B's should trade their draft picks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

B's should trade their draft picks!

Not the one you guys thought though!  With the B's loaded with high picks, would they ever package multiple high picks to Edmonton for the #1 overall?  Imagine getting both Hall and Seguin?  Edmonton needs both quality and quantity?  The B's could move our own #1 and both our #1's next year.  I'd even throw in one of our #2's this year as well.  Would you do this?  Would Edmonton do this? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

Re: B's should trade their draft picks!

I understand that getting the number 1 and 2 this year would be awesome, i just don't agree that it would be worth it or even possible considering the Oil are rebuilding massively and the fans expect Hall or Seguin, and even if hey were willing t part with their 1st for some reason, tradng away a core of our picks and prospects as well as legit NHL talent (ie. Bergy) just isn't worth 2 spring chickens even if we know that they are to become sick alpha male roosters. For a team to be successful we need our dept and a wide range of role players and skill players. We should just be happy about the number 2 since we're guarnteed one of 2 top players who will hopefully become important cogs in this beast machine. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I don't think the Oilers would ever do that.  Rumour has it they were going to try and do the same thing to us.  These two kids are way too good to pass on so and I'll be happy just getting one of them.  The Oilers fans are drooling over this pick and trading it may be a public relations nightmare.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

absolutely NO. remember when the Bruins picked 1st and 8th?? Sure fire Joe Thornton and speedy/mature muscovite Sergei Samsonov. Getting Hall or seguin will be a decent additive to the Bruins. Add in a Defense potential at choice # 17 or in the second round, and The B's will be underway to complement Caron; Colburne and their future defensive signings from the college/junior ranks. Look at how the Islanders are " SLOWLY" growing even with a raft of top choices over the past few years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Why would you have to add a roster player?  We have plenty of picks.  Not all do pan out.  And if they ever were too, how do you pay them all?  Normally I would not be a proponent of parleying picks like this, but this is a unique situation.  I think it matches up perfectly, in that Edm really stinks and if they hit on multiple picks, they'd be much better off than just the slam dunk.  Again, our 1st and two seconds this year and two firsts next year.  We are as stacked as we've ever been in the system.  I say do it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

I'd much rather see the B's try to swing a deal with Florida for the #3 pick and grab Fowler or Connolly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

In Response to Re: B's should trade their draft picks!:
    I'd much rather see the B's try to swing a deal with Florida for the #3 pick and grab Fowler or Connolly.
    Posted by notrolls

That might even be a more realistic option.  Why didn't I think of that?  Would cost a lot less than what I proposed too I'd imagine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: B's should trade their draft picks! : That might even be a more realistic option.  Why didn't I think of that?  Would cost a lot less than what I proposed too I'd imagine.
    Posted by CamOJonasink
    I'd be willing to part with our #1 this year and next and Toronto's #2 this year (32nd). That would give Florida two first round picks and a high second round pick. Fowler or Gudbranson would be a nice addition defensively, or Connolly would add some more offensive spark. Maybe PC could throw in Wideman or Ryder to clear up some cap space as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

That should be enough.  I'm sure our pick next year would be a low end first rounder and I don't see TOR being a doghouse team next year, but these are still very highpicks.  I think we tend to lose sight as to how many quality picks we have at our disposal.  We could really load up and now is the time.  By all accounts this is a very deep draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

On what basis do you say the Leafs will improve next year?  Because of Mike Komiserak is going to be back in the lineup?  Because Giguerre is getting younger?  Because the FA market is so deep this summer?  Everyone at the bottom of the division is getting good picks in this deep draft as you say, so they will get better.  I see the Flyers and Rangers dropping off for next year, and compare those teams to the Leafs.

OK, throw away my prediction for the Leafs next year.  Why would you trade a first round  pick a year and 2 months before you KNOW if that pick will be high or low?  Do you really think its wise to outright gamble with that pick?  Answer, no it is not wise and its not going to happen.

We could end up with a 1st or 2nd overall next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC will do nothing to move up or down with either of Toronto #1's. Chiarelli might do something with his own #1 and #2 that I could see but not move the 2010 TO pick up.

http://twitter.com/NotBrianBurke

"So Boston got our 2nd overall pick AND used our ex-goalie to advance in the playoffs. This isnt quite turning out like I planned."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

PC will do nothing to move up or down with either of Toronto #1's. Chiarelli might do something with his own #1 and #2 that I could see but not move the 2010 TO pick up. http://twitter.com/NotBrianBurke "So Boston got our 2nd overall pick AND used our ex-goalie to advance in the playoffs. This isnt quite turning out like I planned."
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

http://twitter.com/NotBrianBurke is freakin hilarious.
    "If Kessel scores 85 goals next year I'll look like a genius"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

BadHabtitude ruins another good post with absolute rubbish for analysis!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Wade Redden will be a Leaf next year. Rangers will buy him out and TO will pick him up at a discount.

Just sayin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

It's not gonna happen period!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

That should be enough.  I'm sure our pick next year would be a low end first rounder and I don't see TOR being a doghouse team next year, but these are still very highpicks.  I think we tend to lose sight as to how many quality picks we have at our disposal.  We could really load up and now is the time.  By all accounts this is a very deep draft.
    Posted by CamOJonasink

Cam , I like this years players as much as anybody but I can't see teams wanting to trade their high picks for lower picks. Plus you state we have quality picks at our disposal . If they are quality picks , why are we getting rid of them ?Badhab's analysis on why you would not trade next years TOR pick was discussed on another thread and I agreed that the pick should not be traded so far in advance . ( look what happened with this years TOR pick ). Didn't think badhab ruined this thread at all , just gave his opinion on why the B's shouldn't trade those picks. P.S. davecarr , wade redden ? your post is puzzling for the topic of this thread .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robardo. Show Robardo's posts

If we keep next years Toronto pick, we could end up with D-man Adam Larsson in the draft. A Bruins franchise should be a D-man with the heritage of Orr and Bourque, I think Larsson could be the next one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If we keep next years Toronto pick, we could end up with D-man Adam Larsson in the draft. A Bruins franchise should be a D-man with the heritage of Orr and Bourque, I think Larsson could be the next one.
    Posted by Robardo

Was just wondering robardo if you have seen this kid play ? 6'3" 200 lbs. big kid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robardo. Show Robardo's posts

Yeh, he is dominant in the swedish elite league at his tender age. Was a top player for the swedish jwc-team both in pp and pk. Probobly the most talented player to come out of sweden since Forsberg. Good size, superior passing skill and hochey awerness. Hes awsome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maf559. Show maf559's posts

Someone might have already said this but im too lazy to read it all. Bad idea, too expensive in the long run.  If both these players turn out to be what everyone thinks they will, it will cost  A LOT to keep them once their entry level deals are up. You would have to say goodbye to a majority of the Bruins young studs they have now in the future when they will be reliable veterans looking for even more money.  Its a year to year process, don't look to do too much in one if you ask me.

Sections
Shortcuts