bs forwards best in nhl?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bs forwards best in nhl?

savard lucic wheeler   bergeron sturm recchi   kobasew krejci ryder   begin bitz thornton  kessel?   even pens forwards are not as deep show me 10 better forwards on anyteam... not possible   point is if healthy no doubt the bs are right there for the cup especially if chara and thomas stay at the level they were on last season....gonna b fun bs fans   p.s i know some fans will say we need tis guy or missing this piece but all teams have questions...but not being a homer i really feel great about this group..discuss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: bs forwards best in nhl?

Can't argue having 9 forwards that should put up 20 goals+. Who could possibly claim that? Plus we still have Sobotka battling for a starting spot (Would start on top 3 lines for almost every team in the NHL).
    D is a slight question mark for us, I like the bunch - but they are thin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

There are plenty of other teams who have great talent at forward, but for sheer depth the Bruins are difficult to match. Their second line last year was better than many firsts, and with guys like Wheeler, Krejci and Kessel continuing to grow and improve, Bergeron regaining his form, and Sturm back healthy, they'll give opponents no break. Get done dealing with Savard and here comes Krejci, or Bergeron. Heck, even the grinder line (Thornton, Bitz, Begin?) is likely to give defenses fits.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

got one key word here guys:healthy. the b's gotta stay healthy and not get injured, then maybe as the season rolls on i'll be a true believer that this team can win it all.but you guys are right this is one really deep team this year and i like our chances!especially now that axelsson aint here to mess it up,the bum all he was good for was killin' penalties anyways!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Yes i couldn't agree more. The B's group of forwards are the best.
    However we had the best forwards last year bur ran into a hot Cam Ward
    While other teams enter the season wondering where the goal will come from the B's will score loads and have a solid  D with a star goalie
    They will finish high in the East and will challenge for the cup
    For me sinse they haven't won sinse 1972 they need to win it all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: bs forwards best in nhl?:
    [QUOTE]There are plenty of other teams who have great talent at forward, but for sheer depth the Bruins are difficult to match. Their second line last year was better than many firsts Heck, even the grinder line (Thornton, Bitz, Begin?) is likely to give defenses fits. Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Younger Faster Lunch-Pail Gang and yes the fourth line will give opponents fits!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to bs forwards best in nhl?:
    [QUOTE]savard lucic wheeler   bergeron sturm recchi   kobasew krejci ryder   begin bitz thornton  kessel?   even pens forwards are not as deep show me 10 better forwards on anyteam... not possible   point is if healthy no doubt the bs are right there for the cup especially if chara and thomas stay at the level they were on last season....gonna b fun bs fans   p.s i know some fans will say we need tis guy or missing this piece but all teams have questions...but not being a homer i really feel great about this group..discuss
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? You might want cut back on the kool-aid. Wheeler,Recchi,Begin,Bitz,Thornton-Are you kidding? The rest of that list leaves you with 5 very good forwards and two question marks. Have you seen Malkin and Crosby play? How about Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom and co.? You don't think Philly has 4-5 good forwards? Thats just in the east. We've got a real good group with depth and potential. I can appreciate the enthusiasm, but take it easy-
     I won't even start on Chara.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

I think the core now does prove as a top five group in terms of depth, however, they need Kessel to really make a push for the top spot as best forward corp.  If Kessel is not here, what comes back could certainly make an improvement but, I don't think that you can call them the best even though they are VERY deep.  There's still some time before we really see what this team is going to look like going into October 1st.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to bs forwards best in nhl? : Are you serious? You might want cut back on the kool-aid. Wheeler,Recchi,Begin,Bitz,Thornton-Are you kidding? The rest of that list leaves you with 5 very good forwards and two question marks. Have you seen Malkin and Crosby play? How about Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom and co.? You don't think Philly has 4-5 good forwards? Thats just in the east. We've got a real good group with depth and potential. I can appreciate the enthusiasm, but take it easy-  I won't even start on Chara.....
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

