Cam Fowler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

Cam Fowler

Hearing alot on Taylor Hall. I watched the World Juniors Championship and really thought we could use someone who can move the puck like him. I think we should select the best player available in the draft and Fowler looks like a sure-fire prospect at D...

Thoughts? I think hall is great (althought I havent seen seguin play) but dont see why this kid isn't getting the hype (I guess because we need a goalscorer?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Re: Cam Fowler

We need a potential game changer, and although i like Fowler alot, i think we desperately need a scoring Winger to go with Savvy....Hall could be that guy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree with you Notex if we can get a d man ready for NHL his rookie season can be a groom and trim time be even better following year. The Bruins d men coming up through our system we can have a great back six along with Rask and veteran back up goalie.

Boychuk Fowler Mcquaid Hunwick Stuart  If we can sign Chara

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Canbostondoit..

I like the idea of drafting A dman, but I think it needs to be a potential franchise D man.. I look at that list you just put up and see the bruins have a solid group of 4-6 guys, maybe stuart as a solid 3.. But lacking number 1-2...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

PB37,
    Chara is obviously a 1, but he is not on the list I was refering too in regards to a "great back 6"  My point was simply I don't presently see any solid 1's in our system, or our prospects..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

If it came down to seguin for fowler what would you do (if you were PC)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

PC would probably go with Fowler and get the forward's further down the round.  Lots of highly skilled snipers 10-20.  Etem, Skinner, Galiev, Niederreitter, Burmistrov to name a few.

I would take Seguin because of the dynamic it creates with our current centers, generating competition.  Also, the trade options it opens up.  We could grab a D with our 2nd pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Top D is much harder to come by than top forwards.  If they think Fowler has that kind of potential, they'd be nuts not to take him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I think it will come down to Fowler or Hall, it doesn't really matter.  They are both impact players and will be franchise players.  One may say, 'well can you imagine Hall on the right side of Savvy?  That would be awesome.'  Then another will say, "Man how ridiculous would a Chara-Fowler D-combo be?"  Whoever PC chooses will determine who he signs in the offseason, either a goal-scorer or a puck-moving defenseman.  I would welcome either in a Bruins Uni

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackedwardsbrownteeth1726. Show jackedwardsbrownteeth1726's posts

I love Cam Fowler, I say draft him if possible and then get Etem or Niederrider or galiev later on, everybody wants a great puck moving dman. Also he's American so I'm kind of biased

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Cam Fowler:
    Top D is much harder to come by than top forwards.  If they think Fowler has that kind of potential, they'd be nuts not to take him.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Most years I would agree but the fact that Gormley is now rated at 5 and Pysyk and Gudbranson at 8 and 9 tells me that a good defenceman may still be around in the middle of the first round.I don't know why he dropped in rankings but Gudbranson is considered by some scouts to be better than Fowler but that Fowler gets more hype playing in Windsor.Gormley only ranked 2 behind so it seems we better get the best winger with our first pick and then trade up with our own first in hopes of getting one of the big 3 d-men.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Cam Fowler : Most years I would agree but the fact that Gormley is now rated at 5 and Pysyk and Gudbranson at 8 and 9 tells me that a good defenceman may still be around in the middle of the first round.I don't know why he dropped in rankings but Gudbranson is considered by some scouts to be better than Fowler but that Fowler gets more hype playing in Windsor.Gormley only ranked 2 behind so it seems we better get the best winger with our first pick and then trade up with our own first in hopes of getting one of the big 3 d-men.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Big 4 d-men I mean.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I love Cam Fowler, I say draft him if possible and then get Etem or Niederrider or galiev later on, everybody wants a great puck moving dman. Also he's American so I'm kind of biased
    Posted by jackedwardsbrownteeth1726

He has not been that impressive at the IIHF this year. Also, be careful how or what you read about Fowler. He is the best D-men in THIS draft. Dregger and Mckenzie believe he is a great skater and a good young stud but also cautiously hinted that he may not be up to par like Doughty, Bogosian, Del Zotto or Myres.

Just think some fans are getting carried away with this kid, talking about him if he is the second coming of Ray Bourque or Bobby Orr. It's an unfair judgement for the kid.

This team needs a franchise goal scorer / point producing machine and Seguin and Hall provide that possibility. The need is offense, this draft is deep enough where the Bruins could end up with an NHL ready D-men if they pick lower than 25 in the 1st rnd. But that's just my opinion.