Cap nightmare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Cap nightmare

Just looking over the cap number for next yr, dont get your hope up for an impact free agent

Resigning Wheeler (around 2.5) Begin (.900) Stuart (2.5) Boychuk (.900) Thornton (1.0)

Saying Goodbye to Paille, Sabotka, Ference

Promoting Hamill, Marchand, and Penner or another D prospect

is going to give us a cap hit of around 53 million roughly, i would imagine Chirelli would want to bring Derek Morris back as well since he is playing good hockey, he probably will cost about what he is making this yr(3.3) that will put us around 56 million

Not exactly the cap cusion we need to put us over the top

Any ideas?....couldnt fit Kovalchuk and his 9 million dollar cap hit under this cap

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Cap nightmare

The Bruins will have somewhere around $12Mil (see link below) to spend Ference will be gone anyway before the end of this season it's just Boychuk's time. PC will spend elsewhere next summer or trade this year to replace Morris. Meaning Morris will play out his contract he had is 1 year trial run I don't see him being brought back long term. Plenty of Morris type defenseman out there. Paille will be brought back long term at a very reasonable price too boot.

I also don't think either Ryder and/or Wideman will be here perhaps this year in order for PC to rent that sniper the Bruins will have to have come this spring.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5 The Bruins will be fine this summer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

we will be fine keep in mind we save around 800K from the savard deal. you want a salary cap clusterf**k, go see the blackhawks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I think Paille will be back but making a little less.  Thornton?  Well liked but not worth more than minimum salary. 

Sabotka, Ference and like Sandog said- probably Wides will not be back.

There is room to make a deal under the cap.  The B's are in dire need to get a scorer on Savvy's line.  Wheeler has talent but is not finishing as Savvy's wingman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Bruins near Future:
    -----------------------------------------
    - Wideman and Morris are the same hockey player. One will be gone.
    - Ference will be replaced with J. Boychuk.
    - Sobotka will take over Begin's spot at 4th line center.
    - Chiarelli always fills his needs. A premier scorer will be brought in, guaranteed.

- If Boston gets a top 3 pick from Toronto, I expect them to move for a premier scorer at the deadline, and toss Ryder, or Wheeler as part of the deal...maybe both if it's a big name. Neither fits into the core of Savard, Chara, Rask, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Cap nightmare:
    Bruins near Future: ----------------------------------------- - Wideman and Morris are the same hockey player. One will be gone. - Ference will be replaced with J. Boychuk. - Sobotka will take over Begin's spot at 4th line center. - Chiarelli always fills his needs. A premier scorer will be brought in, guaranteed. - If Boston gets a top 3 pick from Toronto, I expect them to move for a premier scorer at the deadline, and toss Ryder, or Wheeler as part of the deal...maybe both if it's a big name. Neither fits into the core of Savard, Chara, Rask, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic.
    Posted by dhitch

Dhitch-

I agree with your first 2 and last predictions but i'm not so sure about Sobotka.  He has been very inconsistent and he will be a RFA after this season.  The B's most likely will find someone to play for the minimum on that line. 

I don't think PC would or should extend Wheeler's deal unless it is cap friendly.  Right now, he does not deserve a big raise.  He's flashy but he is not finishing scoring chances even with the top playmaker in the game as his center.

Morris vs Wides =  Morris...  has been very consistent and reliable defensively.  Wides has all the talent in the world but is streaky and is having an awful season in his own end (latest gaffe last night's game winning goal)

In summary- there are some moves that need to be made but it is not a nightmare.  There is still some younger(lower $$) talent coming up to replace guys that are not producing this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins3. Show bruins3's posts

In Response to Re: Cap nightmare:
    The Bruins will have somewhere around $12Mil (see link below) to spend Ference will be gone anyway before the end of this season it's just Boychuk's time.

The Bruins will be fine this summer.

Posted by SanDogBrewin

This is what I was hoping for too... naaaaht gonna happen! What you see is what you get with this B's team.

Sections
Shortcuts