bruins sign derek morris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

Re: bruins sign derek morris

last year at the trading deadline everyone thought Morris would be a good pickup....now everyone thinks PC is an idiot....since PC took over this team is on the rise....give the guy a break...if he got the second coming of Bobby Orr,some of you would find fault with it....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

One thing to consider is that this is not a 3-year 9.9M deal. PC may have had to pay slightly more in terms of dollars to get the right length of the deal. I'm very happy with the length of the deal as it will not tie our hands next off season. 

Personally, I have a lot of confidence in PC and think that he is doing a great job. A lot of people don't realize all the subtleties to his job. For example, there were a number of people who were criticizing him for taking so long to sign Hunwick. The two sides were always said to be close and it is obvious now that PC purposedly let it go on long enough to get an arbitration date. By doing that he allowed himself extra flexibility in the timelines in which he could buy out a contract. If Hunwick had been signed before choosing arbitration then PC couldn"t buy out Eaves now. He did the same thing last year with Wideman/Murray. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the Ward/eaves trade and likely buyout of Eaves but one thing should be clear is that PC was thinking several steps ahead in his dealing with the Hunwick situation. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

right on GillesGilbert.... PC knows what he's doing alot more than the people on here give him credit for. Although this move does make me a little nervous. I think Ward was a BIG part of this TEAM, on and especially off the ice. He got hurt alot but that never stopped him once from giving up his body to block a shot or even consecutive shots or lay a good hit on someone or throw the famous fore-arm shivver. I think he was a huge part of keeping the team together and as cloe as they were and he also did alot for the team in the community with his radio appearances and stuff like that. It's never good to lose the leaders of your team. Hopefully someone is going to be able to step up and fill his shoes in those ways,but i doubt it. Team chemistry just took a huge hit with the loss of Ward.  I'll give Morris a chance, i'm just happy he was only signed for 1 year...thank god.

Now as far as the Phil Kessel drama goes, I know none of you want to see your leading goal scorer go but like i've said before if you give him $4-$5 million for the next 2-3 years you are gonna be sorry. If Kessel gets his deal then you can kiss Savard goodbye and thats a horrible trade off if you ask me. Without Savard, Kessel doesn't come close to scoring 36 goals and if he's playing with Bergeron he scores less than 25.

I don't think people consider the future cap situation next season when they talk about Kessel. Lucic, Wheeler, Rask, and Stuart will all be in line for raises and Savard will be a UFA that in my opinion we desperatly need to resign, especially with Bergerons decline in play. I know most of you think Patrice is going to magicly morph back into his old self again but you can't possibly just assume that and feel comfortable letting Savard walk. If Savard walks and Krejci got injured then what would we do?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

very nice graphic......sweeping those canadians...love it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

remember all the haters.....as soon as morris scores some goals or has a bunch of points ,or smashes someone against the boards...they will all be on the bandwagon.....just like last year....they rag on everything,don`t really follow the team,listen to talk radio and shoot their mouths off, then are first in line at the parade and knew it all along

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

dude stop rashing on pc so bad who was gonna be are 6th dman  johnny boychuck deffitly not pc did overpay the guy but we needed someone like morris but now need to get rid of kobosew who i personally like as a player but its hockey so trade kobosew and sign kessel

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Spreading the offensive task thinly across the team

In Response to bruins sign derek morris:

I expressed my lack of shock elsewhere, but I want to add one thing.

What I see as being very likely detrimental to the Bs next season is the lack of ninja scorers. A whole lot of 20 goal scorers and puck moving defensemen will not bring home the cup. You need two guys or so who can be counted on to sink the puck when it's most needed, and 20 goal scorers aren't there for that.

The non-ninjas come through a lot, but not necessarily when it's most needed. And not nearly enough in the playoffs, as we saw this past year. Heck, we had to count on Bitz! That's because Kessel was hurt, and so were a couple of other offensively talented players. But without these offensive ninjas, there's only so far we can go.

My point is that I see the trend here, in the new roster, as being one of spreading the offensive task thinly across the team. That worries me more than anything.

