Bruins Tickets Rise 100%-150%: Check it out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Bruins Tickets Rise 100%-150%: Check it out

My Balcony seats Row 9 ends...$24 seats.

New Price $59.50 for Gold Regular Season games...$51.50 for all other games.

My friend sits in the last row $16 seats..

New Price : $37.50 Gold Regular Season.....$32.50 all other games.

The small fan is getting royally shafted here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Bruins Tickets Rise 100%-150%: Check it out

I didnt renew my 12 game pack because of the price hikes...they are ridiculous

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Funny, Fluto didn't report that!  His Blog is as much puff as Bish--who works for the team!!

Remember when the Globe went after Teams on things like this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsfan4llfe. Show BostonBruinsfan4llfe's posts

Don't forget that last season was a monumental success for the Jacobs family. In 2009 they won thier first playoff round of the decade, that surely calls for a doubling of ticket prices and concessions as well. That amazing success was sure to remind dear old JJ that it was once again time to exploit his happy with anything and loyal to a fault fanbase

What economic crisis?

Some people will never learn. Profits rule the agenda on old Causeway Street

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Thank you Winter Classic. 1 Snowy day in Buffalo and a great game with a goal by Sidney Crosby.

THATs why we'll be paying for this January 1 exhibition FOR A GENERATION.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from julienrules. Show julienrules's posts

Too much...too soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Tickets Rise 100%-150%: Check it out:
    Thank you Winter Classic. 1 Snowy day in Buffalo and a great game with a goal by Sidney Crosby. THATs why we'll be paying for this January 1 exhibition FOR A GENERATION.
    Posted by dogwhacker

It was a horrible game played with an inch of snow on the ice, but it had an ending Bettman could only dream of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

In Response to Bruins Tickets Rise 100%-150%: Check it out:
    My Balcony seats Row 9 ends...$24 seats. New Price $59.50 for Gold Regular Season games...$51.50 for all other games. My friend sits in the last row $16 seats.. New Price : $37.50 Gold Regular Season.....$32.50 all other games. The small fan is getting royally shafted here.
    Posted by dogwhacker

That sure beats inflation!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from havelrstarm. Show havelrstarm's posts

Don't forget that last season was a monumental success for the Jacobs family. In 2009 they won thier first playoff round of the decade, that surely calls for a doubling of ticket prices and concessions as well. That amazing success was sure to remind dear old JJ that it was once again time to exploit his happy with anything and loyal to a fault fanbase What economic crisis? Some people will never learn. Profits rule the agenda on old Causeway Street
    Posted by BostonBruinsfan4llfe

Could not have said it better myself

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

Is it your hunch that this was a directive from Daddy?

Maybe I'm naive, but I would think Charlie would be more sensitive about raising the cheap tix this much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2009-2. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2009-2's posts

Jeremy Jacobs has been a fabulous owner for OUR Boston BRUUUUUINS!!!

Whats wrong with throwing him a couple extra bucks for all he has given us!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

"After our season tickets are sold, that sets the market for our individual games," Latimer said. "We had so few seats to sell to the general public, only about 2,000 per game (after group sales and other tickets held), that those prices went up. We had more demand than in the past and less supply.

"Our individual-ticket prices went up as much as they did in order to keep our season-ticket prices down. We couldn't have held our season-ticket prices without raising individual tickets."

Want to know why the prices went up for each game?

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_239021114.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

"Our individual-ticket prices went up as much as they did in order to keep our season-ticket prices down. We couldn't have held our season-ticket prices without raising individual tickets."

I thought that might be given as a reason at some point.  You heard it right folks, blame the loyal season ticket holders for your high prices

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guy0677. Show guy0677's posts

It's called supply and demand people.  There are 13,500 season ticket holders this year plus partial pack holders.  Indvidual prices go up because there are fewer of them.  The 4,000 empty seats of the past few years while the team struggled are gone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanteFratto. Show DanteFratto's posts

I still have some games available for this season at a great price. I am a full STH and will sell some games for $30 less than the box office price.

My seats are in Section 303. Email me at dantefratto@gmail.com if your interested.

Thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GroinLiqours. Show GroinLiqours's posts

Enjoy the one year freeze season ticket holders because next year your paying the same as everyone else

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

I am second year season ticket holder this year and am fortunate enough to have my season ticket price remain the same as last year.  I know that i will be lucky if i go to half of the games this year.  I agree that the single-game prices have increased way too much. However, because so many STHs will have the luxury of paying a much lower price per game, i think that you will find that purchasing single game tickets from STHs through Craigslist, etc., people will find that they will be getting a better deal than going through the box office. My last row loge seats cost me $65 a game but are going for $121/$140 at the box office (absurd). I know for sure that i will be selling games that i won't be attending closer to $85 a game in order to avoid the hassle of trying to find people to pick up my extra tickets.  I just don't see too many scenarios where i feel i would be able to get too much more for them without much hassle.  Not the answer to the price hikes by any means but certainly an alternative to those who are concerned about being gouged.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

Funny, Fluto didn't report that!  His Blog is as much puff as Bish--who works for the team!! Remember when the Globe went after Teams on things like this?
    Posted by dogwhacker

Bish is the absolute pitts. Impossible to get an objective article out of him. Bruins.com is like communist china in terms of propoganda.

Breaking News: Jeremy Jacobs is a really great guy: adopts a kitten

Story written by John Bish

Sections
Shortcuts