Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Cap Space

In Response to Re: Cap Space:
    In Response to Re: Cap Space : Marco can play on the PK.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

After coming back from his 2nd straight season ending knee injury??

I think all things considered if ryder is productive, I would rather send Sturm to providence till he is 100%, by then he may be able to come back with out moving anyone, who knows..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

First and foremost, the Bruins are a business and a business does not pay out $4mil just to create cap space. Chiarelli is still stinging from the Lewis fiasco, both operationally and also fiancially, so forget Ryder to Providence. Ryder will play out the year in Boston unless he is traded. As far as Sturm's cap effect, I thought I read that the B's get relief for Sturm's $3.5 while he is on IR, but, must adjust if and when Sturm returns. Interesting rumor from not so accurate EK.
    Posted by Bogie6

That is correct, but he will return and when he does the must create the space.. meaning at that time something will probably have to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Don`t worry folks, Bergeron and Caron returns to Montreal in a trade for Hal Gill and Glen Metropolit. Chiarelli will have plenty of cap space next year.

Anyways one thing is sure, Jacobs will not throw 4 million (Ryder) of his own money to Providence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Isn't moving Sturm to Providence to free up 3.5M in cap space a possibility? One would think that Ryder would be more productive in a full season with the B's then Sturm would be while missing 20-ish games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Finishing my last post, it's possible that we could see them demote Sturm and his 3.5M cap hit to Providence, and depending on how he performs in Providence (coming back from the injury) and how Ryder does in Boston in that time span, there could be a possible swap (Ryder to P and Sturm to B).

Personally, I'd take Ryder (who IMO will bounce back and have 22-26 goals or so) as opposed to Sturm's 14-15 or so while missing 20-ish games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Finishing my last post, it's possible that we could see them demote Sturm and his 3.5M cap hit to Providence, and depending on how he performs in Providence (coming back from the injury) and how Ryder does in Boston in that time span, there could be a possible swap (Ryder to P and Sturm to B). Personally, I'd take Ryder (who IMO will bounce back and have 22-26 goals or so) as opposed to Sturm's 14-15 or so while missing 20-ish games.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

When Sturm is cleared to play he can go to Providence for conditioning but it can't exceed 6 days or 3 games.  That won't tell you anything.  If you want to put Sturm in the minors for an extended length he would have to clear waivers before he goes.  If someone claims him...great.  If not and he goes down, you won't be able to bring him back without exposing him to re-entry waivers.  Therefore if someone claims him on the way back up we are on the hook for half his salary.  That could completely screw the cap and we'd still have Ryder. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clyde-Fitch. Show Clyde-Fitch's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : When Sturm is cleared to play he can go to Providence for conditioning but it can't exceed 6 days or 3 games.  That won't tell you anything.  If you want to put Sturm in the minors for an extended length he would have to clear waivers before he goes.  If someone claims him...great.  If not and he goes down, you won't be able to bring him back without exposing him to re-entry waivers.  Therefore if someone claims him on the way back up we are on the hook for half his salary.  That could completely screw the cap and we'd still have Ryder. 
    Posted by Raskman

Does Sturm still have his NMC?

Sturm will also have to pass a Bruins physical to return.  If he cant pass a physcal, the Bruins might be able to put in an insurance claim on him.  This would save JJ some cash.  We all know that JJ likes his $$$.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Does Sturm still have his NMC? Sturm will also have to pass a Bruins physical to return.  If he cant pass a physcal, the Bruins might be able to put in an insurance claim on him.  This would save JJ some cash.  We all know that JJ likes his $$$.
    Posted by Clyde-Fitch

He just has a NTC. 

If he can't pass a physical he wouldn't be coming off LTIR so that's a moot point.  Honestly, I don't care how much money JJ is saved.  The only thing that matters is cap space.  When he is cleared to play we are going to need to find the cap space for him to come back.  The one thing that I'm unclear on is if he HAS to come back.  I know that he's not allowed to rejoin the team until we are cap compliant, but what if we don't want him back?  At what point are we forced to do something?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : I'm going to guess it's more to keep overzealous fans from taking out contracts on the lives of players they perceive as Cap anchors.  Imagine if someone in Bruins management said "Basically, with Tim Thomas's contract on the books, we just can't find the room to sign Blake Wheeler.  It's unfortunate, but if we can't find a way to get Tim off the books, we'll have to let Blake go."  Stanley would attack Thomas like something out of Predators .  Pop his head right off with his bare hands.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Good one.  I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : He just has a NTC.  If he can't pass a physical he wouldn't be coming off LTIR so that's a moot point.  Honestly, I don't care how much money JJ is saved.  The only thing that matters is cap space.  When he is cleared to play we are going to need to find the cap space for him to come back.  The one thing that I'm unclear on is if he HAS to come back.  I know that he's not allowed to rejoin the team until we are cap compliant, but what if we don't want him back?  At what point are we forced to do something?
    Posted by Raskman

Marco Sturm is a consistent 20+ goal guy and is great on the PK.  There is no way the B's don't put him on the NHL roster the day he's available.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwnset22. Show dwnset22's posts

