Cap Relief : Possibility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Cap Relief : Possibility

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5&salary_cap_mil=59&salary_cap_thou=4

Cap Geek says the Bruins are over ? Well at least we're not the Flames who are $2.3Mil over and still are not going anywhere because of the Sutters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Relief : Possibility:
    In Response to Re: Cap Relief : Possibility : We do need some type of cap relief.  If the Wheeler award is accepted, there is a little over $1.3M in cap space.  Seguin will probably come in at $900K so that $400K is not going to be enough to fill the last roster spot. 
    Posted by Raskman

I just thought of something.  That $400K isn't just for one roster.  I didn't take into account that Sturm's roster spot needs to be replaced as well.  That's not good.

So let's say for argument sake that Ryder or Savard gets dealt for picks and/or prospects.  That means we would mean about $4.4M for 3 roster spots.  That's still not a lot of wiggle room.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Relief : Possibility : I just thought of something.  That $400K isn't just for one roster.  I didn't take into account that Sturm's roster spot needs to be replaced as well.  That's not good. So let's say for argument sake that Ryder or Savard gets dealt for picks and/or prospects.  That means we would mean about $4.4M for 3 roster spots.  That's still not a lot of wiggle room.
    Posted by Raskman

I don't understand and I'm not being argumentative, I just don't understand.  Without Sturm we have 10 forwards, why do we need to fill another roster spot?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Relief : Possibility : I don't understand and I'm not being argumentative, I just don't understand.  Without Sturm we have 10 forwards, why do we need to fill another roster spot?
    Posted by BadHabitude

You have 23 roster spots.  I guess in theory you could carry less, but you limit your options.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Relief : Possibility : You have 23 roster spots.  I guess in theory you could carry less, but you limit your options.
    Posted by Raskman

Raskman, you have to carry 20, no more then 23, the bruins like to carry 21 with an extra d man.
    there is really no benefit to carrying extra players to not play them.  The extra spots are a luxury, when boychuk is "questionable" for a game its nice to have an extra body.

No point in carrying 23 guys so 2-3 guys can ride the pine..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Relief : Possibility : Raskman, you have to carry 20, no more then 23, the bruins like to carry 21 with an extra d man. there is really no benefit to carrying extra players to not play them.  The extra spots are a luxury, when boychuk is "questionable" for a game its nice to have an extra body. No point in carrying 23 guys so 2-3 guys can ride the pine..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

True, the Bruins rarely have healthy scratches hanging around. This is where having their farm club in Providence is a huge advantage. Players can be in Boston in an hour if there's an emergency.