He's referring to depth, not talent at the top. Of course Crosby and Malkin are terrific. But is the Penguins' third line better than the Bruins'? Can you NAME the Penguins' third line? Same with the Capitals. I love Ovechkin and Semin, and they are certainly terrifying offensive forwards. But there's a reason why Ovie gets so much ice time. (and speaking of Chara, did you notice the last couple of times the Caps faced Boston, Ovechkin changed to the other wing so he wouldn't have to go up against him? Now that's respect.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bs forwards best in nhl? : He's referring to depth, not talent at the top. Of course Crosby and Malkin are terrific. But is the Penguins' third line better than the Bruins'? Can you NAME the Penguins' third line? Same with the Capitals. I love Ovechkin and Semin, and they are certainly terrifying offensive forwards. But there's a reason why Ovie gets so much ice time. (and speaking of Chara, did you notice the last couple of times the Caps faced Boston, Ovechkin changed to the other wing so he wouldn't have to go up against him? Now that's respect.)
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    The pens have the cup, and we have the better third line. The caps were in the confrerence finals, but we have more depth. KOOL-AID TIME
    What these clubs have that we don't is ELITE talent. And people are posting mentioning names like Bitz and Begin? I haven't even brought up the red wings.
    BTW how did Chara look against the canes?
    Get real-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

If the Bruins forwards are to be considered the best as a group, they are going to have to show it in the playoffs when it counts, and not just in the regular season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bs forwards best in nhl? : The pens have the cup, and we have the better third line. The caps were in the confrerence finals, but we have more depth. KOOL-AID TIME What these clubs have that we don't is ELITE talent. And people are posting mentioning names like Bitz and Begin? I haven't even brought up the red wings. BTW how did Chara look against the canes? Get real-
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

The discussion was about depth at forward, not about who won the Cup. It IS possible to discuss aspects of the Bruins and other NHL teams without it being KOOl-AID TIME. If you ask a dispassionate observer (and I have discussed the Bruins with many friends who are fans of other teams), they're pretty much unanimous in agreeing that the Bruins have tremendous depth at forward, and are an awesome team. Even if you're drinking the anti-B's kool-aid, you have to agree with that statement.  

However, if you wish to make it a discussion about why the Penguins won the Cup, a couple of points: They remained remarkabley healthy through the playoffs, with the exception of Sergei Gonchar. The Stanley Cup playoffs are often a war of attrition, with the last team left standing sometimes not the best, but the healthiest. If Evgeni Malkin was playing with a shredded labrum, would  he have won the MVP? Probably not. OTOH, the Wings were severely hampered by the injury to Pavel Datsyuk, among others, as were the Bruins with the injuries to Krejci, Hunwick, etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Another consideration is experience, specifically playoff experience. Most of the younger Bruins (and they are, for the most part, a young team) and even many of the older ones had played in ONE NHL playoff series. The Penguins, in contrast, had made it to the finals the previous year. The players will tell you that experience is invaluable. Take a look at most Stanley Cup-winning teams, and you'll see that it's a trophy that's usually won in stages; a team will make the playoffs one year, progress further the next year, and then win it all (see the Red Wings, Penguins and Hurricanes as recent examples).

And as for dissing Chara, again, this is something that makes other fans laugh. I've heard him referred to in a few conversations this summer as "awesome," "a monster," "a beast," "a stud," and "MAN, I wish we had Chara!" No man is an island, however, and even Chara can look vulnerable at times (as can any other defenseman) when his forwards fail to move back on defense, which the Bruins were often guilty of vs. the Hurricanes. Which again, goes back to injuries and experience. But I'd take Zdeno Chara over any defenseman in the NHL, as would many if not most unbiased hockey observers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

the bottom line here is the bruins have the tools to go very far...the experience (what they learned) from last season in rd 2 and most importantly the health of the bs will be the reason the bruins win it all     i look at all rosters in hockey news and without being a homer...the bs are the best.....they will wear other teams down coming wave after wave  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

