Bruins Should pick up Metropolit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Bruins Should pick up Metropolit

I think that the Bruins should pick up Glen Metropolit this year because I believe he is a ufa.  Your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins Should pick up Metropolit

There is no place left to play on the NHL roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

That boat has sailed .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

If we didn't pick up Campbell in the Horton trade I think PC would have considered it.  But not now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

we have enough players on the team that can do what he does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

a. no where to play.
    b. he will want too much.
    c. our fwd lines are rounding out nicely

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Should pick up Metropolit:
    i could be wrong but isnt campbell an RFA?  so techincally he isnt on our team yet...
    Posted by snags87

Yes.  But no way PC included him in the deal if he wasn't intent on signing him.  Unless it's another Patrick Eaves.  But I don't think so......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Pretty sure he is listed on another post, as one of the useless passer bys we have had over the years, he better stay gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pretty sure he is listed on another post, as one of the useless passer bys we have had over the years, he better stay gone.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Metropolit played great in Boston.  In fact, he played so well in Boston for his $500K/1yr deal, that Philly game him a 100% raise for two years.  Anyone that lists him as a throwaway for the time he spend in Boston wasn't watching the Bruins during the time he spent in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Should pick up Metropolit : Metropolit played great in Boston.  In fact, he played so well in Boston for his $500K/1yr deal, that Philly game him a 100% raise for two years.  Anyone that lists him as a throwaway for the time he spend in Boston wasn't watching the Bruins during the time he spent in Boston.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree completely!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

He is part of the BIG PACKAGE of character we let walk out the door.

Chiarelli now admits he underestimated how much letting all those character guys walk at the same time.

That said, I don't think there's room on this roster for Metro.

GREAT idea...FANTASTIC character guy...I just don't see how he fits now. But LOVE THE GUY!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I really liked Metro at the time and was upset Philly over bid for him and then had to let him go to Montreal because they were going to be over the cap (Briere's return from injury). 
    I think the Bruins offered something like 750 000 ,  can't blame Metro on taking a Mill from Philly.
    He did pretty well in Montreal before his shoulder surgery,  he was on their no1 PP unit at times due to his opportunism.  I'm sure he'll be fetching about 1M again. Too bad no space of him under Bruins current situation (cap space and center).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He is part of the BIG PACKAGE of character we let walk out the door. Chiarelli now admits he underestimated how much letting all those character guys walk at the same time. That said, I don't think there's room on this roster for Metro. GREAT idea...FANTASTIC character guy...I just don't see how he fits now. But LOVE THE GUY!
    Posted by Gardensupporter

Metropolit left a year before the mass exodus of the character guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hope he plays outside of the conference he punishes the Bruins everytime he plays Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hope he plays outside of the conference he punishes the Bruins everytime he plays Boston.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Right !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

metro was a very solid performer and the blogs wanted Chia to sign him up for $1.0 before Philly came calling, but, CHIA admits they were not as proactive as they should have been with Metro. At the same time, CJ's system helped Metro emerge as a solid contributor which he was at both Philly and Montreal. So, It was a good two way benefit and Metro with his experience was a solid locker room guy for whom there is nor room in the B's Inn at this point with Campbell. Who do you all classify as locker room leaders?? Seidenberg? Bergeron? Thornton? Chara ??? Ference ??? Savard ?????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fair to say that Metropolit is also the model of inconsistency in terms of results?  He was lights out to start his year with Boston but went Paille cold for a huge stretch.  Echo the props for his effort, but he doesn't really help even if there was a spot for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRat13. Show TheRat13's posts

Metro was fantastic in his time here, and has continued to be a solid contributor in Montreal. He'd be a logical, affordable pick-up if the Bruins can ever manage to send "Savvy" packing.

While I've heard numerous reports of Campbell being the fourth-line center, I'm not sure that's his natural position. He's listed as a LW, and I believe that's what he was playing in Florida. I'd like that line better if it featured Metro centering Thornton and Campbell.

I shuddered the other day when I saw some mention of the Bruins possible interest in bringing Begin back.