CAN U NAME AN UNDEFEATED FIGHTER in the NHL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

CAN U NAME AN UNDEFEATED FIGHTER in the NHL?

I sure can't.  Jay Miller, Cam Neely, Stan Jonathan, John Wensink, Brian Curran, Chris Nilan, Al Secord, PJ Stock, Shawn Thornton, Terry O'Reilly, McSorely, Lyndon Byers, etc.... They all have one thing in common, they have all lost fights.  Last night Milan Lucic lost a fight to Colton Orr, another guy that has lost a fight.  You don't win them all people.  Period!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Re: CAN U NAME AN UNDEFEATED FIGHTER in the NHL?

PHIL KESSEL 1-0

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

MeanE it's not the fact he lost the fight it's how he lost the fight. I haven't seen all the fights from Jay Miller, Cam Neely, Stan Jonathan, John Wensink, Brian Curran... but I bet very few ended with them running away from there opponent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

I think Link Gatez may not have lost a fight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Actually, "The Missing Link" lost to an old friend of mine, Dody Wood, in Sharks camp during sprints in training camp. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to CAN U NAME AN UNDEFEATED FIGHTER in the NHL?:
    I sure can't.  Jay Miller, Cam Neely, Stan Jonathan, John Wensink, Brian Curran, Chris Nilan, Al Secord, PJ Stock, Shawn Thornton, Terry O'Reilly, McSorely, Lyndon Byers, etc.... They all have one thing in common, they have all lost fights.  Last night Milan Lucic lost a fight to Colton Orr, another guy that has lost a fight.  You don't win them all people.  Period!
    Posted by MeanE

CHARA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Every fighter will lose one once in a while...its the nature of the beast...Lucic held his own...hopefully he learned not to do backflips and cheer with the crowd...I knew he would eventually get some pay back and last night was karma...Lucic also lost earlier in the year...it happens...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Guys, we can't let Lucic's result against Orr or the manner in which the bout unfolded be the measure of him.  shuperman, dezaruchi and others are spot on in saying there probably is not one NHL enforcer who has not come out on the short end of an altercation.  Earlier this year, the Sens' Matt Carkner blackened Colton Orr's eye with a pretty decisive win.  Orr was sporting a visor after that. 

As Cam Neely said during an interview on THE FAN 590 from Vancouver during the Olympics, man of the club are having "off years."  Lucic, with all of his ailments, is one of them.  When he'll round into form is anybody's guess. 
    (Actually, has anyone seen former Hab Georges Larouque or the Wild's Derek Bookgard lose a fight?) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Lucic losing one fight cannot be a measure of his abilities.  the truth is, he is just a shadow of himself compared to last year.  this says nothing of his fighting skills; because everyone loses a fight occasionally.  the truth is, it has nothing to do with one fight; he simply has not been performing like last year.  the problems with him reflects the entire team; this is just a shadow of a team of last year.  just look at everyone from Wideman to Savard.  this one fight is just one example.  whether or not the team overperformed last year, or underporformed this year.  the problem is universal.  so stop pointing out one single issue and look at the whole picture.  THIS IS NOT OUR YEAR. No one would be making an issue of this if this fight happened last year...no.  we are in the midst of a perfect storm...from top to bottom. 

so stop looking for a scapegoat; because the one player who decided to fight for his team and lost is not the right one to blame.

therefore, I think the issue is confidence.  this team never had a chance to gain the confidence like they had last year.  this year we have lost so many games by just 1 point (forget the empty neters) and that hacks away at team dynamics and confidence.  now at the end of the road; it is too late. 

the best we can hope for is for next year.  hopefully, mgt will not be so inept and will bring in a top scorer.  someone who can change the chemistry and install confidence.  otherwise....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

EXACTLY!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

dbg1, i'm going to stop posting and you just speak for me from now on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cad11. Show cad11's posts

In Response to Re: CAN U NAME AN UNDEFEATED FIGHTER in the NHL?:
    Guys, we can't let Lucic's result against Orr or the manner in which the bout unfolded be the measure of him.  shuperman, dezaruchi and others are spot on in saying there probably is not one NHL enforcer who has not come out on the short end of an altercation.  Earlier this year, the Sens' Matt Carkner blackened Colton Orr's eye with a pretty decisive win.  Orr was sporting a visor after that.  As Cam Neely said during an interview on THE FAN 590 from Vancouver during the Olympics, man of the club are having "off years."  Lucic, with all of his ailments, is one of them.  When he'll round into form is anybody's guess.  (Actually, has anyone seen former Hab Georges Larouque or the Wild's Derek Bookgard lose a fight?) 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Pierre McGuire said on TSN last night during the game that he'd never seen Chara lose a fight.

I'd say Laraque lost this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdDdmNnLT0

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't know for sure, because I didn't see enough of them, but Nystrom and Probert?

Nystrom was the only one I can remember beating O'Reilly handily.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

link gaetz-the "missing link"?

yeah he got popped in this one:                                                                     

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/24562

seriously probie+joey kocur had fists set on KILL.

those were the days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Gordie Howe the best fighter of em all!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Savard has never lost a fight.  Wait, he's never been in a real one.  He never drops his gloves.  He just jumps guys, throws a few gloved punches, gets out of Dodge and then yells at the other guy from behind a ref.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eurosoxfan. Show eurosoxfan's posts

Assuming that all the genius' here have been cracked by a Colton Orr-like shot to the jaw...geesh talk about arm chair quarterbacking!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BadHab,

Probert is easily one of my favorites of all time and he lost his share as well...Crowder, Domi beat him and late in his career he lost some as well.

No true fighter wins every fight...and just to clear the record just b/c a guy lands on top doesnt mean he wins...sometimes/most times the best punch is the 1st one landed...

Lucic didnt get knocked out, he didnt turtle...he lost a fight based on the better of the punches landed...he skated away for repairs and came back and played a very good game...outside of TT he was our best player that night...

I am not a huge Lucic fan but to me he stood in there against one of the NHL's best fighters...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The only player I can say I NEVER saw lose a fight was Tony Twist. Not saying he didn't lose any. If he did I never saw it. If anyone can show me a link to one I'd be happy to see it.
    I don't get what the big deal about a player losing a fight. if memory serves me correctly Talbott? I think it was who got pummled by Carcillo last year in the play-offs. The Pens picked things up & won the game. It was just the fact that Talby took him on. Looch isn't afraid of anyone & he's been told not to fight anyone who doesn't match his ice time! Well he came to the aid of a teammate & answered the call. The B's haven't done that this year like they did last. They're not as team tough & that's where a lot of their game came from. I appalaude any Bruin who steps up! Win or lose right now is irrelevent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I'm gonna stick with behemoth Derek Boogard of the Wild, presently a solid candidate for the title of "Heavyweight Champion of the NHL."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Gordie would have handed Boogard his heiney. When he was 13 he was carring 2-100 pound sacks of cement on his back . John Ferguson was the toughest guy of his era and he even he said he wouldn't try Gordie!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

That tough guy Don Cherry?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the way boogard skates he looks like he borrowed gordie's cement.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: CAN U NAME AN UNDEFEATED FIGHTER in the NHL?:
    Gordie would have handed Boogard his heiney. When he was 13 he was carring 2-100 pound sacks of cement on his back . John Ferguson was the toughest guy of his era and he even he said he wouldn't try Gordie!
    Posted by mebackagin

Its been said Gordie Howe was the original power forward of the NHL.  I believe it.