B's Defense 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyb9977. Show Mattyb9977's posts

B's Defense 2011

With the move of Wideman, I still think were ALMOST all set on the blue line pending the resign of Boycuk and Stuart.  If read that PC is shopping the draft for another Defenseman. You hear that? 

We might have one of the best set of D liners in the leauge.

Chara Boychuk
    Stuart Sidenberg
    McQuaid Hunwick
    Afggkgy ( forgot his name the guy we just got) Ference
    Plus Wozniewski  

Any problems with this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: B's Defense 2011

In Response to B's Defense 2011:
    With the move of Wideman, I still think were ALMOST all set on the blue line pending the resign of Boycuk and Stuart.  If read that PC is shopping the draft for another Defenseman. You hear that?  We might have one of the best set of D liners in the leauge. Chara Boychuk Stuart Sidenberg McQuaid Hunwick Afggkgy ( forgot his name the guy we just got) Ference Plus Wozniewski    Any problems with this?
    Posted by Mattyb9977

Boychuk is a career minor leaguer who is probably leaving town because some NHL GM is a dolt.  McQuaid is a career minor leaguer.  Alexandrov hasn't played a game in the NHL.  Hunwick stinks.  Ference is average on his best days.  Woz is a career minor leaguer.

Yeah, I have a problem with almost all of that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: B's Defense 2011:
    Seideberg was signed to be a top pairing guy. Chara - Seids Stuart (RFA) Boychuk (UFA) Ference - Hunwick Thats weak. Ference is not going to be a "fourth pairing," which means AHL, guy, he is going to be a 3rd pairing guy. By Afggkgy do you mean Yuri Alexandrov? he will be in the AHL. So your entire second pairing is not signed, and one is a UFA. Hunwick has shown flashes of great play, but a lot of weaknesses, and although I like Ference, everyone hates him. Our blueline needs a LOT of help. Short term, short money, look at leopold.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Ference will absolutely be on the second pairing.  Im not saying I necessarily agree with it, but he will.  He spent most of his Bruins career on the second pairing and just got a raise.  I dont think they would have given him that much money to be on third pairing....

I envinsion this:

Chara Seidenberg
    Stuart Ference
    Hunwick McQuaid

At least to start the year.  We'll (hopefully) see some of the prospects at some point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to B's Defense 2011 : Boychuk is a career minor leaguer who is probably leaving town because some NHL GM is a dolt.  McQuaid is a career minor leaguer.  Alexandrov hasn't played a game in the NHL.  Hunwick stinks.  Ference is average on his best days.  Woz is a career minor leaguer. Yeah, I have a problem with almost all of that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

They got it done with a lesser group last year.  I admit that its not reasonable to expect Tuuka to repeat performance , but something must be said for the fact that the team didnt let up a lot of goals last year.....

And if you count Seidenberg as an acquistion  (which is only fair if you're comparing the upcoming year to last), then you could make the D got even better....

Assuming, of course, we come to terms with stuart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hunwick needs to go - keep Boychuk

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I say we trade Hunwick, sign Stuart and Boychuk, and I think if we clear more cap space, we may go after Gonchar's negotiating rights or just sig him flat out.  I'd love to see:

Chara - Gonchar
    Seidenberg - Stuart
    Boychuk - Ference
    Kampfer/Bartkowski/Alexandrov

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Its interesting but without the 15th overall pick (which we were going to package to get a top 5 pick) it seems like we will need to package someone big to land in the 3-6 range. We want to get in that range to draft a "franchise" defenseman. Will this franchise defenseman mean that Chara is long gone? He enters the last year of his contract. Doesnt seem like the bruins are really looking to resign him anytime soon. Is he the perfect piece to package for an exchange for an 18 year old Cam Fowler? I think its a possibilty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

They ain't going to sign Gonchar. He's looking for $6+ for 2 years, and the B's are not going to pony up that kind of cash for a 36 yr old D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hunwick and McQuaid aren't starting material.  Good god.  McQuaid cannot skate. He's a borderline NHL player. Hunwick is more of a forward.  He can skate, but that's it. No size, no real consistency. Maybe he can improve, but counting on Hunwick as part of a top flight D corps is not going to work.
    Posted by russgriswold

But Huwwick was +15 a couple of seasons ago!  How many 23 year olds can you name that can do that?

(Before anyone jumps on me for talking about Hunwick in this glowing fashion, I'm using an argument that Russ used to pump up Wideman from a different thread.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

They ain't going to sign Gonchar. He's looking for $6+ for 2 years, and the B's are not going to pony up that kind of cash for a 36 yr old D.
    Posted by perrysound

He's looking for 3 years $6M +, but two years $5M + wouldn't be a surprise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to B's Defense 2011 : Boychuk is a career minor leaguer who is probably leaving town because some NHL GM is a dolt.  McQuaid is a career minor leaguer.  Alexandrov hasn't played a game in the NHL.  Hunwick stinks.  Ference is average on his best days.  Woz is a career minor leaguer. Yeah, I have a problem with almost all of that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I wouldn't say he is a career minor leaguer. Boychuck has a rocket of a shot close to Chara's and he showed in the playoffs that he can hit. And when he plays big minutes with Chara, he plays great.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: B's Defense 2011 : I wouldn't say he is a career minor leaguer. Boychuck has a rocket of a shot close to Chara's and he showed in the playoffs that he can hit. And when he plays big minutes with Chara, he plays great.
    Posted by BlackandGold24

374 AHL regular season games, 56 NHL regular season games, 26 years old.

Big shots from the point don't help if they don't go in (Shooting percentage:  5.05%)

Chara can make anyone look good.  Ask Wideman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Charas going to be traded

last year of his contract - stated in a previous post on this thread my rational. I dont think you cant consider this possiblity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

I say we trade Hunwick, sign Stuart and Boychuk, and I think if we clear more cap space, we may go after Gonchar's negotiating rights or just sig him flat out.  I'd love to see: Chara - Gonchar Seidenberg - Stuart Boychuk - Ference Kampfer/Bartkowski/Alexandrov
    Posted by beantowngm15

...and you would see this top 6 together for all of 2 games. Between Ference & Gonchar we better up the trainer pay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

i think they will add a dman . hopefully a r hand shot, that being said much the way boychuck flourished with chara,when there is someone responsible with him, im hopeing to see something like that with hunwick maybe play him with siedenbeg, who is a lefty but has always played the right side and done pretty well, i think they would move the puck! not just back n forth behind the net like ferrence and stuart, hunwick played last season mostly with wideman and his head was so far up his a--ss they both looked bad, so maybe there's hope? or am i all wet?