B's SIGN SAVARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

B's SIGN SAVARD

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300651

Sweet Deal...Less of a Cap Hit than he is now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Re: B's SIGN SAVARD

Great news. He comes to play every game and we got him at a cheap price. Maybe now we won't have to listen to people whine about not resigning that money hungry gibbon Kessell.  I think people will be happy with the dpicks we recieve for Kessell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

Sounds like a good deal but lets wait until the official numbers come out. With Chiarelli you never know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

Dec 1, 2009 - Marc Savard has signed a seven-year extension with the Boston Bruins believed to be worth about $39 million, reports TSN's Bob McKenzie via Twitter.  The deal will count about $4.2 million per year against the Bruins cap.  The deal will likely keep Savard, 32, with the Bruins for the remainder of his career.

Good deal in the short term. Not sure how a 36-37-38-39 Marc Savard will be but it will help for the next few years at least.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

Eeesh in 2013-14 a 39 year old Tim Thomas and 36 year old Marc Savard will be a $9.2 million cap hit!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Great signing by the Bruins who show alot more dedication to winning by keeping their better players, now we need the winger to play with him. PC now has his hands full and I hope he is as smart as we know he really is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Damn right great signing.  And, at a fair and reasonable cap hit.  Still can't believe the Loafs gave Philly as much as they did.......but, I love what they gave us to get him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

great signing go bruins. now get him a talented winger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewinab. Show Drewinab's posts

Glad this is done so we can all be spared from season long speculation by some of the clueless arm chair GM wannabes on this board that Savvy would become a free agent in July and sign with the Laffs!  Savvy wants to win sooner than later - and winning in TO is a long way off! Go B's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LETS GO GET A WINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

In Response to Re: B's SIGN SAVARD:
    [QUOTE]Damn right great signing.  And, at a fair and reasonable cap hit.  Still can't believe the Loafs gave Philly as much as they did

Posted by nitch19[/QUOTE]

Why? Look at his age and goal scoring and compare that to simliar players. He is making the about the average.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

Its good to see that Savvy will be in the mix for a long time. He's an elite player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Fantastic Signing!

Glad to see you 'll be a Bruin for a while, Savvy!   ...you should talk to your buddy Ilya, he would make a nice linemate!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

This is a good deal for both sides.I guess now that Savard has resigned with the B's,the big windbag in Toronto along with the idiot media will now have to focus on someone else for Kessel to play with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I have to respect this guy.  On the open market he would have gotten more .
    Savy was true to his word that he'de take less to stay here.
    It's the new wave of lowering cap hit. Good job Chiarelli.
    This will echo across the league and open some eyes .  Uhmm I wonder why these players like playing in Boston and want to stay ....  Good PR. 
    Sinden days are over along with the bad PR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Great deal, elite player, cap friendly contract...and I'm sure Savard has been promised some talent to surround him. I fully expect the Bruins to add an elite winger sooner than later. We're gonna be a force.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's SIGN SAVARD : Why? Look at his age and goal scoring and compare that to simliar players. He is making the about the average.
    Posted by VicRattlehead[/QUOTE]

True.  I think it was about a million too much, but I'm sure Burke was factoring in his age (as you stated) and potential.

On a separate note, with your handle, you must be a big Megadeth fan.  Saw them two weeks ago with Machine Head.  GREAT show, 'deth was so tight and sounded phenomenal.  Great set list too. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Phew. A reason to keep watchin the Bs no matter what happens.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Marc Savard is now getting paid the same as Jason Blake..

Im so thrilled he chose to take a home-town discount, the guy must know he is worth more than that...

You can thank Marc Savard for the next F.A. that shows up in Boston. The guy could have gotten 6M per year. This is a front loaded contract too, the last few years he is going to be making 1M per year.

Props to chirelli as well

I don't know about you guys, but I figured out what jersey I wanna buy..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

[QUOTE]Marc Savard is now getting paid the same as Jason Blake.. Im so thrilled he chose to take a home-town discount, the guy must know he is worth more than that... You can thank Marc Savard for the next F.A. that shows up in Boston. The guy could have gotten 6M per year. This is a front loaded contract too, the last few years he is going to be making 1M per year. Props to chirelli as well I don't know about you guys, but I figured out what jersey I wanna buy..
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

It is not really a discount, it is a front loaded contract, it just seems like it because the contract takes him to age 39.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

BRAIN,

IT DOESN'T MATTER...ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE CAP HIT.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

yea brian, i disagree, I actually think Savard could have gotten more money over fewer years elsewhere. I think he could have gotten a 5 year 33 million dollar contract

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Brian,

I acknowledged it was a front loaded contract in my original post,

yes the next few years have the money all up-front, but I would counter your claim that it isn't a discount because a premier player like Savard doesn't need to have to structure a deal like this to get paid 6M per for several years.

He could have found teams that would have taken a higher cap hit and paid him more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SugdenPhlegm. Show SugdenPhlegm's posts

Its good to see that Savvy will be in the mix for a long time. He's an elite player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to B's SIGN SAVARD:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300651 Sweet Deal...Less of a Cap Hit than he is now
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]
    YAWN!!

Sections
Shortcuts