Cap space vs Roster space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Cap space vs Roster space

Currently the Bruins have 53.2 million locked up on 16 players. They have 6.2 million to fill these spaces.

Lucic  Savard   Horton
    Ryder  Krejci  ????   
    Recchi  Bergeron  Seguin
    Thornton  ????   ????

Chara   Seidenberg
    Boychuck  Hunwick
    Ference ????
    ????

Thomas/ Rask

Try to fill the gaps and stay under the cap. You can also make 1 trade (be reasonable and think about both sides of the deal). Have fun with this guys and girls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Re: Cap space vs Roster space

Lucic  Savard   Horton
    Ryder  Krejci  Wheeler(1.75-2M)   
    Recchi  Bergeron  Seguin
    Thornton  Campbell(700K)  Paille(750K)

Chara   Seidenberg
    Boychuck  Hunwick
    Ference Stuart(1.75-2M)
    Mcquaid(600K)

Thomas/ Rask

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

currently the cap space is 5.540 m and with 5 spots to fill.(3 forward and 2 dman)Not enough to sign stuart, wheeler, campbell and whoever the other 2 spots.
    Its an ongoing delima being talked about here and thats why the rumours and reality of moving TT and or Savard. Dealing savard opens another spot.
    Sturm is qoestionable as to when he can play again, so to start i am certain it will be an entry level contract player replacing him. No easy solution. wheeler wont sign here for less that his 2.8, he will get that elsewhere easily,Stuart around the 2m should work, campbell a paycut, i doubt it.
    Last resort if they cant dump salary then bring in the entry level contracts from prov and go from there,
    Dont forget they need to sign seguin

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

I believe they qualified Wheeler and Stuart which means they have to make at minimum what they made last year.  So I think Wheeler sigh.. should make like 2.25 and stuart was 1.7 i believe so go from there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Cap space vs Roster space:
    GET RID OF RYDER!
    Posted by rockett7

Yes, I am certain they have let it be known hes available but no takers,why ? becuase PC would have to throw something else in the deal, then you have to replace that roster spot with a decent winger, whats that gonna cost ? or sure buy him out, they will save 2.8m and again thats what it would cost to replace him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

Lucic  Savard   Horton
    Ryder  Krejci  wheeler    
    Recchi  Bergeron  Seguin
    Thornton  Campbell   colbourne or marchand 

Chara   Seidenberg
    Boychuck  Hunwick
    Ference Stuart
    ????

Rask/ Thomas 

give one of the young guys a chance to make it on the team 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

Atlanta is talking about acquiring a forward to replace the production lost with Afinogenov leaving.  Send Ryder to Atlanta for 3rd/4th RD pick.  Afinogenov made 800K last season putting up 61 pts, plus he has speed which is what the B's need to back up the opposing defense in the neutral zone like they had with Kessel.  Bring back Paille for the PK and never....ever think of moving him off the 4th line.  Seguin will get the rookie max contract of 900K and have heavy bonuses probably totalling a contract of 3-3.5M.  Wheeler should resign for around 2M a year since his production was down and the 2.8 he made last year had bonus clauses in it from his first deal.  Bring back Stuart for around 2-2.5M and McQuaid for 750K and the team is set with about 1.5M in cap space that we'll need when Sturm comes back and his salary minus LTIR is back on the books.

FORWARDS
    Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)
    * Maxim Afinogenov ($1.750m) / David Krejci ($3.750m) / * Blake Wheeler ($2.000m)
    Mark Recchi ($1.700m) / Patrice Bergeron ($4.750m) / * Tyler Seguin ($3.500m)
    * Daniel Paille ($1.250m) / * Greg Campbell ($0.800m) / Shawn Thornton ($0.812m)
    DEFENSEMEN
    Zdeno Chara ($7.500m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)
    * Mark Stuart ($2.250m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m)
    Andrew Ference ($2.250m) / Matt Hunwick ($1.450m)
    * Adam McQuaid ($0.750m)
    GOALTENDERS
    Tuukka Rask ($1.250m) / Tim Thomas ($5.000m)
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
    (these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
    ROSTER: 21; CAP:$59.4m; PAYROLL: $58.703m; CAP ROOM: $1.397m BONUSES: $0.700m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Lucic  Savard   Horton                           Ryder  Krejci  ????   
    Recchi  Bergeron  ??????                        Thornton  ????   ????
    Chara   Seidenberg                               Boychuck  Hunwick
    Ference ????                                          ????
                                Thomas/ Rask
    We have 6.1M for 4 Fwd and 1 D plus 3.5M for injury reserve replacement for Sturm total 9.6M, but replacement will have to go when Sturm returns.

