Canes and Bruins series predictions....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadrackcas. Show Shadrackcas's posts

Re: Canes and Bruins series predictions....

Bruins in 4.
    Yup, I think they sweep, and this is why.
    The secret to Carolina is their one big line.  Staal.  Stop Staal, stop the Canes. 
    They are tired.  7 games with a physical jersey team and Boston is one of the most physical teams in the game along with the ducks.  Chara will be on Staal at all times, and it doesn't matter what forward line is on, they will all be told to target him. 
    Thomas was the best over the season.  Ward wasn't.  Numbers have a way of balancing out.  His hotstreak won't continue, and Jersey doesn't score the way the Bruins do. 
    The canes defense is weak.  Then can't handle a big physical team such as Boston.  They had troubles with Jersey and they aren't as big as the Bruins.
    As others have said....we roll 4 lines.  That means a lot.  Who do you target?  You have 4 centers that all have their flavour.  Yelle, Savard, Bergeron, Krechi.  This team works hard, and rarely were there games that they took off. 
    Bruins are well rested.  Julian knows how to keep the rust away.
    Cam Neely is a VP.  As much credit as we give coaching and the GM, don't underestimate the behind the scenes work by Neely.  He inspires these players.

I think like in the mtl series, they will go down a goal in the beginning but once the wheels start to turn lookout.  They are a devastating team.  They are a team.  That is what is different about these guys.  They have bonded and will not come unglued.
    Have faith.
    I've been waiting since '72.
    Sweep for the B's.
    Pit's in 6
    Detroit in 7
    Chicago in 6.

nuf said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CAROLINAS DEFENSEMEN? who the hell are these people?
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Yah Sundance to Butch "Who are these guys tracking us ?" and that's why i'm leaning torwards quick work by the Bruins. What do you look for when scouting another teams defensemen ?

Can they move the puck out of the zone ? carry it out not just dump and flip it out to center. What stat do you look at to gauge whether or not they can ? +/-

I've watched them plenty especially against the Bs this year. I busted my piggy bank this year for the hockey package and cut back on a few bottles of Jameson n 12 packs of Amstel (still don't really know if that decesion was good!?)

Here's the defensemen i've seen from there days with Thrashers, Kings, Flyers, Coyotes and there +/- versus the Bruins this year! Corvo -5 Conboy -1 Kabrele -3 Seidenberg -4 Babchuk -4 Hmmm

There careers +/- against the Bs are not much better. This is why I lean towards the Black and Gold in quick work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I changed my mind. I posted my predictions elsewhere. In the wrong thread, I suppose. But anyway Bs in 5. Yeah why not.

I also predict that NONE of the fights in this series will be HALF AS BORING as the thornton / getzlaf fight because the boys aren't sissies and even Bergie can fight.

Other predictions of specific events based on an infinite collection of data that no one can parse to save their lives:

• Stuart will fight Tim Gleason; Gleason won't make much contact.
    • Looch will fight Joni Pitkanen and win; then Kessel will smile as he skates past Looch.
    • Maurice will put 2 guys on Chara at all times and compromise his offense in the process.
    • Coach Maurice will grow his first facial hair and it will fall off before anyone knows it was there. Later, it will be noticed on hd.
    • Thomas will be ON. He will have taken insult at Maurice's assertion that he and Brodeur have the same style, but not because he doesn't like Brodeur; just because it's false. This will inspire him to prove M wrong.
    • Biggest offensive threat will be not Staal but Jokinen, who happens to be the only remotely consistent playoff goal scorer so far with a + rating against Boston (at +2). Unfortunately, he'll be too busy fighting off the bigger bodies to score more than 2 goals throughout the series.
    Hey dawg, nice work on the +/- assessment. The career (and especially season) stats aren't encouraging for the canes are they? Sure they're a different team now (blah blah blah) but this is still the same planet.

pS: Some Coaches talk way too much about their strategy to be strategic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I say keep the brooms out as the B`s sweep another series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think Bruins in 5...Ward is good , but even the best goaltenders have trouble with the speed rush / one-timers....That being said, he should be able to steal one 2-1 game....

We just skate so well.....Also , I think we are 4-0 againse Carolina this year, and we are playing as good as ever...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinisterg. Show sinisterg's posts

Bruins in 5.  Three scoring lines and a checking line that can contribute even as it runs defensemen over.  Solid D anchored by this year's Norris winner.  Vezina finalist in net.  Huge confidence coming off of a 4-game sweep of their arch-rivals.  Carolina is a 6th place team with 1.5 scoring lines (and a good goalie) who just gased itself in a 7-game war with NJ.

Oh, and the other Kaberle is Tomas Kaberle in Toronto.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

that factor alone in beating the devils is why the Bruins win win in 6. The Canes are satistied  with their season now... Bruins are not.
    Posted by bruinsfan4778

While 2006 history might apply a bit more to the Devils than Bruins in 2009, I think you'll get my drift:  Devils had a 15 game winning streak going and swept the Rangers in Round 1.  The 'Canes Beat Montreal in 6 and then the Devils in 5.  Also, that was the year that Edmonton (8 seed) made it to game 7 of the finals.

"...satisfied with their season..."  You must be doing drugs to have made that comment.

