Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Cap Space

In Response to Re: Cap Space:
    In Response to Re: Cap Space : Not if the deal is signed mid-season.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

What are you talking about?  How would a mid-season deal differ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : What are you talking about?  How would a mid-season deal differ?
    Posted by Raskman

A free agent 34 year old signs a three year deal on February 2nd.

On April 28th, he turns 35.

On June 30th, he's 35.

35+ contract that went into effect on February 2nd.

The contract went into effect when he was 34.  It is considered a 35+ contract because he was 35 on 6/30.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : A free agent 34 year old signs a three year deal on February 2nd. On April 28th, he turns 35. On June 30th, he's 35. 35+ contract that went into effect on February 2nd. The contract went into effect when he was 34.  It is considered a 35+ contract because he was 35 on 6/30.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

A) That wasn't what we were talking about.

B) I disagree with that example.  Not that a 34 year old UFA that is signed mid-season would get a multi-year deal, but since this free agent doesn't have a SPC to play out and expire, his deal would take effect when he signs.  He isn't signing an extension.

Just admit you spoke before you thought it through and apologize.  Geez...what a pointless debate. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : A) That wasn't what we were talking about. B) I disagree with that example.  Not that a 34 year old UFA that is signed mid-season would get a multi-year deal, but since this free agent doesn't have a SPC to play out and expire, his deal would take effect when he signs.  He isn't signing an extension. Just admit you spoke before you thought it through and apologize.  Geez...what a pointless debate. 
    Posted by Raskman

Your statement, " It's the age the player will be when the contract goes into effect" is incorrect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Your statement, " It's the age the player will be when the contract goes into effect" is incorrect.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Whatever.  I thought you'd be the bigger man, but I guess not.  I admit when I'm wrong and in this case I'm not.  You're splitting hairs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Whatever.  I thought you'd be the bigger man, but I guess not.  I admit when I'm wrong and in this case I'm not.  You're splitting hairs.
    Posted by Raskman

Is your statement correct, or is it incorrect, as I stated originally?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Cap Space : Is your statement correct, or is it incorrect, as I stated originally?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's the same thing.  The age you are ending the 30th is the age you are starting the 1st with your new contract.  It's up to interpretation. 

The only thing I yield is that I probably should have said "extension" rather then "contract".  I can see where that can be confusing.  My apologies.

Sections
Shortcuts