Cant believe I would ever say this but : Lucic has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

Re: Cant believe I would ever say this but : Lucic has to go

yeah he is unique alright a uniqe bull

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That next Neely thing is, next to the ankle injury, the worst thing to happen to Lucic.  Totally unrealistic.  Let him be Cool Hand Looch.

If you think this kid does nothing but fight and be violent, you don't understand the game.  No one on the Bruins - and few guys in the league - lay the body, retrieve the puck, and put a pass neatly onto a skilled player's stick as well as Lucic when he's healthy and on his game.  He's a human puck retrieval system when his legs allow him to get where he needs to go.  Like any player, he's only as good as skating will allow, and right now, he's skating at about 85%.  That means he's not getting the same number of opportunities to make game-changing plays with the body.  But - a week ago he was at 80%.  Also, watch his instincts around the net.  He's not finding the range, but he gets the puck up quickly and with zip.  That's why they'd consider him for the Olympic team, not his fists.

So - to everyone who chucks out these shots about "toothless morons" who must only like Lucic for his big hits and full on fights - maybe you should look at what's actually happening on the ice because it seems like you're missing a good game (well...not lately if you're watching the Bruins...but you get the point).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

You see ove, thats what you pay for, all heart and determination love that kid... talent and consistancy scores and hit.  oh and sid  the kid is one too.  wow where can bruins find talent like that.  I almost ask or watch these kids coming up fromt he draft, consistancy is HUGE... mental toughnest is HUGE... DRIVE/DETERMINATION IS HUGE somone who doesnt care about $$

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Lucic is amazingly overrated by Bruins fans. That said, I wouldn't give up on him at this point in any Kovalchuk deal, especially since I doubt the Bruins can get him to sign a contract extension.

He could be a very good player. Not even close to being the "next Cam Neely", but a solid 2-3 liner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

bookboy, what do coaches preach from peeewee to batams, SKATE, and LUCIC CANT i rest my case... HE WILL BE THIS TYPE OF PLAYER FOREVER NO UPSIDE, OK when he is feeling better 100% you think he will be skating better, its the same sluggish one way up and down, no smarts and/or creativity god stop defending somone who can only do one good thing, not in todays league or talent pool that is setting the stardard in winnig games/cups , ie caps, hawks, pitts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

he is almost an embarrement to the org, you look at someone that can skate and you look at him, hump back of notre dam god its a joke

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

When Lucic first came here he was trying his all out hardest to make a name for himself as a tough fighting young gun..Now, he has his money and is more concerned about his looks, his jewelry, and only fights once in a blue moon!

A BUM!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

I like the passion of Bruins' fans... but knee-jerk panic posts like this about Lucic are pathetic.  Let me see, the guy is the heart and soul of the team last year... he mixed things up and scored around 20 goals...   now that he has had an injury and is off his game people are screaming about how needs to be traded. 

I'd pay to see what these neurotic fantasy-league fans would do as GM of the team. No doubt they would make trades on a weekly basis like Phil Esposito did with the Rangers back in the 80s.  It wouldn't work, but boy would it make them feel as if they're doing something... anything...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

hey dustyisacat I have been a hockey referee for the last 35 years and I have had a surgery to repair broken bones in my ankle they put some metal plates and screws inside my body and removed them a year after and at 57  I think I can skate faster than Milan right now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

ok ok i ll lighten up on the fellow, just hope he is 100% so he can atleast skate faster.. ok next year lucic, i cant wait to you see you bang some more bodies the injure your self in a fight or the other way around : ))))

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Rocket,  more kudos on another excellent post.

I, too, sit in the Balcony and am equally repulsed by the people you so eloquently identified.

Its actually re-assuring to read your post and so many others from Bruins fans who don't pay to go to a Fight and watch a Hockey game break out.

I really believe we are the silent majority.

Look at all the teeth :)  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Gees i guess all you negative Lucic posters didn't read that Yzerman was considering him for team Canada. Yeah he is sh#tty player isn't he. I guess Yzerman knows nothing about hockey.

His problem has been lack of icetime supplied by Julien.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

If you can't appreciate what this kid brings to the game, you don't know hockey - and you sure as hell shouldn't be a Bruins fan
    There's not another one like him in the NHL, be happy he's on our side
    The control freak CJ needs to take the reigns off, and let him be who he was meant to be - Watch this video and learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKyq_JPsjXw

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

if i was yzerman i reconsider, seriously this guy does not deserver 4 min a year or whatever he got... i see him on the 4th line maybe 3rd line wing with limited ice time, when they need an emotional life : )))

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

BTW, apologies for the North Shore remark.  Thats home to the absolute most dedicated excellent hockey fans.   Unfortunately it has a disproportionate amount of the stereotypical slobs you described so well.

The North Shore is the Epicenter of Greater Boston Hockey....for better and (in  some cases) for worse

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Wow whats wrong with you guys.  He's only 21.  he'll be worth every penny .  He has had a severe high ankle sprain, which can take a year to heal.  He had a bad finger injury.  That may never be the same.  He said he couldn't fight until at least the new year.  I know its Feb now, but I'm sure he's not even close to 100%.  Give him a break, I'm sure he came back too early, just to try and help, and he's looked bad I know, but don't kill him for it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

i got one thing to say lucic doesnt have to go maybe pc should look at his coaches on the bench cause the system dont work this system couldnt work at high school level never mind nhl

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

JW, nice highlight, highlighted by 80% of fighting and hard hitting : ))) Could someone put up a youtube highlight of Sharwn Thorton

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

you guys are so stupid i cant even put it into words

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

yeah mrmike i agree with you too on that system gots to go too, dont work exposed and pridictable

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Well said Marc.Those idiots will be eating crow for years to come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i said at the beginning of the week julien is killing these kids that are suppose to be our cornerstones for years to come....i got killed myself for saying this then there 50 posts that half say lucic should be gone.....julien doesnt look at players as individuals, the talent they bring to the table & formulate a gameplan from that......you are goin to play the system the way the system is meant to be played.....lucics strongest part of the game is the forecheck,knocking people off the puck & making them know his presence is there everytime they go back to get the puck...that is not part of the system....these future cornerstones are not progressing under the great tuteludge of the great claude julien,its sickening & if you all want to live off juliens jack adams award from last year quit your bit**ing,lucics doin what hes told 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

to JWensink .....that was last year ...have you seen that Lucic this year ????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

All you people beg for passion, hits, fights etc.  Now you say his style is too wreckless and will only lead to more injuries.  Well which is it?  Lets' bring back Stumpel and Czerkawski.  That was fun.  He really had someone lined up when his skate caught that rut in the ice!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

By the way, I don't think it was Lucic who compared himself to Cam Neely, so lets' give that a rest.  Neely was my favorite Bruin of all time, but he was awful when he was Lucic's age!  Give the kid time and let him carve his own niche!

Sections
Shortcuts