My prediction:  Hurricanes in 6.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

satisfied in that they were a team in disarray until Maurice helped propel their confidence and basically made them play to their strengths...something  they were NOT doing under Laviolette. Their beating Jersey was a big high for them and now they are gonna get slapped back to reality. Canes Brindamour is a shadow of himself and Jussi Jokinen...get real...a basic castaway that has had a few good shifts in which the opposing goalie (marty) was napping. And I don't think Jersey was that great of a team to start with. Bruins will not let the Canes get any flow and Canes back end with pitkanen (who I watched play here in Edmonton) is a good puck mover...but NOT the defensive defenseman the Canes are going to need...hence his 3rd team already.
    Canes having made the playoffs was an accomplishment, and beating the Devils...like I said.....is icing on the cake for them...Bruins in 6.
    and PS....the drugs up here in Canada ARE potent...LOL!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skelton42. Show Skelton42's posts

4478:  In my first post in these Bruins forums I mentioned Brind'Amour never played like himself after his early season injury...so I'll meet you half way on that one.    Marty napping?  Nope.  I don't like Marty but the 'Canes would have blown out the Devils in 5 if a lesser goalie was in the net.
    It's true the 'Canes have some key players who have yet to score a point in the playoffs and I can look at all 3 Devils goals in game 7 to find reason for concern about the 'Canes D (wanna give us back A. Ward? Tongue out ).   The team isn't perfect by any means.  Even so, they are dangerous and find ways to win.

6 Games.  As I mentioned in that blog response of mine, "...and I'll have faith in my team that I'll be watching round 3 from the stands and not my living room."

If only the Rangers would have won...but they didn't and both of our teams have a tougher road because of it (I saw the 'Canes beat Pitt at the end of the regular season).   Should be a good series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'm in shock that Barry melrose could pick the canes in 6. I find it disrespectful. Norris trophy defensement, vezina goalie. best power play, best 5-5, won the season series 4-0, depth, coaching, bruins win in every category.

Its almost as if he hasn't watched any of the games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Melrose!? I am not going to listen to anyone who gets fired by a jerk like Brian Lawton! I say we wait to see when Barry does a live chat and/or e-mail him with..

Get a hairtcut! What are you watching picking the canes!? How's your boy Brian Lawton doing? The suits your where on ESPN look like your going zoot suit gansta on a bugs bunny cartoon! and most importantly....

Barry you've done a complete turnaround in your assesment of the bruins from less than week ago! He was all over the Bs last week singing there praises!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dom77. Show dom77's posts

If the Bs can shake the rust and win the first game then they will sweep.
    If they loose the first game then it will take 6.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadrackcas. Show Shadrackcas's posts

Agree with assesment of melrose.  Basically, he is horrible.  Sorry, but old school in a new NHL.  Domineering boss who you hate to work for and performance suffers for their stupid ego.  I think the guys on the team hated him and his methods and arrogance, so they didn't play for him, and then when he was confronted on it, his ego got him in trouble with his boss and ownership.  He is not liked, and I kind of agree with why.
    So anything coming out of his mouth just makes me laugh.
    I think Julien has the players respect, and they have his.  He never talks bad about the players.  Never roasts one on the public stage.  Players respect that.  I also think he is a tactician, much in the way that Scotty B. was/is.
    We have much better coaching than the Canes.  Hands down.
    Each of our lines is more balanced, and our superstars outweigh theirs.
    Thomas was a better goalie througn the season.  No discussion.
    Kessel, Lucic, Savard, Wheeler, Krechi, Ryder, Bergeron, Kobasew, and Axx can still shut down opposing forwards.  That is Bostons "name brands".
    Staal.  Yup.  I can't really think of any others.  Cole, Brind Amour, ok.  Kind of.  Samsanov, I actually like and have met once when he was a Bruin.  That is about it.
    Chara, Wideman, Stuart, Ward, Ferrence, Hnidy (from close to Winnipeg!!)
    I honestly can't name one of the Canes defenseman. 
    We should be able to dominate this series.  I truly believe that the only teams that could give Boston trouble live in the west.  Detroit, and Anaheim. 
    This team punishes opposing players.  Actually enjoys it I think.  They need to follow their system, and unless some stars are seriously out of alignment, we should take this quickly.  Get rested for what comes out of Pit and Wash series.  That will be a humdinger filled with a lot of hatred.  Hope the victor is spent and has nothing left.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

skelton...your crazy...if Game  1 was any indication...the Canes are toast. and you WILL be watching them golf in about oh 6-7 days from today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to say that I told ya so: Biggest offensive threat will be not Staal but Jokinen.

Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Corvo and Wallin have been with them for a while.Kaberle is the brother of the Toronto star Nicklas. Seiderberg and Pitkanen are two pretty good castoffs from the flyers.
    Posted by watchtower

Wrong Joe Corvo was with the Senators last season. He got traded at trade deadline to the Canes. 
    Wallin was on the Stanley cup winning team.
    The best of all these is Pitkanen and you'll see the Bruins giving him special treatment.
    They only had 5 d's in tonites game and already hurting in the back. At one point Wallin didn't come back and they only had 4 D's.
    We'll just grind them down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I'll keep pickin' 6 and taking sweeps!!

I dont think the Cardiac Canes will get swept but if the big bodies want to impose their will and the speedsters keep on keepin' on...things look good.

Sections
Shortcuts