Bruins talking to Rangers...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

Bruins talking to Rangers...

Apparently the Bruins and rangers are talking according to HockeyBuzz.com. For what is worth obviously Kessel would be involved. Dubinsky or a Dman in return....thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bruins talking to Rangers...

The Bruins should demand a lot more in return...there aren't a lot of potential 40 goal guys out there.

Bruins #1 need is a solid puck moving D-man...the Rangers don't have that.

Would love Dubinsky but they would need to include a #1 draft choice as well.

I like the idea that someone had on here and try and get Jack Johnson...he is an in your face type of d-man that can move the puck...in todays NHL its all about puck control and having d-men that can move the puck and skate. 

The Oilers and Canucks are also possible matches...

How about Kevin Bieksa for example...he is a horse...or what about Smid and Cogliano....or possibly Gilbert for Kessel straight up.

The B's have lots of potential up front.  I think the safe money is on a young stud d-man...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

I agree...I think dubinsky and the guy the drafter this year would be a good deal....However I think Jack Johnson would be ideal. I think the b's are pretty solid up front w sturm coming back anyways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

If this is true where did you get this info. The Rangers don't have alot of what we need and it doesn't make all that much sense to trade Kessel there. The Rangers have signed all the forwards they need and have spent alot of cash. I don't see a trade here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I gotta agree with Brunod

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Bruins talking to Rangers...:
    [QUOTE]Apparently the Bruins and rangers are talking according to HockeyBuzz.com. For what is worth obviously Kessel would be involved. Dubinsky or a Dman in return....thoughts?
    Posted by emjake5236[/QUOTE]

HockeyBuzz is b.s. and Eklund is a SCAM!  I've been watching this for a while and he suckered me at first.

This is the SCAM thing he does.  He will often post a trade on that site saying that it is a STRONG RUMOR as soon as he can.  Then what happens - the Globe is slow to pick it up.  Then you see it on his site first, so then you get suckered into thinking he got it first.  He did not.

He guesses and post all sorts of wild things.  Some of those guesses, like 1% come out true.  Read the hockey news and if you make enough wild guesses - some will come true.  That keeps you reading because you figure if he was right once (which he faked), then he will be right again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Bruins talking to Rangers...:
    [QUOTE]Apparently the Bruins and rangers are talking according to HockeyBuzz.com. For what is worth obviously Kessel would be involved. Dubinsky or a Dman in return....thoughts?

HockeyBuzz is b.s. and Eklund is a SCAM!  I've been watching this for a while and he suckered me at first.

This is the SCAM thing he does.  He will often post a trade on that site saying that it is a STRONG RUMOR as soon as he can.  Then what happens - the Globe is slow to pick it up.  Then you see it on his site first, so then you get suckered into thinking he got it first.  He did not.

He guesses and post all sorts of wild things.  Some of those guesses, like 1% come out true.  Read the hockey news and if you make enough wild guesses - some will come true.  That keeps you reading because you figure if he was right once (which he faked), then he will be right again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

For what the Rangers have they wouldn't be a bad trading partner. In the past few drafts they have stocked up on some good young offensive defenseman, including Michael Del Zotto, who would've been a top 5 pick in the 08' draft if he had a stronger defensive game, as his offensive game is top level for a defenseman. They also have 2006 first rounder Bob Sanguenetti, who should be ready to clack the lineup next season. They don't have great forward prospects, which is why they'd be looking for Kessel, but that could be compensated for a 1st rounder. Dubinsky is a decent player, but he won't be a top point producer and will level off around 60 points per season.
    I like the idea of Jack Johnson, and I think Julien is the right coach to get him to reach his potential. The issues with his contract situation could be solved with a 1 year contract with the knowing of a long term deal should he progress well.
    While Los Angeles traded for Ryan Smyth, they may still be in the interest in acquiring a goal scorer. maybe a Kessel for Johnson and a mid level pick or prospect deal. Boston has lowered Kessel's trade value by not beginning contract discussions yet, and while it still leaves time to sign him it shows a lack of interest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The Rangers have very little to offer right now unless it's Staal and a first rounder, I just don't see anything usefult there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

....KESSEL WALKS , THEY WILL GET THE PICKS, AND CHIARELIE WILL TELL US "THERE WAS NO TRADING PARTNERS" ( believe it?)   i believe he ends up in montreal

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I agree with everything everyone said about a) why this trade doesn't make sense for Boston b) why NY wouldn't give up their first born son and mother to make a trade happen  c) NY is OK for forwards and needs defense more than we do

Plus one more thing, if I'm going to trade Kessel, I think I would want him out of the conference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

According to Nesn , Chiarelli is syaing Kessel will be re-signed so I am wondering if it's to shed a player to make room rather than moving Kessel.

by Michael Hurley, July 10, 2009 – 10:00 am

It has been a rather busy offseason for Peter Chiarelli. Aside from signing Mark Recchi, David Krejci, Steve Begin and others, he’s had to manage the tricky Phil Kessel situation.

A restricted free agent, Kessel’s name has been thrown into trade rumors since the season ended. Chiarelli, appearing in an interview with NESN’s Kathryn Tappen, did not deny those rumors but said that he expects Kessel to be back with the Bruins next season.

“Yes, yes he will [be back],” Chiarelli said. “I don’t like to talk about negotiations, but he’s a player of impact. [He has] the speed, and he’s still a young player.

