Bruins vs Canes Game 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

Bruins vs Canes Game 1

Good game Bruins.   Breakdown in 'Canes D helped to gift 3 goals.   Wish it was some new phenomenon, but it's not.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins vs Canes Game 1

Breakdown in 'Canes D helped to gift 3 goals. 
    Posted by Skelton42

Gift ? Canes D got out worked all night. Canes forwards are fast as advertised for sure. This is and will be a real good series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Montador made several lousey outlet passes and poor puck handling.  Could we have Hnidy back, please?

Great move getting the lines back the way they should be in the last half game.  Fourth line was much better with Axe.  And the first and second were much much better. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Good game Bruins.   Breakdown in 'Canes D helped to gift 3 goals.   Wish it was some new phenomenon, but it's not.   
    Posted by Skelton42
    Breakdown in Canes D will help to "gift 4 games". Nitey nite troll!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

Breakdown in Canes D will help to "gift 4 games". Nitey nite troll!
    Posted by notrolls

HAH, no troll.  The breakdown in the 'Canes D directly led to 3 goals, just like in Game 7 against the Devils.  Problem is the Bruins are better than the Devils and mistakes like that will cost games.  "gift 4 games"... we'll see.   Still, the 'Canes have been blown out in game one of a series before, only to storm back and win.

It's a best of 7, not best of 1 series. Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I was glad to see that 9 days off did not make my team rusty.

I was glad to draw Carolina too, a great team but the Bruins seem to match up well against them, Thomas looked great and Krejci, Savard and Ryder were stars on offense. Lucic just continues to move people out of his way, love watching him.

Another sweep? I'll say Bruins in 5

11 more wins for THE CUP

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadrackcas. Show Shadrackcas's posts

I admire your optimism.
    As I predicted in a few posts, I think the Bruins will sweep.
    There is no way to get Staal away from Chara, so he is eliminated offensively.  If you watched today, he couldn't cross the blueline without getting the puck knocked away by that big stick, and he looked timid about going in the corners.
    Also, your defensemen threw the puck away whenever they saw Lucic coming. 
    A gift would be if they threw it in their own net.
    They made mistakes, gave the puck away, but Ryder still had to make the shot.  Savard still had to make the shot.  Both of them.
    Canes were outworked in that game, almost right from the beginning.  Ward looked human.  
    Now Boston didn't look too rusty did they?
    And now I really believe that Julien can outcoach  Maurice.
    1 down.  3 to go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

skelton 42 ...your optimism as to just plain stupid... if Game 1 was an indication. i know it's a 7 game series and you stated that but being a fan of your team and having a little faith is totally admirable, believe me, mine has been shaken a few times...but thinking like our Habs "friends" and wishing a miracle will happen if all fans belive together at the same time will bring good luck....you are not that smart. and one for the ditch...why are you even bothering posting on a Boston paper fan forum anyhow...get on with your followers of the faith at your OWN hometown paper....in essense were all saying BEAT IT SCUM!!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

The game was kinda boring. In a way. Nothing like the previous rivalry. I wish there was reason to hate the Canes... but I couldn't think of anything. Help?

No fighting, a relatively easy win... I hope game 2 will be more of a challenge, with the same result, of course. I also hope to see a fight, up close!

But it's kinda cute that savvy and Kessel have switched identities. Is Savvy our new Kessel and Kessel our new Savvy? Surprised

Anyway, I concur with the sentiment above: Can we please have Hnidy back??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

a relatively easy win... I hope game 2 will be more of a challenge,
    Posted by BruinsUnite

Be careful what you wish for....

Myself, I would love to see the Bruins play exactly like they did in game 1.

Thomas was rarely tested, a few close shots which he turned away beautifully.

As in the Montreal series , B's played a smothering defense especially in the 3rd. Sure. they gave the puck away on the perimeter ...but there is always another defender right there to knock it away. The Bruins defense did a fantastic job of reverse passes behind the cage keeping the Carolina forecheck heading in the wrong direction. Bruins passes through the neutral zone and in the attacking zone were clean and on target most of the night.

Even with the score 1-1 after 1 period , I had no fear that this would turn into a loss, the boys were skating and passing real well, and Thomas seemed real sharp.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

exactly Zilla. You have great insight on these games and hockey in general.

Thomas made a great save on a 2 on 1. I mean, if its a 3-2 game instead of a 3-1 game, the whole dynamic of game 1 changes. Hockey goalies will tell you that sometimes the hardest saves to make are the ones that come when you haven't been tested. Keeping yourself mentally sharp to be able to make such good saves is one of the hardest things to do for goalies.

Tim Thomas again tells his haters to STFU.

Another thing.. WHAT A SHOT BY RYDER. WOW, i rewinded that like 5-6 times. his quick release is something even phil Kessel could learn a thing or two from. amazing shot by a sniper.

first line just works so much better with Lucic instead of Axe. the Ice opens up much more for savard. they are much more aggresive.

I dunno BruinsUnite, I thought the game was really inspiring. I mean, this canes team took the Devils to 7 games and the Bruins just looked totally superior. I was excited when i was watching it because i was thinking.. I mean these are playoff teams the bruins are steamrolling, not some scrubs. this could really be the year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Bruins were simply dominating for most of this game. They had the Canes on their heels in their own end a number of times. They were buzzing........score could have been higher. As I said before, Bruins in 5 or less. I cannot see Carolina competing with the Bruins......they just don't match up well.

Caps/Bruins for the Eastern Conf. final. That will be a MUCH bigger battle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Be careful what you wish for.... Myself, I would love to see the Bruins play exactly like they did in game 1. Thomas was rarely tested, a few close shots which he turned away beautifully. As in the Montreal series , B's played a smothering defense especially in the 3rd. Sure. they gave the puck away on the perimeter ...but there is always another defender right there to knock it away. The Bruins defense did a fantastic job of reverse passes behind the cage keeping the Carolina forecheck heading in the wrong direction. Bruins passes through the neutral zone and in the attacking zone were clean and on target most of the night. Even with the score 1-1 after 1 period , I had no fear that this would turn into a loss, the boys were skating and passing real well, and Thomas seemed real sharp.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

The way carolina is crashing the net, something has got to give before the end of this series. Seems that Ruutu thinks he's Olga Corbet hanging from the crossbar behind THOMAS every other shift.No doubt carolina is looking to rattle Timmy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from viscount3535. Show viscount3535's posts

When we go to Carolina, the 'Canes will have some chance to get Staal away from Chara, but as others have already mentioned, our defense can be smothering, so it won't matter that much.

The thing that surprised me in this game was how the 'Canes seemed to shy away from Lucic. I know the guy hits like a truck, but it's the $#!@# playoffs...take a hit.

I think Carolina will take one of their home games (unless they keep avoiding Loooch), but Bruins in 5!!!

Sections
Shortcuts