Cant believe I would ever say this but : Lucic has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Cant believe I would ever say this but : Lucic has to go

I think Milan has lost it totally since he came back from his injury ...doesnt fight anymore, doesnt hit as much ..I said last year that he was the soul of the BRUINS ,,that explains the team's situation ....I have no idea what happened to that team from 2nd overall in goals last season to the worst team in the NHL ???? ...from one of the most exciting team to watch last year to the most boring team to watch this seaon ...God I miss my BRUINS ..

But if the Trashers want Lucic to complete the deal for Kovalchuk I would say yes today .....we need to do something it is so sad to see the team as it is right now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Cant believe I would ever say this but : Lucic has to go

Real bad idea -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

He's not even winning 1-on-1 battles.  I agree he was been a non entity.

Remember, Lucic like a few teammates in the pastr couple of months--is now a multi millionaire.

You trying to tell me that doesn't make a kid a little different?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He has 3 goals in 22 games
    that is about an 11 goal pace!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Jwens, I disagree with you! Its not a bad idea, its a horrible idea.

Looch is getting his game back, you can see it each game. When he is completely back and going full steam, he is priceless. At his age and current play, if we did not sign him, half the league would sign him for more.

Ive said it before and i'll say it again, this guy is built for the playoffs! He was our best guy all around in the playoffs last year. He was great on defense a big threat on offensive, and was a human wrecking ball! What more can you ask for?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

He looks lethargic out there. Then again, I wouldn't trade the kid. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Maybe if Julien gave him some power play he could get ignited. Ryder doesn't put the puck in the net on the pp so why not try Lucic.I agree getting rid of Lucic would be a big mistake. He needs to play more minutes then he is getting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

Go ahead and trade him, he is at the exact same piont in his career as Cam(Not saying he'll be a hall a famer but you just don't know) when he was traded to the Bruins back in 80.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

oh man, i thought i was only one out there that wants this kid gone.  He is awful, this is his best or last year was his best... he cant skate and he has no creatitvity.  He is not dynamic and just plays one way , straight ahead like a bull.  You guys watch how he plays, what does he do with the puck forget what he does when he doesnt have the puck and you will see what i am talking about.  What good is it to have someone given the puck that does nothing with it. 

After all the fighting, come on people how many fights can you get into after a while you will be burndnt out, your body will loose its form and you mentally drained thinkiing who is going to fight me next, you want a guy who can fight when he has to fight, not a looch is paid to intimidate by fighting every night because he cant do anything else.  I wouldnt pick him up of waivers i would pick ST over him any day.  Bascially dumb as a door knob folkks..

MDsizzle, what do you mean he was great in the playoff a human wrencking ball?  It only took 1 season to figure him out and look what is he doing now ZIP.  He has not change or up side in his game dont you get it.... NO improvment thats the way he is, skate straight and hit skate back and hit some more, DONE.  I can find a dozen in the AHL that can do that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[I think Milan has lost it totally since he came back from his injury ...doesnt fight anymore, doesnt hit as much]

Hey delusional!  Have you thought about maybe some of the players are mailing it in b/c they want to get the F&%# out of this town (get traded) and would want to play somewhere else that actually treats their players a little better ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

he is not getting the ice time because he is not doing well, HELLLO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

this is the nhl/pros, you need skilled/talented, dynamic, fast , mentally/physiclly tough group of guys to win it all... i say mentally tough first and formost important... (i.e  down a goal and still able to win a game )

A looch is one sided only need him for one thing but then you paid him like he can do more, so that defeats what you need in players to win it all, not dynamic, not mentally tough, and/or talented.  He only has physically talent, guys you see the AHL players, i gurantee you can find someone just like him. 

Hey you got to give it to managment though, for seeing such a player like looch that has only physical strength and then pay him just for that... i wonder how the other player in that locker room think of him... I wouldnt say a word because i ll get my jaw and teeths knock out : ))))

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

Delusional, laying blame on all the wrong people!   Simply delusional!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Last year Lucic would have been on Ovechkin on the next shift after Ovy hit Boychuk 3 times in a row

Last nigh after those 3 checks in a row ....ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz go ahead Ovy hit us

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Anybody ever try and skate after an ankle injury. I am doing that right now.Been skating for over 45 years and finding it's like learning how to skate over again.He's trying to do this at an NHL level. Give him time ,he's dinged up right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Milan Lucic has only one problem

Go to fullsize image

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Rocket is spot on about Lucic.

I NEVER said trade Lucic. But PLEASE understand Lucic is a DECENT player.

Whats this Cam Neely comparison crap??. NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE.

A TOTAL insult to Cam.