So its great to have a good defenseman added to the mix, but in a heartbeat I would sacrifice both Bergie and Ryder for one Malkin, one Franzen or one Zetterberg. (I won't say a Staal because that's just WRONG!)

We need a couple of Savvy-like stars out there. (Incidentally, I think he CAN be one of those guys who puts the puck in the net when it counts most--much more than a passer. Sort of like Looch, who scores twice when you really need the goals, like against pre-playoff San Jose, etc.)

No ninjas, no cup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Spreading the offensive task thinly across the team

In Response to Spreading the offensive task thinly across the team:
    In Response to bruins sign derek morris : I expressed my lack of shock elsewhere, but I want to add one thing. What I see as being very likely detrimental to the Bs next season is the lack of ninja scorers. A whole lot of 20 goal scorers and puck moving defensemen will not bring home the cup. You need two guys or so who can be counted on to sink the puck when it's most needed, and 20 goal scorers aren't there for that. The non-ninjas come through a lot, but not necessarily when it's most needed. And not nearly enough in the playoffs, as we saw this past year. Heck, we had to count on Bitz! That's because Kessel was hurt, and so were a couple of other offensively talented players. But without these offensive ninjas, there's only so far we can go. My point is that I see the trend here, in the new roster, as being one of spreading the offensive task thinly across the team. That worries me more than anything. So its great to have a good defenseman added to the mix, but in a heartbeat I would sacrifice both Bergie and Ryder for one Malkin, one Franzen or one Zetterberg. (I won't say a Staal because that's just WRONG!) We need a couple of Savvy-like stars out there. (Incidentally, I think he CAN be one of those guys who puts the puck in the net when it counts most--much more than a passer. Sort of like Looch, who scores twice when you really need the goals, like against pre-playoff San Jose, etc.) No ninjas, no cup.
    Posted by BruinsUnite
    Good post unite.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Spreading the offensive task thinly across the team:
    In Response to bruins sign derek morris : My point is that I see the trend here, in the new roster, as being one of spreading the offensive task thinly across the team. That worries me more than anything. No ninjas, no cup.
    Posted by BruinsUnite

We already have him his name be Blake Wheeler!!!...BU are you getting your apology speech ready!?

In offseason, Wheeler hitting the pound sign

The rookie season that started with so much promise ended, for Blake Wheeler, with a seat in the press box against Carolina, scratched in favor of Byron Bitz. So with his late-year fizzle in mind, Wheeler has been adding some bulk this summer (currently he’s over 220 pounds; he finished the season below 215) as preventative maintenance for the rigors of the NHL.

“He’s working out like crazy,’’ said Matt Keator, Wheeler’s agent. “He’s packed on another 7 pounds, but still at 5 percent body fat. He’s feeling pretty darn good.’’Continued...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

In Response to Re: Spreading the offensive task thinly across the team:
    In Response to Spreading the offensive task thinly across the team : We already have him his name be Blake Wheeler!!!...BU are you getting your apology speech ready!? In offseason, Wheeler hitting the pound sign The rookie season that started with so much promise ended, for Blake Wheeler , with a seat in the press box against Carolina, scratched in favor of Byron Bitz. So with his late-year fizzle in mind, Wheeler has been adding some bulk this summer (currently he’s over 220 pounds; he finished the season below 215) as preventative ma
    intenance for the rigors of the NHL. “He’s working out like crazy,’’ said Matt Keator , Wheeler’s agent. “He’s packed on another 7 pounds, but still at 5 percent body fat. He’s feeling pretty darn good.’’ Continued...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

He better be working out like crazy. It's his job! But he better get a shrink too, because he looks like a sickly and scared little bird out there, mentally prepped to be pushed around by the smallest guys.

I so hope you're right , Dawg. I'll gladly give the apologetic speech if POW comes through for us. I just prefer guys who don't have us resort to theism and prayers for their success. With Kessel, we have lots of evidence that he is ready. With POW, it's about hope and maybes.

Oh, and Bitz is also gold. What a find!!

Sections
Shortcuts