Seguin at max is 3.7m with .9 to cap and rest bonus leaving 8.7 or 5.2
    Wheeler at 2.5 leaves 6.2 or 2.7
    Alex at .730M    ----- 5.5 or 2M
    Colborne & Caron will fill roster leaving about 4-500K plus 3.5Sturm
    or Pail and Camp leaving 0$ or 3.5 Sturm.

There does not need to be any big movement for the cap right now and I am sure that Pc is aware but to add Stu and Wheel he will have to utilize the Long Term Injury and remove someone when Sturm comes back. That could possibly be Hunwick or Ference or even Sturm, Kess was dealt while on injury. Sav can be kept and should be unless valuable roster player is coming back.

Short term injuries replaced thru Prov would be covered easily by Sturm's contract if using EL players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/cap_calculator.php?Team=5

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Lucic  Savard   Horton Ryder  Krejci  Wheeler(1.75-2M)    Recchi  Bergeron  Seguin Thornton  Campbell(700K)  Paille(750K) Chara   Seidenberg Boychuck  Hunwick Ference Stuart(1.75-2M) Mcquaid(600K)  Thomas/ Rask
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Paille is making 1.35m and would take about 1.5 to qualify him.. stuart will be 2 or more,  campbell cap hit was 800k meaning were talking about 900k to qualify him...lets at least be realistic here..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GNPBruins. Show GNPBruins's posts

Easy trade Wheeler and his useless 6 foot 5 frame. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Lucic  Savard   Horton                           Ryder  Krejci  ????    Recchi  Bergeron  ??????                        Thornton  ????   ???? Chara   Seidenberg                               Boychuck  Hunwick Ference ????                                          ????                             Thomas/ Rask We have 6.1M for 4 Fwd and 1 D plus 3.5M for injury reserve replacement for Sturm total 9.6M, but replacement will have to go when Sturm returns. Seguin at max is 3.7m with .9 to cap and rest bonus leaving 8.7 or 5.2 Wheeler at 2.5 leaves 6.2 or 2.7 Alex at .730M    ----- 5.5 or 2M Colborne & Caron will fill roster leaving about 4-500K plus 3.5Sturm or Pail and Camp leaving 0$ or 3.5 Sturm. There does not need to be any big movement for the cap right now and I am sure that Pc is aware but to add Stu and Wheel he will have to utilize the Long Term Injury and remove someone when Sturm comes back. That could possibly be Hunwick or Ference or even Sturm, Kess was dealt while on injury. Sav can be kept and should be unless valuable roster player is coming back. Short term injuries replaced thru Prov would be covered easily by Sturm's contract if using EL players.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

No4-
    seguins entire cap hit (with bonuses will count)  meaning his cap figure will be 3.85.
    I would argue the bruins should indeed use the 10% cap cushion allotted for bonuses in his case (if he hits them we lose that money next year, meaning if he makes 3.7 and were 2 mill over our cap would come down to 57m next season, not 59) but I would argue with ryder and sturm coming off the books, and the hopeful development of other young players (caron, colborne, etc) we should have an easier time against the cap next season..

Sturms cap hit, we can only use the portion we realistically expect him to miss, when he clears we must be able to clear the space to put him back on the roster, i would hate to invest money in a scorer only to have to put him through waivers etc when sturm returns..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

To be noted Wheeler's salary was at 875K last year, I do not know nor has it been printed what Bonus's he has received.

Versteeg was overpaid at 3.083M for his 20G and 44Pts after coming off a 53 pt season.

Wheeler put up 21 and 45P and last year 18 and 38P, so his will be close to that of Versteeg who had career totals of 24G and 57P before his 3 yr 9M contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/archive/team.php?Team=5

The bonus calculator does not seem to be put into next year as it didn't last year nor from last year into this year.

I believed it was whatever you exceeded the cap bonus cushion in bonus's  that exceeded the cap payroll was what came off the following year?

