4. Pittsburgh
    5. Carolina
    6. Jersey
    7. Rangers
    8. Canadiens

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions

In Response to B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions:
    [QUOTE]A little fun here, thats all. Lets rank the top 8 in the east when the bell rings come april. They East is going to be devasting this year with some serious physical play. 1)Washington 2)Boston 3)Philadelphia 4)Pittsburgh 5)NJ 6)Carolina 7)Toronto 8)Habs
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

And no, we will not win the Stanley cup, too many questions on the key players such as : Bergeron?, Wheeler?, Sturm? Recchi?  I never seen a club to lose his better scorer and the following year win the Stanley cup. But the things can change. 

And then, Win the  Stanley cup is it so important? Years after years for league fans it`s more a dream than reality. One thing is shure we will have a very good club and surely a lot of pleasures to watch them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkthehockeynut. Show dirkthehockeynut's posts

Bruins will finish 4th in the East and another 1st round knockout unfortunately. Lack of goal scoring and an aging Tim Thomas will catch up with this team in the long run

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I don't see why people think this team is destined to drop so much. Unless every single one of their younger players hits a wall the Bruins should be able to equal the production they had last year.
    From last years team they lost
    Kessel
    Axy
    Yelle
    Hnidy
    Montador
    Ward
    Manny

Added
    Sturm
    Recchi
    Rask
    Sobotka
    Ference
    Morris
    Hunwick
    Lucic a year older
    Stuart a year older
    Krejci a year older
    Wheeler a year older
    Bergeron farther

Although we didn't do anything drastic, other than lose Kessel, I think the team is in good shape.....the key will be staying healthy, and depth on defense, the forwards are fine, even if we did nothing to compensate for the loss of kessel, offensively the team would be okay (if you look at the numbers from last year, you'll see that we would have been a solid goal scoring team without Kessel) but we added from within the organization.

Top 3 in the east for sure, I can't really think of a team i would consider better than the bruins in the east

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

oh and TSN agrees with me, and TSN actually knows what their talking about...if you check there 30 teams in 30 days pre-season power rankings you'll notice that they've checked 28 teams off the list, and the bruins aren't among them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkthehockeynut. Show dirkthehockeynut's posts

dkrejci46 must be a youngin because his views are so rosie coloured and simplistic like mine were back when I was 15!...

Hey kid the Bruins werent expected to be so good last season so they flew under the radar for a good portion of last season. This year they are no secret and everyone will be gunning for them. Tim Thomas is also a year older and they also lost thier fastest skater and top goal scorer... Those I think are very good reasons why they won't equal last years production.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1. Carolina
    2. Washington
    3. Bruins
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. Philadelphia
    6. Rangers
    7. Devils
    8. Canadiens

Toronto next year they'll make it in Jersey out. Stanley Cup ? We'll  check this thread in march after the trade deadline. Canes and Capitals are the teams to beat!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I don't expect them to run away with the east like they did last year....but the strength of this team last year wasn't an enigmatic sniper....or a goalie. The team was successful to the extent that it was due to its depth and balance, combined with phenomenal defensive systems play. Everyone bought into the system, everyone played it (and the one guy that might have strayed from that system is now gone) and any team that is all on the same page systems wise is a very very dangerous one

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from blead2121. Show blead2121's posts

In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions:
    [QUOTE]In Response to B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : And no, we will not win the Stanley cup, too many questions on the key players such as : Bergeron?, Wheeler?, Sturm? Recchi?  I never seen a club to lose his better scorer and the following year win the Stanley cup. But the things can change.  And then, Win the  Stanley cup is it so important? Years after years for league fans it`s more a dream than reality. One thing is shure we will have a very good club and surely a lot of pleasures to watch them.
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the Penguins just won after losing Marion Hossa who is a great player. Twice the player Kessel is because he can actually play both ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

1. Boston, 2. Washington, 3. Pittsburgh, 4. New Jersey, 5. Philadelphia, 6. Carolina, 7. Rangers, 8. Toronto.

Montreal won't make the playoffs. The Islanders are my wild card.

I like the premise that the Bruins "flew under the radar" last year. LOL. I'm sure every player in the NHL was telling each other they'd have a break when they were playing the Bruins after they lost what, one game in November? Fans may be clueless, but the players aren't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : I am pretty sure the Penguins just won after losing Marion Hossa who is a great player. Twice the player Kessel is because he can actually play both ways.
    Posted by blead2121[/QUOTE]

you`re right blead

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE] From last years team they lost Kessel Axy Yelle Hnidy Montador Ward Manny Added Sturm Recchi Rask Sobotka Ference Morris Hunwick Lucic a year older Stuart a year older Krejci a year older Wheeler a year older Bergeron farther
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I see wild cards
    Sturm, Ference, Morris and Recchi should return to where they all were, I think Sturm and Morris will go up a notch, but that remains to be seen.

Rask is unproven in the NHL.  I am optimistic that he will be fine, but still unproven.  He is a little bit of a head case, nothing to worry about as I see it's just a case of gaining maturity and that issue will be gone, but there is a chance he will Raycroft.  WAY better than Manny in any event and TT is proven and #1.

