Bruins Sign Michael Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

Per tsn.ca, The bruins signed winger Michael Ryder for 3 yr, $4M per

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Bruuutal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tank0r. Show tank0r's posts

Good pickup, maybe $500,00 - $1,000,000 more than I would have thought, but a good addition nonetheless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

4 million a year for a guy who was benched in the playoffs?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins4me. Show bruins4me's posts

ryder might come back to haunt his old team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

nice move..at least they improved somehow

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

4 mil!? Are you serious?! Id rather Murray at 4 and a half.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

confirmed in the bruins blog...good signing considering the cap room and the frenzy that went on today.  A bit of a scoring slump last year but a two year 30 goal scorer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

31 points last year?

What an expensive craptastic signing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

He's basically the exact same player as Murray.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

[Quote]confirmed in the bruins blog...good signing considering the cap room and the frenzy that went on today.  A bit of a scoring slump last year but a two year 30 goal scorer.[/Quote]

Bad signing considering the cap room!!

4 million a season, he had just 31 points last year and was benched in the playoffs!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

He did have two 30 goal seasons before last season though. Ryder is a healthier Murray...same type...great shot, slowing down a bit but a solid scorer.

This solidifies Murray being bought out...and most likely means Boston will try to acquire a defenseman as well. Not a disaster...but not the best move to be made in my opinion.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Ryder? at 4 million? WOW. Other teams must be laughing at us now. I guess the only poistive thing i can say is he potted 30 goals under Julien while he was in Montreal. Dont forget he'll get to play with savard as well. He'll pot 30 goals again. He is soft though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from connor20. Show connor20's posts

before we bash, lets wait and c. maybe he can return to his old form.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins4me. Show bruins4me's posts

bruins fans,i tell you right now, the coach will get the most of him. terrien  had him in montreal hamilton and hull. ryder will play hard for him!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins4me. Show bruins4me's posts

bruins fans,i tell you right now, the coach will get the most of him. terrien  had him in montreal hamilton and hull. ryder will play hard for him!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from df151369. Show df151369's posts

Good pick up.. watch his highlight videos... he is a great cycler with a hell of a shot.. he'll fit in great with the bruins.. probably with savard and sturm. Don't look at his stats. His style is perfect for the Bs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from df151369. Show df151369's posts

and plus, julien coached him before when he had his best seasons

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

He's more tenacious than Murray, but I'm more concerned about his lousy plus/minus.  I have to admit that when he was on the ice against the B's in the playoffs, you knew it.   Hopefully he can bring that on a regular basis, or this is gonna be worthy of some serious bitching.

Ryder's either going to be a player everyone likes, or the rope the Chia haters look to string him up with

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

[Quote]Bad signing considering the cap room!!

4 million a season, he had just 31 points last year and was benched in the playoffs!
    [/Quote]

OK, your opinion.  He is in his something like 27, scored 30 goals for 2 of his three seasons in the NHL, gets in the dog house with the coach and scores in the teens...hence the 31 point season [incomplete] vs his previous 80+ game seasons. 

Do you *really* think the Bruins were going to get Hossa, they don't have the money... have you looked at what this crop of free agents have been pulling in for salaries.  I just think it is unrealistic as they only have 7M or so to spend and have to resign wideman, etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

[Quote]

and plus, julien coached him before when he had his best seasons

[/Quote]

Never considered/realized that.  Very valid point.  Some coaches just know how to use or push certain guys.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

[Quote]4 mil!? Are you serious?! Id rather Murray at 4 and a half.[/Quote]

Are you serious...have you watched a game in the past 2 years?  Murray is far past his peak years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

always talking against Habs LOL you've got one now... enjoy... we won't miss him here!!!  4 millions , bruins must be desperate to offer that kind of money to Ryder !! ....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

always talking against Habs LOL you've got one now... enjoy... we won't miss him here!!!  4 millions , bruins must be desperate to offer that kind of money to Ryder !! ....

Sections
Shortcuts