Its also an injustice to Milan to compare him to Cam. RIDICULOUS.

I've also observed Lucic is regarded as a Hockey God by the TRUE HOCKEY IDIOTS who you find at the Garden. I talk to these people in line for a beer or whatever and they ARE THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE THE REST OF US TRUE HOCKEY FANS A BAD NAME.

The ex-cons, 3-toothed North Shore idiots who wear T shirts that incorporate the F word.  You know who you are. And you're idiots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Right on Wensink. Julien would prefer to give the ice time to his old vets you know the useless ones Begin, Ryder, Satan and to some extent Recchi.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

bruinsfan4ever23 and nycbruinsfan, you two are utterly absurd.  You think "looch is paid to intimidate by fighting every night because he cant do anything else"??????  He's paid to work hard along the boards, bring an emotional uplift, create space for his teammates, and pot 15-20 goals in an 82 game season.  Granted, I agree that Lucic hasn't been at his best, but the guy has been battling some injuries.  It's amazing to me how quickly people jump on and off the bandwagon here.

The real problems with this team are Ryder and Wideman, two guys expected to make HUGE contributions this year.  Neither has and neither has missed significant time (Wideman missed a couple of games with a shoulder ailment).  With the shipping of Kessel in the offseason, the Bruins were basically counting on Ryder to build on his production last year (27 goals).  Instead, I've seen the a player completely disinterested in playing the game.  Wideman has played a little better of late, but considering he was tabbed to our puck-moving defenseman when we extended him last year, all I can say is WOW.  He can't hit the net, constantly misses assignments on D, and doesn't have the confidence to quickly move the puck out of the zone.  In fact, I'm going to start a thread about those two.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Agree with Marco 100% on all points and share your conclusion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

BruinsGM, Ok you say he is paid to work hard along the board, you think he does it better than anyone else, come on how many players can do that just hug all day long and see what happen , th eproblem is once he gets the puck free because he is strong enough what he does after , NOTHING, thats why i wont pay him 4mil, 2nd emotionaly uplift you say, how do you expect to do that with what he has to offer, FIGHT and CHECK, exactly what i said earlier all he had, physical toughnest, 3rd create space, how do you creat space,  again hit the right person, then what can he do afterwards, cant join in on the attack or smart enough to make some extra move to get open for the rest of his team mates, because he cant skate, boils down to again one dimention no smarts jst like a bull, when you play bruins, you see him out there, you take out his passing folks and you are left with 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 every time, thats why he is not there. 

I was never a looch fan for one.  I was never on the bandwagon, i was shocked that he got such a contract.   Sure he brings some emotions by checking hard and is willing to drop gloves, does that put goals in the net and win games, beside why do you need an emotional lift unless your loosing, so there is something else is wrong there right... answered my own questions : ))))

FANS OF BOSTON, you have to get rid of this represents the prototypical bruin , tough and grit in this league with so many changes to rules and penalties you are so restricted, yeah sure maybe before the changes you might still have a chance but look at all the top teams, skate, speed, talanet, mental toughnest wins games and cups.  THen again we are talking about BOSTON, only see what you want to see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

i personally wont jump on ryder or satan they guys atleast have scoring chances and how do you get chance with out skating and smarts, so its just bad luck he is not able to put it in the right spot...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

I guess the Canadian Olympic scouts think Lucic is useless too since they invited him to their training camp over how many other guys??? He is a unique player with skills that don't always show up on the score sheet. He has barely had a chance to do anything this season with all the injuries and the uninspiring play of 75+% of the guys on this team this season. Oh, and how old is he?
    Please people.... I know this season is brutal... but you people are driving me more insane on here everyday crying about someone different for being the problem. Someone even posted to get rid of Thornton.. yeah his league minimum salary for his role is really hurting the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

I was at the game last night.  He couldn't catch a pass for the life of him and he wasn't hitting or opening up space for others.  He was getting knocked off the puck when he did go into the corners.  To me, that aspect of the game is all effort.   For $4M a year that effort should be there every night.

And he is not the next Cam Neely.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

Rockett77, with that being said, dont  you think a smart guy harvard grad realizes that, if he was barking about changes to this org by signing chara and savvy, I GUESS NOT.  PC fell to what he thinks is best for the city not the TEAM in signing lucic.  If they are willing to sign him and extension i dont quite questions the jacobs of being cheap just poor management.  BOSTON gots to stop signing local or players that has played for you and other reasons to do with history/pass, NEED TO SIGN player with consistancy and determination to win... then again folks of MASS/BOS is not willing to see all these over seas players : )))) they want the tough pretty boy i guess.. looks like we will be waiting another 37 years : ))))

Sections
Shortcuts