I knew people would take it to what about Crosby and Malkin, Ovechkin and Semin - what about your 3rd line had 2 guys go over 20 goals last season (Center missed a chunk of the season) 2nd line - all had 20+ goals (1 rookie, 1 2nd year center) and 1st line had a 36er and 25+ and 1 @ 17. Thats called offensive depth. And its something to build on going forward.
    Yes you need a couple stars to put you over the hump in the playoffs - This is a young team - Ryder is your old man on the 2nd line in his mid 20's. Bergeron is still young 20's as is Kess, Krecji, Wheeler, Lucic. Thats 5 YOUNG talents to develop more and more (well, maybe not Kessel).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

One other thought:

//What these clubs have that we don't is ELITE talent.//

This is just such a wrong comment. The Bruins have the Norris and Vezina Trophy winners. They have an all-star center who's one of the top, if not THE top, playmakers in the league. They have (hopefully) a 21-year-old potential 40-50 goal scorer who skates like the wind. They have another center who led the league (read that again: Led the LEAGUE) in plus/minus and has been compared (not by me) to a young Steve Yzerman. How anyone can actually state that the Bruins have no elite talent is absolutely beyond me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]One other thought: //What these clubs have that we don't is ELITE talent.//   This is just such a wrong comment. The Bruins have the Norris and Vezina Trophy winners. They have an all-star center who's one of the top, if not THE top, playmakers in the league. They have (hopefully) a 21-year-old potential 40-50 goal scorer who skates like the wind. They have another center who led the league (read that again: Led the LEAGUE) in plus/minus and has been compared (not by me) to a young Steve Yzerman. How anyone can actually state that the Bruins have no elite talent is absolutely beyond me.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Judging by this comment your pretty much saying that Krejci and Kessel play at the same level as Crosby and Malkin? I'm sure the concept of elite talent is "absolutely beyond you".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hello after crosby and malkin an stall..... i wouldnt take any of the pens forwards over ay of the bruins 12 forwards

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]hello after crosby and malkin an stall..... i wouldnt take any of the pens forwards over ay of the bruins 12 forwards
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Go to fullsize image

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@JWensink "You can only Imagine what happens next?" "He fixes her cable." ~ The Dude Lebowski

The Bruins second, Third and Fourth lines are better than the Pens PERIOD latter lines. Overall The Bs have more depth at forwards than both the Wings and Pittsburgh.

Now as far as the Pens and Wings out of this stratosphere hockey superstars YES Pittsburgh and Detriot blow us away you are coreect sir. Goaltending, Defenseman and overall depth at forward no sorry.

"I'm a Lebowski you're a Lebowski so what?" ~ Lebowski

Sorry it was on VERSUS last night because Curling was on tape delay Hee Hee

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]@JWensink "You can only Imagine what happens next?" "He fixes her cable." ~ The Dude Lebowski The Bruins second, Third and Fourth lines are better than the Pens PERIOD latter lines. Overall The Bs have more depth at forwards than both the Wings and Pittsburgh. Now as far as the Pens and Wings out of this stratosphere hockey superstars YES Pittsburgh and Detriot blow us away you are coreect sir. Goaltending, Defenseman and overall depth at forward no sorry. "I'm a Lebowski you're a Lebowski so what?" ~ Lebowski Sorry it was on VERSUS last night because Curling was on tape delay Hee Hee
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%! my only original point was that when people start saying that we have "the best forwards in the nhl" , and then start naming Begin, Bitz, Thornton, Recchi etc. - I think a reality check is in order.
     Also the results show that "superstars" might be more valuable then depth. I still believe the B's can get there, but I feel they are going to have to get bigger and nastier and go the defensive, grinding physical route- more the N.J. /Anaheim model, rather then pens/wings-