Cant believe I would ever say this but : Lucic has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Re: Cant believe I would ever say this but : Lucic has to go

Okay not even close to awful, just frustrated with the Lucic bashing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

you know lucic is not the main issue here, 

i think its a combination of bigger issues, such as, system,/game plan, confidense, lack of urgency/intensity, no connection between players/line shuffling, too much pressure due to looming contracts... maybe there is drama in the locker room you never know .

so it dont even matter who comes here to help, they have to fix themselves of what they have here NOW before the help can help

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

no standleycup we havent seen lucic like that this year!  hes to busy peeling off to go form the fortress at center ice

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep, let's measure every player against one-a-year prodigies who "don't care about the money" but are a) getting paid around 9 mil in salary let alone endorsements and b) are the most public beachers about salary escrow.  At least let's compare apples to apples here and find another 4mil player who shows the talent and determination and physicality of your examples...GO!

No?  Nobody?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hey Stanley

You think Lucic would be used like this if Keenan or O'Reilly were coaching????
    N F W - Like I've said before the only guy in the NHL who can contain this kid is CLAUDE JULIEN -

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Ah, Marco, please go to hockeyfights.com.  What are you talking about?  Fighting has been on the rise for the last few years.  Its' not going anywhere.  I go to the games to watch my B's win in entertaining fashion, which hopefully involves crushing (clean ) hits and 2 or 3 great fights.  Preferably one involving Milan Lucic.  I wish they could score goals in the UFC, but that sport just hasn't evolved to that point just yet!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

its fans like you camOJ , that put us in this position, this style of hockey dont work , why not try something else just to see if it works..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

yeah how about lucic enters UFC, he will dominate, he will be the ove of ufc : )))

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

Rockett7 has said it best:

"Not to worry IF we get a top 10 pick out of this whole Toronto/Kessel Deal the individual will be run out of town in a matter of 3 years."

That is so true...no mater who they get/trade or draft they will trade away anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Hey stanleycuptothebruins, skate faster than Lucic at 57 . Give Chiarelli a call ($4million). Oh, you said a referee. Forget it maybe you can replace Kerry Fraser. He's retiring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Me thinks all of you are lost in space. The space between you ears.

So Lucic can't play anymore? Are you people serious? You want to get rid of him now!

Well, let me remind you. Vancouver went throught the same thing in 1985. A kid by the name of Cam Neely, in his third year, regressed a little bit, and the Canucks panicked, just like all of you. And dealt him to Boston, to appease their fans. What a great deal?

You'all are panicking just like the Canuck fans, and the Bruins fans benefitted.

Now you want to get rid of the closest thing we have ever had to Neely. Give me a break!

You'll all be crying in your beers if he's ever traded away and you see him lifting the Cup - and he will one day. And you'll be wailing that anyone who let him get away was out of their mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Bruins Fans 4eva and Marco.  What style are you talking about?  I said I enjoy hitting (clean), fighting (not goonery), and WINNING!!!!!!  The B's haven't had a goon in some time now and have not employed any such tactic since they had Baumgartner and Nazarov.  And I admit, that was awful.  This season the B's have been riddled with injuries (way more than any other team).  BooHoo I know, but the sad truth, not an excuse.  The style CJ implemented last year, did not garner, or warrant, for that matter, any complaints.  With that being said, I do wish he could adapt his game planning more accordingly.  And I wish PC would stop picking up two-bit has beens and spare parts to fill the voids.  Get St. Louis!  He falls right between Whitney and Kovalchuk.  And would cost us closer to Whitney, in terms of what we have to give up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

You are an idiot--- Lucic has been hurt most of the year and is being held back by the pathetic excuse for a head coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

You trade monkeys are too funny.  Try breaking your ankle and see how long it takes you to get into 100% game shape.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Moronic ....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

You Bruin fans are funny......

Lucic just signed for $4 million.  He's been injured a lot this season and probably won't be back to his belligerent self until after the break or possibly even next year.  Ankles are precarious injuries to recover from.  Hard to really push off and get leverage until it's 100% completely healed, which I doubt it is at this point.
    If anything you worry about him hurting it again...

