE THE BRUINS WON A SECOND ROUND MATCHUP

SORRY I CANNOT SEE THROUGH THE ROSY COLORED (DELAWARE NORTH COLORED) GLASSES THAT YOU DO!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]17 YEARS SINCE THE BRUINS WON A SECOND ROUND MATCHUP SORRY I CANNOT SEE THROUGH THE ROSY COLORED (DELAWARE NORTH COLORED) GLASSES THAT YOU DO!
    Posted by cwoods7977[/QUOTE] Again, you see no positives.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

If Chiarelli is not as good as Shero, then why did a group of his peers vote him as executive of the year?

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2009/5/20/881146/peter-chiarelli-named-sporting

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EvolutionFan. Show EvolutionFan's posts

[QUOTE]Again, you see no positives.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Yay another choke in the playoffs by the Bruins!!!

You really are a dope paully

Unless you are counting the concession profits during the regular season this season was another failure.

Being upset by a 6 seed in your home rink is an embarassment

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Hey Cwoods, who wrote: "...In fact at the time if you remember it had been reported that Shero was to be named the GM and everything was in place except his salary and Jacobs once again cheaped out,...", just because something is "reported" doesn't make it a fact.  Dupont and others put out all kinds of "reports" and rumors, but until they're confirmed, that's all they are. 

Chiarelli was hired as B's GM, I'm a Bruins fan, so all I care about is what kind of a job Chiarelli has done since he arrived summer, 2006.  As somebody here noted earlier, in a vote of his peers at the end of this past season, Chiarelli was voted NHL Executive of the Year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Shero, while he's proven to have made some good deals since he was GM, wasn't the savior of the Penguins. Count that to the god awful seasons they had in the early 2000's. Shero took over for the Penguins in late May 2006, after the Penguins had Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Gonchar and the #2 overall pick (who would eventually be Jordan Staal) locked in. Like any GM he's made some risks (trading for Hossa, while at the time brilliant, proved to be a bad investment) (and trading for Guerin and Kunitz being brilliant and successful ones), but with any move made there carries some risks. Chiarelli traded Noekelianen for Steve Montador at the deadline. At the time it seemed like a nice pickup, and Montador didn't dissapoint people for his billing. But given that he will probably walk in free agency, and Noekelainen could be a good 3rd or 4th line player next year shows that the risk probably wasn't worth it.
    I said this about Claude Julien in another discussion and the same goes for Chiarelli: they're human, and bound to make some mistakes along the line. Let's not forget that Chiarelli brought up Chara, Savard, Lucic, Wheeler and Ryder among noted players. He's made steals in signings of players like Stefan Yelle. He's done his part to produce a Championship team out of what looked like another Penguins situation when he stepped into his job.
    Give the man his due and let him do his work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

As A true Bruin fan how can anyone say Shero should have been GM of the Bruins. This man took the easy out buy choosing the Pens and their superstars over having to build a team to fit his own style whatever that is and giving the finger to the Bruins. Mr. Chairellie took the Bruins and made them his own thru trades, draft and whatever he could to improve our Bruins. He is a hard worker and not afraid to get down and dirty when he has to. Mr. Shero has not done this and would not have helped the Bruins. The Bruins needed a hard worker and got it with PC and I'm very happy he signed a new contract and the Bruins will continue to improve under a man who really cares about his team and getting the right players in here to get the job done. Anyone can win a cup with two of the best players in the World like Shero did but try it by building your own team from scatch like PC did and see how you do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah im a "troll" cause I dont blindly cheerlead the team... oook

Yah OK I'm blind then could you please point out Ray Shero http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/article/2009-05-20/sporting-news-executive-year-past-winners on this list ? 

Cwood why you don't you break out some more ol posts...Thank you come a gain!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bourqueman. Show bourqueman's posts

Woulda Shoulda Coulda. Yes the Bruins have a history of being cheap...I agree. I think they are building a good team and using $$$ to do it. Why get frustrated? Should they have gone farther ?? Sure. But let's enjoy the sucess. Was there a gurantee the Bruins would win with Shero . A big N-O. First of all the bruins didn't have a chance to draft Malkin and Crosby. Stop acting like crybabies and enjoy the future!!