I take Wheeler over Versteeg any day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/archive/team.php?Team=5 The bonus calculator does not seem to be put into next year as it didn't last year nor from last year into this year. I believed it was whatever you exceeded the cap bonus cushion in bonus's  that exceeded the cap payroll was what came off the following year? I take Wheeler over Versteeg any day.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

it shows it, it shows wheeler at 2.85 m, he only made 900k.. he didnt hit any bonuses i believe.. I know he had a 250k bonus at 20g and couldnt produce.. I would bring him back as long as he come in under his previous cap hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from grima23. Show grima23's posts

send ryder to the minors then his money comes off the books ???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

send ryder to the minors then his money comes off the books ???
    Posted by grima23

Jeremy Jacobs isn't going to pay $4M to have Ryder play in Providence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from grima23. Show grima23's posts

i know j j  will not do it but it would let us keep savy ,tell j j to just charge for mustard and relish to make up for it   oh wait lets not give him any ideas haha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

JJ will most certainly pay Ryder $4 million to play in Providence if need be.  It is the cost of doing business in the cap era.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Atlanta is talking about acquiring a forward to replace the production lost with Afinogenov leaving.  Send Ryder to Atlanta for 3rd/4th RD pick.  Afinogenov made 800K last season putting up 61 pts, plus he has speed which is what the B's need to back up the opposing defense in the neutral zone like they had with Kessel.  Bring back Paille for the PK and never....ever think of moving him off the 4th line.  Seguin will get the rookie max contract of 900K and have heavy bonuses probably totalling a contract of 3-3.5M.  Wheeler should resign for around 2M a year since his production was down and the 2.8 he made last year had bonus clauses in it from his first deal.  Bring back Stuart for around 2-2.5M and McQuaid for 750K and the team is set with about 1.5M in cap space that we'll need when Sturm comes back and his salary minus LTIR is back on the books. FORWARDS Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m) * Maxim Afinogenov ($1.750m) / David Krejci ($3.750m) / * Blake Wheeler ($2.000m) Mark Recchi ($1.700m) / Patrice Bergeron ($4.750m) / * Tyler Seguin ($3.500m) * Daniel Paille ($1.250m) / * Greg Campbell ($0.800m) / Shawn Thornton ($0.812m) DEFENSEMEN Zdeno Chara ($7.500m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) * Mark Stuart ($2.250m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m) Andrew Ference ($2.250m) / Matt Hunwick ($1.450m) * Adam McQuaid ($0.750m) GOALTENDERS Tuukka Rask ($1.250m) / Tim Thomas ($5.000m) CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion) ROSTER: 21; CAP: $59.4m; PAYROLL: $58.703m; CAP ROOM : $1.397m BONUSES : $0.700m
    Posted by stunner416

If atlanta is willing to take on ryder for 4m, why not just pony up the 2-3 and keep maxim?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

JJ will most certainly pay Ryder $4 million to play in Providence if need be.  It is the cost of doing business in the cap era.
    Posted by MeanE

Jeremy Jacobs does not pay people that kind of money and get nothing out of them in return.  Case in point, if he was that kind of owner then Julien would not be back this year.  The only reason he's back is because he just signed an extension and JJ does not want to pay Claude to sit at home.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

In Response to Re: Cap space vs Roster space : If atlanta is willing to take on ryder for 4m, why not just pony up the 2-3 and keep maxim?
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Afinogenov doesn't want to play in Atlanta anymore than you or I would.  That's why he only signed a one year deal and he's trying to parlay that into a 3-4 year deal worth 2-3M/year with a better franchise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ToughestOfAllTime. Show ToughestOfAllTime's posts

In Response to Re: Cap space vs Roster space : Afinogenov doesn't want to play in Atlanta anymore than you or I would.  That's why he only signed a one year deal and he's trying to parlay that into a 3-4 year deal worth 2-3M/year with a better franchise.
    Posted by stunner416

He'd be a great pickup for that kind of money. There's no substitute for that kind of speed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Claude is still with the Bruins because PC wants him as his coach.  Nothing to do with JJ.  JJ & the Bruins have already paid players and coaches money for nothing in return.  The fact of the matter is that JJ & the Bruins have paid out franchise record breaking salaries every year since the lock out, so it is time to stop the Jacobs bashing.  That excuse does not work anymore.  In fact, the man in charge of Business Ops & Hockey Ops is now Cam Neely!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think there is zero chance Wheeler will get 2.8+ mil a year, which is what his cap hit was last year...

1.75-2 mil for both Wheeler and Stuart is definitely reasonable for both sides...

Sections
Shortcuts