Can we trade Julien for Kessel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnpanzer1. Show johnpanzer1's posts

Can we trade Julien for Kessel?

so i'm watching the game the other night and see excellent skating and passing, decent defense, just no offense...when asked what the Bruins need to do better, Claude Julien, our coach says, "the little things, skate better, pass better." God forbid you go anywhere near the offensive end on one of his teams - Defense first is fine, but he couldn't wait to get rid of Phil Kessel. 36 goals in 70 games and Julian fought him every step of the way. Julain doesn't want to admit he has no offense...I live out here in Berkeley, so i miss all the hype...which sometimes is good, whats the big deal about Krejci? I mean sure, very good 2nd line player, getting better each season, but Boston is talking about this guy like he's Sidney Crosby. Note to Claude: You traded away one of your top offensive players and did'nt replace him. Skate better? Look...sweetie, i want pretty skating i'll go to Ice Capades...get some offense and stop making excuses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Re: Can we trade Julien for Kessel?

I don't believe anyone thinks Krejci is a Crosby....the more common comparison is to a young Yzerman...I'll take that if it pans out.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Damn right you should hope for an Yzerman-like career, but I wouldn't count on it.  Yzerman is a Detroit legend and soon to be first ballot Hall of Famer.  Players like those don't come around but once a generation for most teams.

In Response to Re: Can we trade Julien for Kessel?:
    I don't believe anyone thinks Krejci is a Crosby....the more common comparison is to a young Yzerman...I'll take that if it pans out.  
    Posted by tukkainnet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Can we trade Julien for Kessel?:
    so i'm watching the game the other night and see excellent skating and passing, decent defense, just no offense...when asked what the Bruins need to do better, Claude Julien, our coach says, "the little things, skate better, pass better." God forbid you go anywhere near the offensive end on one of his teams - Defense first is fine, but he couldn't wait to get rid of Phil Kessel. 36 goals in 70 games and Julian fought him every step of the way. Julain doesn't want to admit he has no offense...I live out here in Berkeley, so i miss all the hype...which sometimes is good, whats the big deal about Krejci? I mean sure, very good 2nd line player, getting better each season, but Boston is talking about this guy like he's Sidney Crosby. Note to Claude: You traded away one of your top offensive players and did'nt replace him. Skate better? Look...sweetie, i want pretty skating i'll go to Ice Capades...get some offense and stop making excuses.
    Posted by johnpanzer1

You don`t know. It`s not Julien who trade player but the G.M.,,, Chiarelli

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

i wouldn't trade julien for kessel straight up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

2nd coming of dave lewis....."com,on boys lets go out & win this game 0-0"    old school hockey in the new millennium    & why didnt chara drop them with #40???????????????   the team needed that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FF-Nate. Show FF-Nate's posts

no the team didn't need to lose their best d-man for 5 minutes. the game wasn't out of hand, theres no use dropping them with a goon who just wants to fight for no reason

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Yup, Kessel would've helped in the Ducks game and this one, watching from the press booth - get over it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from loochnessmonstah. Show loochnessmonstah's posts

Kessel is gone. Get over it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

will see how many get over it when bruins get ousted in the first round.

cj had a lot to do with kess leaving.

betcha bruins lose against isles if thomas was in nets. PC u owe one to Gordon for this win.

thomas 5m
    morris 3,3
    and oh is recchi playing or is he in the press box as well. Well done PC, u really know how to stink up the joint skunkman

so far as i said bruins power play has been powerless, do not expect much improvement there. unless ilya comes to town or julien gets traded for Kess. would beg for ths trade to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoJo30. Show DoJo30's posts

Johnpanzer im glad your able to watch the games hopefully you will learn something about hockey.
    Marco you're a tool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Toronto is in dead last place in the NHL. I think we will end up getting a good pick out of this. Also we could pick early in the 2nd round

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

In Response to Can we trade Julien for Kessel?:
    Posted by johnpanzer1

Maybe you want to re-live the Dave Lewis era... Sorry but this post make zero sense and is pure babbling...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Is Krejci playing ? I watched four games and did not notice him. Kessel was by far the most exciting player to watch he was the player people talked about.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbaseball77. Show mrbaseball77's posts

Is Krejci playing ? I watched four games and did not notice him. Kessel was by far the most exciting player to watch he was the player people talked about.
    Posted by michaelf101

Is Kessel playing????? NO  GET OVER IT  MOVE ON SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stratcat31. Show Stratcat31's posts

The guy won the Jack Adams award for a reason last season. We're only 4 games in. Chill out a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

we would still be 2-2 if Kessel was on the team, I don't Kessel could have stopped th thromping by Washington and Anaheim (2 power house teams) The Bruins have done their job so far and beat the team they are supposed to beat

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

The guy won the Jack Adams award for a reason last season. We're only 4 games in. Chill out a bit.
    Posted by Stratcat31

Yeah...cause the majority of the Bs had career seasons, he faced an already decimated Habs team in the first round...and then Maurice handed him his @ss in the 2nd round.  Big deal.  Lets see what kind of coach he is now with less fire power and a team that is far from motivated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

CJ can only coach so much, then it's up to the PLAYER'S to play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

Posted by Stratcat31

In Response to Re: Can we trade Julien for Kessel? : Yeah...cause the majority of the Bs had career seasons, he faced an already decimated Habs team in the first round...and then Maurice handed him his @ss in the 2nd round.  Big deal.  Lets see what kind of coach he is now with less fire power and a team that is far from motivated.
    Posted by diz420

Julien won coach of the year for the same reason that most other Jack Adams recipient win: his team exceeded expectations. And he will be fired for the exact opposite reason (not necessarily this year). People are generally very bad at determining the contribution of coaches to their teams performance and the coaching awards reflect that. I think CJ must be a decent coach. He certainly outcoached Carbonneau in the 2008 playoffs (despite Habs win), but I guess that is not a high standard to judge him against. On the other hand, I'd be curious to know  exactly what got him fired by Lou Lamoriello (a GM with a pretty strong record) under very unusual circumstances.

As for Kessel: good move by Chiarelli.

Sections
Shortcuts