You're suggesting Stuart, Krejci, Hunwick, Wheeler and Lucic should improve.  I think they should, too, but that remains to be seen.

Bergeron really impressed me in a few preseason games, he was everywhere.  He got back so fast once I thought he was playing defense.  I didn't see that in the last preseason game.  I hope that comes back, if so, he'll be like Zetterberg at his peak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbfan. Show bigbfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : you`re right blead
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

B's will be 3rd or 4th barring injuries. I honestly see Philly and Washington being really tough and Pittsburgh will be right up there.  Hope NJ winds up in 9th or 10th but no doubt they will bore people to sleep and steal enough games to get in!  Also, watched Bitz in the pre season and he has looked pretty boring. I know Julien and PC love this guy but I am not sold on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

1. Bruins 2. Caps 3.Flyers 4.Penguins 5. Canes 6.Rangers 7. Bolts 8. Sens  West   1. Sharks 2. Blackhawks 3. Flames. 4.Nucks 5.Wings 6. Jackets 7.Ducks 8. Kings.           Bruins Over Flames In Finals      Maybe   LOL 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I would be suprised if the penguins weren't given the best chance at a repeat.

I don't think the Capitals are deep enough to win a cup, aside from Ovechkin, they just can't rely on Semin etc to produce.

In my opinion, the bruins and the flyers are the teams to watch to see if their improved defenses can level the offensive advantage currently owned by the penguins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

There is such as thing called "regression to the mean". After an exceptional season due to a lot of factors converging together subsequent results are expected to dip. Planets don't align year after year. And believe it or not, coaching staffs study successful teams to learn how to defeat them. I think the Bruins will make the playoffs though. (I'm not kidding) Their best asset: two very good goalies. The fate of most other teams in the East rests on the performances of a single goalie. In particular, Varlamov and Price (and possibly Gustavsson?) have big talent but inexperience and will therefore have the biggest impact (positive or negative) on the final standings. Could the leafs squeeze into the playoffs? 

1. Pittsburg
    2. Boston
    3. Washington
    4. Montreal
    5. Carolina
    6. Philadelphia
    7. NJ
    8. Rangers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

as long as were making predictions....
    1-2 Bruins
    1-2 Caps
    3. Canes
    4. Flyers
    5. Devils
    6. Penguins
    7. Habs
    8. Panthers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

1. Bruins
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Ovechkin
    4. Philadelphia
    5. New Jersey
    6. Carolina
    7. New York Rangers
    8. Canadiens

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]as long as were making predictions.... 1-2 Bruins 1-2 Caps 3. Canes 4. Flyers 5. Devils 6. Penguins 7. Habs 8. Panthers
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Krejci................................................. Penguins 6? explain

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I would be suprised if the penguins weren't given the best chance at a repeat. I don't think the Capitals are deep enough to win a cup, aside from Ovechkin, they just can't rely on Semin etc to produce. In my opinion, the bruins and the flyers are the teams to watch to see if their improved defenses can level the offensive advantage currently owned by the penguins.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

I'm not that high on the Penguins. Repeating is extraordinarily difficult, and  they've been in the finals for two straight years, which takes its toll. They also were lucky enough to be among the healthiest teams in the playoffs; I'm not sure if the stars will align well enough for them to win it again.

Philly's defense may have improved a bit, but their Achilles' heel remains their goaltending. I wouldn't rely on Ray Emery to deliver my newspaper. The attitude in Philly seems to be "we got Pronger! We're unbeatable!", but it takes a lot more than that to make up a contending team. We'll see.

Caps have question marks in goal too. Lots of pressure on Varlamov. We'll see how he responds, but I hate depending on a rookie from the get-go. I'm so glad Rask doesn't have that burden on his shoulders.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's fans Eastern Conf. predictions : I'm not that high on the Penguins. Repeating is extraordinarily difficult, and  they've been in the finals for two straight years, which takes its toll. They also were lucky enough to be among the healthiest teams in the playoffs;
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

they have two of the top 3 players in the NHL on their roster. That makes repeating a legit possibility year after year. they have a very capable supporting cast mixed with young players and savy veterans and a very solid goaltender.

I hardly think the "stars were aligned" for a team with 2 of the 3 best players in the NHL

I don't think it is the best strategy to predict injury for two players with very little injury history in the league. Even if one gets injured, they are deep enough at center to compete.

I agree with you on Varlamov though, and the capitals in general. They aren't deep enough to win the cup in my opinion

Whats gonna happen next year?

Pittsburg vs. Detroit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

1. Philadelphia
    2. Boston
    3. Washington
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. Carolina
    6. New Jersey
    7. Buffalo
    8. New York Rangers

I can't see Pittsburgh going the distance again this year.  I think it will be between Boston, Philly and Washington in the East.  All have question marks.  Boston needs scoring, Philly needs goaltending and Washington needs a solid effort from its defense.

Let's hope the Bruins find their scoring touch and go the distance!

Sections
Shortcuts