Even without a No Movement Clause, nothing short of a trade (or maybe death?) could remove Thomas' cap hit.  It's a 35+ contract.
    Posted by DrCC

It is not a 35+ contract that is why PC got the deal done when he did last year.He was 34 when the deal was signed. However with the No Movement Clause he can't be moved without his approval and that includes being waived, he could be bought out later this summer during the second buyout period, although that is unlikely to happen

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : It is not a 35+ contract that is why PC got the deal done when he did last year.He was 34 when the deal was signed. However with the No Movement Clause he can't be moved without his approval and that includes being waived, he could be bought out later this summer during the second buyout period, although that is unlikely to happen
    Posted by dwnset22

PC screwed up, got the rules wrong.  It is a 35+ contract.  Look it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : It is not a 35+ contract that is why PC got the deal done when he did last year.He was 34 when the deal was signed. However with the No Movement Clause he can't be moved without his approval and that includes being waived, he could be bought out later this summer during the second buyout period, although that is unlikely to happen
    Posted by dwnset22

You really think that?  Are you serious?  TT's contract is a 35+ contract.  It was reported shortly after the contract was signed that under the CBA rules TT was considered 35 for that contract.  The day the actual contact is signed means nothing.  It's the age the player will be when the contract goes into effect.  In TT's case...he was 35.  PC completely missed this and made himself look like an idiot by patting himself on the back during a radio show for the timing of the deal.

http://www.capgeek.com/rosters.php?team=5

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : You really think that?  Are you serious?  TT's contract is a 35+ contract.  It was reported shortly after the contract was signed that under the CBA rules TT was considered 35 for that contract.  The day the actual contact is signed means nothing.  It's the age the player will be when the contract goes into effect.  In TT's case...he was 35.  PC completely missed this and made himself look like an idiot by patting himself on the back during a radio show for the timing of the deal. http://www.capgeek.com/rosters.php?team=5
    Posted by Raskman

Quite the condecending tone for someone who is also incorrect.  Might want to do your research on 35+ contracts and the date of 6/30 before posting on this subject again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Quite the condecending tone for someone who is also incorrect.  Might want to do your research on 35+ contracts and the date of 6/30 before posting on this subject again.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Are you disputing that TT's contract is a 35+?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Are you disputing that TT's contract is a 35+?
    Posted by Raskman

Clearly not disputing the 35+ contract, I think it was more of a why rip into someone else when your take on it was inaccurate was well.  Its not the effective contract date of a player, its the sept 15th "birthday" that all players share.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

"All Player Salary and Bonuses earned in a League

Year by a Player who is in the second or later year

of a multi-year SPC which was signed when the

Player was age 35 or older (as of June 30 prior to

the League Year in which the SPC is to be

effective), but which Player is not on the Club's

Active Roster, Injured Reserve, Injured Non Roster

or Non Roster, and regardless of whether, or where,

the Player is playing, except to the extent the Player

is playing under his SPC in the minor leagues, in

which case only the Player Salary and Bonuses in

excess of $100,000 shall count towards the

calculation of Averaged Club Salary"

If I'm not mistaken, September 15th is for entry level players.  Everything in the CBA that references 35 year old is defined as that age as of June 30th.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

The reason that June 30th is important is that it the day that the previous year's contracts expire.  Therefore new contracts and free agency (if no extension is signed) goes into effect July 1st.  The CBA defines a 35 year old as of that day so it's clear the players age when they're potentially a free agent.  I still don't see where you think I was incorrect?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Quite the condecending tone for someone who is also incorrect.  Might want to do your research on 35+ contracts and the date of 6/30 before posting on this subject again.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Are you going to tell my why you think my assessment is incorrect?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Sturm is on Long Term Injured Reserve. His 3.5 mil doesn't affect the cap until he comes off which very well could be January February, converniently around the trade deadline. It's possible we buy out the last half of his season once he is healthy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Sturm is on Long Term Injured Reserve. His 3.5 mil doesn't affect the cap until he comes off which very well could be January February, converniently around the trade deadline. It's possible we buy out the last half of his season once he is healthy.
    Posted by McKodiak5

You can't.  There is only a couple of buyout periods in the summer and since he will/was hurt for both we are unable to buy him out.  Not that PC would've done that to begin with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Are you going to tell my why you think my assessment is incorrect?
    Posted by Raskman

You said it was determined by age when the contract takes effect.  That's wrong.  It matters if the player is 35 on 6/30.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : You said it was determined by age when the contract takes effect.  That's wrong.  It matters if the player is 35 on 6/30.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's the same thing.  The age you are ending June 30th is the same age you are when the contract goes into effect on July 1st. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : It's the same thing.  The age you are ending June 30th is the same age you are when the contract goes into effect on July 1st. 
    Posted by Raskman

Not if the deal is signed mid-season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : It's the same thing.  The age you are ending June 30th is the same age you are when the contract goes into effect on July 1st. 
    Posted by Raskman

yeah I found that when I looked after.. so not sure it sounds like one in the same unless you were a july 1 bday I guess

Sections
Shortcuts