can/will savy return?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CraigM120. Show CraigM120's posts

can/will savy return?

after seeing him talk, it is clear he isnt anywhere near getting better. but as we move closer to the playoffs, do you think he could get better enough to play? obviously you don't want him to rush back and get injured again, but having him on the ice and in the locker room would definately be a big push for the bruins. with the way they are playing, a lot better as of late, they could really use savy on the ice to help them through the playoffs. what are people's thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: can/will savy return?

I don't think he comes back this season.. unless the B's make a deep playoff run i think it would be to risky, should they make eastern conf finals or futher, he may decide its worth the risk.. He is getting better though, but he's not close to returning yet.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

TRH, your a genuis really, kessel has eclipsed savard goal total, thats great, savards a play maker, not a sniper, and kessel hasn't touched his point totals or consistancy..

Joe Thornton has the most points in the NHL since the 2000 season, and hes got what 2 30 goal seasons in his career...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

No way Savard comes back this year and I think based on the severity of the concussion, he won't start the season either.

After watching that goof Cooke against the Leafs, it makes me even more angrier.

I fear that Savard will NOT be the same player any longer, similiar to what eventually happened to Lindros and others, although I hope that is NOT the case.

It doesn't look good right now, especially at his age.

My guess is he misses first 20 games next year before he's good to go again.  I think the Bruins may now opt for Seguin, given the chance. Bergeron will be coming into UFA year and he's not going to be cheap so it is a bit of a dilemma.

Lets all hope for the best and he's okay.  The NHL needs players like Savard playing at his best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Watching Savard at his press conference he is still a long way away from playing hockey this season. Unless the Bruins make a deep playoff run the next time we'll see Marc Savard is next season hopefully playing with Taylor Hall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The playoffs start in 2 and a half weeks. I'm not a doctor and I don't even pretend to be, but I don't think there's a chance Savard will play in them.....even if they were to pull a major miracle and make the Cup Finals.

If he's just now starting to go outside....I just can't see him being ready to take the rigor of an NHL contest until the start of next season at the very least.

Tragic. I wish him the speediest recovery and hope he's 100% by the start of next season.