Can't believe a number of you are willing to let this guy go.  Lucic is suffering the same ailment as the rest of the team, Julien Flu.....

P.S.  I don't think he's worth $4 million but GMs seem to like to give out lots of $$ early in young players careers to try and lock them up if they think they will be part of their core.

Also, Lucic is a great fighter and intimidating hitter; but please stop the comparisons to Neely.  Lucic will never come close to doing what Neely did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Right now, Lucic's skating is hampered by an injury that takes a particular toll on your skating.  I've seen several players say they'd have been better off breaking their ankles than getting high ankle sprains because broken ankles heal faster and recover strength more quickly.  Crosby had this last year and he was half the player he is this year.  Prior to the season, at Olympic development camp, reports on Lucic came back saying how well he kept up with the pace of the most dynamic hockey players in Canada.  So there's a difference between "can't skate at full tilt now" and "can't skate".  You also can't discount the guy's history of working his tail off to get better.  Yeah, some kid's flop after they get the cash, but his drive seems to be pretty deeply ingrained - he's not a kid floudering in a foreign culture who just wants to collect his big cheques and go back home.  And I'll reiterate - if you haven't seen the kid's instinct for turning a hit into a pass to his high-skill linemates in open ice or his still-developing skills around the net, you're the one blinded by the veneer of violence.  If the ankle heals, the only thing keeping Lucic from being a 30 goal scorer is the speed of his release.  If he ever learns the one-timer....

As for the Flyer-CCCP game - this isn't chess.  I'd love to see Kasparov play a chess match against Lucic where Lucic is allowed to try to check Kasparov every time he touches one of the pieces.  He'd never get a move in.  Challenging the opposition's will to play at a high level, making them think about how much the next hit will hurt rather than where they expect the trailer to be or whether they can hit that cross-crease pass, and taking the puck by force rather than guile - these are and should always be part of the game of hockey.  It would be just as boring to watch them play shinny as to watch a series of goon brawls.  Don't believe me watch the All-Star Game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

ok lets see next year bookboy and lucic lovers out there.  Let just wait til next year everyone seems to have an opinion/debate about his health or another excuse.... 

I am expecting 20 to 25  goals ok 30 to 35 assist ok and a plus.  so your looking at a 60 point season OK.  Is that fair to ask of a 4 milllion dollar player of his calibre, i think so

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seems more or less reasonable, and I'd say it's within the range he's shown - but if we're playing the "ok" game, and Lucic scores 18-28-46 but throws a pile of hits and changes the game night in and night out even when someone else actually registers the points, you gotta be willing to admit that the end result is more team goals and not Lucic points.  Fair enough?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

No he is being paid as 4 mil player meaning 50 t 60 point total ok NOT including the intanglebles.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Then I think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face because all you'er interested in is stats and salary. Plenty of players out there who put up that extra 2 points you want without any of the extras Lucic brings who get paid between 3.5-4.5, and plenty of GMs who would swap for Lucic straight up if you offered him for their 50 point perimeter scorer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

your right so you know what, he should get those #s and include intanglebles forget the minus a few points here and there if your saying he is that good... i dont see getting those #s and he doesnt bring much more than a thunderous hit here and there... Theres nothing else left for him to do....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

you know what i think he is almost done... if he goes to another org, he will be a nothing just another player struggling to stay on a team.. he is very lucky that he is in a bruins uniform, fans love players like him because boston fans dont know how to win in todays NHL... maybe back in the 70s or earlier years

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

you ever ask yourself whats 4 mil, you and me probaly wont see that kind of money for a long long time, right, thats alot of $$$.  

So if i was ML why even ask that kind of money for yourself, when you know you are only 1/2 not even 1/2 the player an Ove or a spezza , sharp, kane , crosby will ever be but yet your asking for almost that KIND of money...

He should look at krej and learn a little more on how to not over float your boat... He better take better look at himself in the mirror, he aint worth that kind of money.  btw, satan only makes 700K this year god i wonder whats this world coming too.. oh and satan is way better offensivly, way smarter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

i apologize for calling out ML hum back of notre dam, my bad

Sections
Shortcuts