Can the Bruins finish dead last in the Eastern Conference?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roosevelt45. Show Roosevelt45's posts

Can the Bruins finish dead last in the Eastern Conference?

Carolina is going through a good stretch. Toronto is rejunevated with the acquisition of Giguere and Phaneuf...well, i would not be surprised if both clubs were to catch up the Bruins. Look at the Leafs roster...they are now better on defense than the Bruins...their forwards are producing more goals than Savard and cie. The Bruins have better goaltenders...that's about it.

The Leafs first pick may not be useful as we thought it would be...it is the Bruins' own first pick that will provide them with a top three pick prospect! Please wake me up and tell me it is just a nightmare!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: Can the Bruins finish dead last in the Eastern Conference?

I would look at the numbers more then I would look at the names on the roster.  The Bruins have the 4th best defense in the league....the Leafs are no where near that.  I can see the Bruins continuing to falter, but I don't see them dropping below the Leafs.  Maybe we will end up with two top 5 picks.  I can imagine worse nightmares....some teams will take years to turn around.  We have two decent seasons in a row with a big step back and still we have lots of the pieces to make a solid team.  Lets hope the draft and off season go well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yes, it is still mathematically possible that the Bruins could finish dead last in the division.

It is also EASILY mathematically possible for Byron Bitz to be a 50 goal scorer this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anyday now Carolina is going to shutdown Cam Ward because of back problems that will pretty much guarantee the Canes the 1 or 2 pick. The Leafs pick will probably end up being somewhere 4th and 7th beacuse the Isles, Atlanta, Florida, Rangers and St. Louis are about to dump skilled salaried players. That means tons of games lost by all.

If PC still has the bulk of his picks he can always trade up for one of the top 3.

Sections
Shortcuts