“I can’t dismiss me talking about players to trade because that’s my job. It’s unfortunate that [trade rumors] leak out but Phil’s a good person — a very good person and a very good player — and we fully intend to keep him.”

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Unlikely - and Vancouver wouldn't give up Bieksa now that they lost Ohlund to TB.
    THe only likely partners for Kess in a deal is a team overstuffed with D - and right now that team is Toronto - nobody else really has that depth in D to make a deal worth discussing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

im glad i learned that this sight is a scam....eklund reports all types of wild things...i like the bloggers on that sight, but eklund very easily could just throw stuff out there and it wouldnt matter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nmiller3. Show nmiller3's posts

Now the rumor is kessel to vancouver. he is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins talking to Rangers...:
    [QUOTE]im glad i learned that this sight is a scam....eklund reports all types of wild things...i like the bloggers on that sight, but eklund very easily could just throw stuff out there and it wouldnt matter.

Much better http://www.thefourthperiod.com/rumors.html site! Sather is desperate to unload money because he has to make up for major blunders! The man is past his prime and needs to put out to pastor!

Sather should have retired a long time ago so he could go join his fishing buddy "Not so wild about Harry!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]According to Nesn , Chiarelli is syaing Kessel will be re-signed so I am wondering if it's to shed a player to make room rather than moving Kessel. by Michael Hurley, July 10, 2009 – 10:00 am It has been a rather busy offseason for Peter Chiarelli. Aside from signing Mark Recchi , David Krejci , Steve Begin and others, he’s had to manage the tricky Phil Kessel situation. A restricted free agent, Kessel’s name has been thrown into trade rumors since the season ended. Chiarelli, appearing in an interview with NESN’s Kathryn Tappen, did not deny those rumors but said that he expects Kessel to be back with the Bruins next season. “Yes, yes he will [be back],” Chiarelli said. “I don’t like to talk about negotiations, but he’s a player of impact. [He has] the speed, and he’s still a young player. “I can’t dismiss me talking about players to trade because that’s my job. It’s unfortunate that [trade rumors] leak out but Phil’s a good person — a very good person and a very good player — and we fully intend to keep him.”
    Posted by jayman77[/QUOTE]

Key word "intend".  Exactly like my car buying strategy. "I fully intend to buy this car from you.  I want to make this deal happen.  (You just have to give me the price I want.)"  They say whatever and you just keep repeating that line.  You are not saying "NO DEAL", instead you say "yes, but on my terms."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Boston can only afford somewhere around a 4M$ guy. It was me who originally pointed out they should look to obtain Jack Johnson who I believe is still in his 3 year entry level contract. LOTS of potential for a guy who has had some bad luck early in his career. LA doesnt need to wait around for him to blossom as they have young stud drew doughty who is probably the best young shutdown dman in the game. They also dont need offense which doesnt make the trade likely. Kopitar, Brown, Smyth, Frolov etc etc

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

[QUOTE] LA doesnt need to wait around for him to blossom as they have young stud drew doughty who is probably the best young shutdown dman in the game. They also dont need offense which doesnt make the trade likely. Kopitar, Brown, Smyth, Frolov etc etc
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

Last year only NYI and Colorado scored fewer goals than LA and they were rumored to be interested in Hossa and Gaborik to name a couple. They did trade for Smyth but I think they would still be interested in Kessel.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

LA needs scoring and veteran leadership, the latter coming with Ryan Smyth. They've got an abudance of defenseman, and though they have the other 4 that's not alot of dynamic scoring. Getting Kessel gives them a great goal scorer for a while, but I'm not completely sure they'd go for a trade. They may be happy with what they have, since they got Smyth for nearly nothing.
    Edmonton would be a possible place to deal with, but they're still interested in Heatley. The Rangers aren't a team to deal with, mostly because as it's been mentioned that it's an in conference deal, something Chiareli wouldn't bite on.
    Chiarelli has come out and said Kessel would be back, but that may be a ploy to stir up interest. I'm not saying Kessel will be traded, but I'm not counting it out until he's resigned.
    I would also consider trying to sign Johnson to an offer sheet if he can't be obtained through a trade. Not a high offer of course, but just for the sake of it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

I think LA just needs time for that flurry of youth to mature. They dont really need any extra additives to the offensive lines. Also their dealing 2 defenseman for Smyth means they are probably going to stick with Johnson.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

It's possible, or we could include a veteran defenseman in with Kessel to replace Pressing, like Aaron Ward. Clears more cap room for us and gives them leadership on defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Great idea, schmo-- trade Ward and Kes together.  That would open some cap room for a good acquisition.  Ward is a great shot blocker and warrior, but definitely slowing down.  Trouble chasing back and he lacks that quick offensive spark we want.  He's a fine team leader, but perhaps outlived his time.  Like Axe.  Opening the Kessel slot plus Ward's $2 mill would allow us to grab a darn good D man, or allow some new talent to work their way into the lineup. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bongojr. Show bongojr's posts

If Kessel has to go because of lack of $$, I would love to see the B's get Johnson. But he is an RFA also and word out of LA is he's looking for $5Mil/yr. They can probably keep Kessel for less.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

this so called deal everyone keeps hearing about hear was brandon dubinsky for marc savard on hockeybuzz just straight up! in my mind this deal would be absurd.no way in hell i'd do it!Nor would i do it unless they gave us redden or drury along with dubinsky!then maybe i'd think hard about it.but i keep telling one of my friends the only deal i'd do straight up for savard would be:marleau for savy.that way your not losing any point production.