Cam Ward Steals Game 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Cam Ward Steals Game 2

He's made some unbelieveable saves tonight. Bruins have played mostly in the Carolina end in the 3rd outshooting the Canes 15-2......Hopefully Ward uses up all his horseshoes tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

Re: Cam Ward Steals Game 2

indeed he did make a few remarkable saves  no one said it was going to be  easy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

First...I have to agree.  Cam was outstanding and stole the game from the B.
    Second...The 'Canes played much better.  While they still had a few unforced turnovers, none cost a goal (unlike 3 in game 1) and (as importantly) they played a much more physical game tonight.
    Third...Wow, the 'Canes were able to jam in the B zone most of the night.  Huge.
    Fourth...The 'Canes D stepped up.  I lost count how many loose pucks they cleared from in front of the net.

Home Ice advantage swings to the 'Canes.  This is going to be a dog fight of a series.  I had predicted 'Canes in 6, but this could easily go 7.

side note:  Feb 21 against FL was the last time the B was shut out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Just got to tip your hat to Carolina and Ward.. They played a better game than the Bruins tonite..You can't give up shorthanded goals in the playoffs and expect to win...Forget about this one and move on.. Game 3 Wednesday..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Cam played well, but the Bruins were not getting high quality shots.  I thought some of Ward's saves were great, but then the replays showed that Ax's shot was right in the crest, Ryder put the puck into his pad and so on.  I thought he made 3 or 4 great saves, but it turned out they were just good saves.  He played well, but I think the Bruins should have gotten some better shots on goal than they did. 

So I say Cam a little over rated, but his defense way way under rated tonight.  The slot was pretty crowded with Carolina jersies tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Here come the excuses the Bruins are noted for. Folks, this is the real Bruins we saw tonight. Forget the record, they are no better than the 6th seed Canes in reality. When Carolina finishes them off, just line up the reasons just like you always have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

oh brother

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

Who's making excuses? A little adversity will be good for the B's.
     You're going to have games like tonight where you run into a hot goaltender, it's the nature of the playoffs. Carolina deserved the win tonight; the B's know they have to be better, and they will be. The B's made some costly mistakes and the Canes took advantage of them, so let's call it even and head for Raleigh! Boston is too good offensively to be shut down for long. They need to continue with the type of play they had in the third period and carry that over to game 3. If they do that, the puck will find the back of the net. One final note: is it me or were the B's a little tentative on the PP tonight? It seemed they were on the perimeter too much and not attacking the front of the net.

GO BLACK AND GOLD!- LET'S TAKE GAME 3!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

unlike our Habs idiots who spoil our threads all the time ...we Bruins posters know a great performance when we see one. Ward was stellar tonight and he has to be in every game for the Canes to win. Full marks for the effort on BOTH teams I think. but I will say that the Canes are still flirting with disaster and we will still overcome them. The Bruins PP will start to click....starting with Game 3...%-2 Bruins...you heard it here first. Bruins in 6.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]Here come the excuses the Bruins are noted for. Folks, this is the real Bruins we saw tonight. Forget the record, they are no better than the 6th seed Canes in reality. When Carolina finishes them off, just line up the reasons just like you always have.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Hey look,  A Carolina fan....  When did they get internet access in Carolina?

BTW...  Is that North or South Carolina?  Nice how they keep it simple so both states can be proud.  What's the over/under on how long they keep hockey in Carolina? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

hats off to Cam Ward, he played great and stole that one for the Hurricanes.  The B's were very sloppy with the puck and Carolina did a good job on he forecheck.  The Canes went into full trap mode in the third, 3 shots on net!  The
    The B's just didnt have it last night.

this one looks like its gonna be a long series...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

he played good for one game only but are you saying ward is better than vezina winner and allstar timmy thomas?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]he played good for one game only but are you saying ward is better than vezina winner and allstar timmy thomas?
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

Timmy is the man until proven otherwise. Now, having said that, Cam Ward has won a Conn Smythe.......and Stanley Cup. He showed it last night. Can't underestimate his talent or ability in the playoffs......

Bruins just need to keep pounding Carolina and fighting for the puck. They had a number of great scoring chances last night but Ward came up big. I think the Bruins will wear down Carolina and win this series in 5 or 6 maximum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

[QUOTE]he played good for one game only but are you saying ward is better than vezina winner and allstar timmy thomas?
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

Thomas has proven nothing until he gets his name on a Stanley Cup, like Cam Ward has done. Keep that in mind when you're worshipping your idol Timmy Thomas. Cam Ward stoned the Bruins the whole third period while Thomas could only watch and hope for better in game 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I thought Wheeler was kind of "not there".  Anyone agree?  One shot on goal I can remember.....no fight on the boards.  Might be good to let Bitz have a shot in that place, let Wheels sit and think. 

Montador was marginally better but his outlet passes aren't as sharp as we need.  I still think Hnidy does better and is less mistake prone.  I shudder when Mont is carrying the puck

In general, we were not shooting high enough.  Three or four of our goals in game one were top shelf corner.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Who would have thought the Hurricane's could have a rock solid defense??  Boston was kept at the edges in the offensive zone for almost all of period 1 and 2 before they woke from their snooze to pepper Ward..

Message to Bruins;  The Hurricanes are NOT a cream puff, hack team like the Canadiens

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Don't know if Cam stole the game. But, he did steal a goal from RYder and was solid in the first 2 periods. He is a playoff proven goalie, that people don't talk about much. He is really good, but stole? The B's looked like they were playing a regular season game for some of the first 2 periods.  Ward wasn't Tugnutt..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

I felt the Bruins played well in the 3 rd , but were outplayed in the first 2 peroids. I also think Begeron missing an empy net , ultimately changed the game and gave Ward the chance to regain compsure and confidence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleedGold. Show BleedGold's posts

I'll give credit where credit is due, and I definitely think Cam Ward was solid in game 2... but the Bruins made him look REALLY good. If  you look soley at the score sheet it looks like the B's peppered him with shots, but a majority of those shots were low percentage chances that landed right in wards chest. The save most people are buzzing about is the one on Ryder on the powerplay in the 3rd. 9 times out of 10 Ryder scores on that play as he had the whole top right corner open... but on this particular play he miss fired the puck low and into Ward. (A perfect example of the B's making him LOOK unbeatable.)

Also, the Cane's are doing a great job covering our backdoor on the powerplay so we need to try something else to open that back up again. (0/7 on the series?!)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1168. Show Rich1168's posts

[QUOTE]Timmy is the man until proven otherwise. Now, having said that, Cam Ward has won a Conn Smythe.......and Stanley Cup. He showed it last night. Can't underestimate his talent or ability in the playoffs...... Bruins just need to keep pounding Carolina and fighting for the puck. They had a number of great scoring chances last night but Ward came up big. I think the Bruins will wear down Carolina and win this series in 5 or 6 maximum.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

And, Ward has won a Memorial Cup.  That's four playoff rounds along with a weeklong tournament against teams you've never seen (2001, Red Deer Rebels).

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It was an easy game for Ward, period ! 
    I was there at the game and the Bruins were just not in it in periods 1-2 and were outshot by the Canes.
    The third we kind of took over as we had some powerplays but still I didn't see Ward standing on his head. Routine saves, the best chance we had, Ryder and didn't lift the puck enough. Again,  became a routing save in his butterfly position.
    Bruins need to crash the net and things will begin to happen.

Sections
Shortcuts