Bruins situation in regards of Marc Savard: Is it about health or about business?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Bruins situation in regards of Marc Savard: Is it about health or about business?

Hey guys!  I was asking myself yesterday the real reason being the Bruin management saying that Savard is not in game shape yet and that there is no chance to take.

I mean he has been cleared for contact and the doctor gave him the ok to practice with the team.  Is there anyone in the Bruins management that has a better medical expertise than the doctor.

I have no problem if the Bruins are doing because they care about Savard health but i am under the impression that it has more to do with the fact that he just signed a big contract and they do not want to pay money for years if he gets injured and has to retired.

If they think like that they are helping the team.  I remember 2 years ago whe nBergy was ready to go and the Bruins where in a game 7 situation vs the habs and then Bruins elected not to allow him to play.  The doctors had clearded him and everything.  Don't get me wrong there is no guarantee that a player will be concussion free even after he's been cleared to play.

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Bruins situation in regards of Marc Savard: Is it about health or about business?

He has one more test tomorrow. I feel with concusions and every individual recovery and just feeling good are so different. I had this in the back of my mind for some time that he and the Bruins were downplaying his returning early. Savard should know in his own mind if he's ready. Julien should not let Savvy sweet talk him if he's not. This could work out great or it could be Kryptonite. I want him out there just to pump up the crowd. If he's on it's a win win situation. If he's not he gets a short leash as to not cost the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Bruins situation in regards of Marc Savard: Is it about health or about business?

I just don't like the now he has not been cleared by the medical staff no more.  I hope it is bluff and that we will see him in the line up tom night!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Who the hell is going to finish for him anyway?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Good point!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The way Savard can pass you just need to leave your stick on the ice!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

open net gift passes on the PP.Thats about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Pretty sure if it was solely Savard's decision, he'd put himself in game 6. However, with a BIG contract just signed, and no final medical clearance (test) done, he's in limbo land.....till at least his exam tomorrow.

I don't think for a second that some players haven't lied to get themselves back into play.........hopefully Savard is smart enough to keep himself out if there are any signs he's not 100%. You just can't mess around with a brain injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's no waffling around on his medical clearance.  Clearance for contact is one step on the road back, but it's not the same as medical clearance to play.  So no one on the Bruins is second-guessing the doctor; the caution is nothing more than recognizing how badly Bruins fans want to see their best offensive player on the ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I don't want Savvy to end up like Lindros.

Keep him out until he's 100% medically cleared and he is up to par physically. I want to see him on the ice as much as anyone. But it's not worth risking the long term for a short gain this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I understand Savvy wants to get in there but he did not just have a concussion , he had a grade 2 concussion which is more severe.. Bergeron had a grade 3 concussion and he took over a year to get back to some normalcy.. I think in this case the team obviously takes the players safety first as it should.. I don't think the contract thing comes into play.. Obviously you don't want him to end up like Lindros so it will be the doctor's decision to clear him to play based on tests.. Once that is cleared and confirmed then the Bruins will allow him to play.. That green light has not been granted..Agree with Bookboy!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

savard out for game 6  vanek in  ive been told by a close inside source

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Same source who told you the Bruins had won the draft lottery?  Because I'd stop listening to that guy - he's yanking your chain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It is always about business, health just happens to be good business.

Buf says it is up to Vanek, he will probably sit. Sav wants to play, Bos wants him to sit, he will probably sit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

He's been cleared to skate, then cleared to practice, he has not yet been cleared to play.

It's really not that difficult....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Just watched CBC intermission boys talk about the Buff/Bruins game 6.....As mentioned in the above posts, Savard still needs to meet with medical staff tomorrow. The boys on CBC say he most likely will not play. They also had a Lucic interview with Lucic stating the obvious, he has to play better, and that Vanek is a game time decision. Go B's Go !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

In Response to Bruins situation in regards of Marc Savard: Is it about health or about business?:
      Hey guys!  I was asking myself yesterday the real reason being the Bruin management saying that Savard is not in game shape yet and that there is no chance to take.   I mean he has been cleared for contact and the doctor gave him the ok to practice with the team.  Is there anyone in the Bruins management that has a better medical expertise than the doctor.   I have no problem if the Bruins are doing because they care about Savard health but i am under the impression that it has more to do with the fact that he just signed a big contract and they do not want to pay money for years if he gets injured and has to retired.   If they think like that they are helping the team.  I remember 2 years ago whe nBergy was ready to go and the Bruins where in a game 7 situation vs the habs and then Bruins elected not to allow him to play.  The doctors had clearded him and everything.  Don't get me wrong there is no guarantee that a player will be concussion free even after he's been cleared to play.   Any thoughts?
    Posted by lucaooo

I truly believe the team want to make sure that Marc Savard is as healthy as he can be and we are fortunate to be leading the series thus, the team has more time for Marc Savard to rest/heal. Beside, from what I understand every or most of the professional athletes contracts (especially the big contracts) are signed,  the team also would purchase insurance policies againts it  just incase the players had a carreer ending injuries. Now if we're talking game 7 or the Bruins are the one trailing 3-1 in the series at this point, I'm pretty sure Marc Savard will dress.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

Players contracts are insured in the event of injury, so I doubt it has anything to do with management being worried about paying his contract if something were to happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Bruins situation in regards of Marc Savard: Is it about health or about business?:
    savard out for game 6  vanek in  ive been told by a close inside source
    Posted by bruins8

Man you never give up trying to make yourself look like you know more inside stuff then others. This is plastered all over the news up here in Canada so your inside source is who ? the media ? Oh by the way where are we picking again #1 or #2 ? Try going to the " I was wrong " post and fessing up .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Jack Edwards made a good point!  CJ wants to make sure that his players understand that it is up to them to make it happen.  Even if Savard would return you cannot expect him to be the difference maker.

I would not be surprised to see number 91 on the ice tonight.  Why would he take another test the day of a game if the intention is not there.  

I guess we will wait and see!!