Bruins vs. Capitals: Opening night game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Bruins vs. Capitals: Opening night game thread

Holy cow, I missed the first few minutes of the third, and find that the Caps popped in two quick ones.  What the heck happened?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Bergy!  Way to take it to the net! 

Looks like I picked a good night to have Ovechkin and Bergeron on my fantasy team.

I can't wait to see the Thorton/Erskine fight when they replay the game on the NHL Network.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

OKay Bergy,  7more to go and you match last years total.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins vs. Capitals: Opening night game thread:
    [QUOTE]OKay Bergy,  7more to go and you match last years total.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Well at least Lester is lookin good over on NESN. Whew was kinda worried. Julien swiched Sturm for Wheeler see how that works out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantjumphi. Show cantjumphi's posts

The Bruins stink, again. Another long season of hype and blaming goalies. Booo. Booo. Booooooooooo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Oh man.  4-1.  Stink-o.

Hopefully, that will be one of the worst performances of the season.  Get that one out of the way early.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins stink, again. Another long season of hype and blaming goalies. Booo. Booo. Booooooooooo.
    Posted by cantjumphi[/QUOTE]

It's past your bedtime. No babies like you needed here.

" Slow start of the season , strong finish "

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

The real mistake

posted at 9/22/2009 12:15 PM EDT

First: 9/10/2009
    Last: 10/1/2009
     20 millions$ for the 35 year old Thomas is the real mistake of P.C.
    Rask( Good deal for P.C.) and Sabourin can make a good job for less and keep money for Kessels or others good young players like him.
    P.C. knows it. But PC was afraid critics. It does all to keep his job some more years. Thomas was too popular for loose him. Now watch the old man loose his ability and become the next buyout like Murray and Schaefer.

The biggest importance for a NHL club is  popularity, because Popularity = Fans = Money.  Not a Stanley cup(Very expensive the following year)

Please remove your pink glasses now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now to watch the Sharks lite-up the Avs !

I see Heatly scoring a hattrick.G

LOOKS LIKE I'M WRONG.  NOTHING WORKING FOR ME.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eleusis. Show eleusis's posts

Bruins looked dead tired halfway through that game. A few of them were practically flailing every time they tried to sprint. I think that's also what brought all those turnovers and bad passes -- tired skaters make poor decisions.  I hope this is just rust and a lack of good conditioning over the summer, and that in a week or two they'll be back in form.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully21. Show Sully21's posts

[QUOTE]The real mistake posted at 9/22/2009 12:15 PM EDT   BlueChip99 Posts: 36 First: 9/10/2009 Last: 10/1/2009  20 millions$ for the 35 year old Thomas is the real mistake of P.C. Rask( Good deal for P.C.) and Sabourin can make a good job for less and keep money for Kessels or others good young players like him. P.C. knows it. But PC was afraid critics. It does all to keep his job some more years. Thomas was too popular for loose him. Now watch the old man loose his ability and become the next buyout like Murray and Schaefer. The biggest importance for a NHL club is  popularity, because Popularity = Fans = Money.  Not a Stanley cup(Very expensive the following year) Please remove your pink glasses now.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully21. Show Sully21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins vs. Capitals: Opening night game thread :
    Posted by Sully21[/QUOTE]

Wow, do you know how to type?  Thomas was signed to big money because he was in route to win the Vezina, you know, for best goalie of the year.  Sure, he's old, but only started in the NHL for three years.  I'm betting he's still got a bit of life in him and will defend his trophy in earnest.  Raask is not ready for full-time duty.  They built the roster to make another run this year, and letting your top goalie from the previous season go would be the old moves of the B's ownership.... that signing helps proves that the salary cap is working.  

Of course, I'm a DTV guy and tried to scour the bars over in the Seaport for the game..... no luck as most bars are also DTV subscribers...... thank you DirecTV...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

where is dkrejci tonight , have not seen one of his posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

CIRCUS

Umm... the Bs were literally falling all over themselves tonight. What a spectacle! As my brother said, I guess the circus *is* in town this year too! (Usually, Boston doesn't play at home their first game because the Cirque du Soleil is in town.)

A large part of me was almost amused. OK so I laughed throughout the entire game. Sturm for holding, Chara for crosschecking, Wheeler literally bumping into teammates and falling over his own feet in the offensive zone, too many men on the ice, and of course, the lovely shooting of the puck into the bench area. LOL

Yeah-- maybe they aren't quite ready for 2010 eh??