Capitals: I'm jumping ship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Capitals: I'm jumping ship

Looks like Theodore is gonna sieve in the series. Count me as one wishing his troubles continue.

The difficult thing would be giving the Rangers momentum. I know the Rangers have trouble scoring goals, but on the other end, Henrik Lundqvist is a hell of a good goalie. After watching Anaheim ride Giguere to the finals a few years ago during his playoff MVP run, i'm wondering what you all think of trading the capitals for a hot rangers team?

Is this a situation of 'be careful what you wish for'?

I know I'm looking pastthe bruins montreal series, but since i don't play for the bruins, It hardly matters if i'm focused on the big picture.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Capitals: I'm jumping ship

Id much rather play the Rangers, the Capitals give us all kinds of problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PianosAreFun. Show PianosAreFun's posts

Let's see how the rest of this series plays out.  If the Caps lose the series because Lundqvist is stealing games from them, I'd be nervous to meet the Rangers in the second round, but if the Caps demise is the result of shakey goaltending on their part, I'm not so concerned.

Lundqvist, as good as he was yesterday, still gave up three goals.  Theodore's soft goals were a bigger factor in determining that outcome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see how the rest of this series plays out.  If the Caps lose the series because Lundqvist is stealing games from them, I'd be nervous to meet the Rangers in the second round, but if the Caps demise is the result of shakey goaltending on their part, I'm not so concerned.[/QUOTE]

actually, you are right on.
    that is totally reasonable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

The series is far from over .... Both teams are tough , Washington had the B's running around and the wins over the Rangers were 1-0 games....

All that being said , Montreal will be a difficult series. Their pp is very good, and I m not sold on Price's inability. If the B's get passed Montreal, they'll be able to beat any team in the east.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hey Ols,  I did predict Rangers to beat Caps.
    Anyhow, I'm siked on tonites game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't think it's possible for the Capitals to be the 2nd round opponent for Boston , if both teams win. Aren't they seeded 1-2?

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought the only way the top two seeds could play each other is in the Conference Finals.

So if people are looking ahead to the Conference Finals and a meeting with Washington, we've got a long ways to go before that happens. So does Washington.

Let's take each series as it comes, the Bruins are eventually going to have to face more than one tough team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Ols,  I did predict Rangers to beat Caps. Anyhow, I'm siked on tonites game.
    Posted by HabsHaterBRPC[/QUOTE]

lol if you are right, give yourself a pat on the back for being in the 1% of people who realized that theodore was a bigger problem than acknowledged

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it's possible for the Capitals to be the 2nd round opponent for Boston , if both teams win. Aren't they seeded 1-2? Correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought the only way the top two seeds could play each other is in the Conference Finals. So if people are looking ahead to the Conference Finals and a meeting with Washington, we've got a long ways to go before that happens. So does Washington. Let's take each series as it comes, the Bruins are eventually going to have to face more than one tough team.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Zilla, i understand that perspective, and as a fan i demand that players have that mindset. It is the only rational one you can have that keeps you focused on the task at hand.

Being a fan though, i don't think it makes a bit of difference for me to look for potential bumps in the road. I'm going to be dissapointed anyways if they lose before the stanley cup, i defiantely won't be upset that my predictions didn't come true.

Speculation is a bonus you get when you hang up the skates and I intend to enjoy it. Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Can't write the Caps off just yet. Theodore did not play well. I suspect their 2nd game will be better. Now if they lose again @ home, then I'll give the advantage to the Blue shirts. And yes, if the Rangers do manage to oust the Caps, it will give them a boost......and their goalie Lundquist.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Zilla, i understand that perspective, and as a fan i demand that players have that mindset. It is the only rational one you can have that keeps you focused on the task at hand. Being a fan though, i don't think it makes a bit of difference for me to look for potential bumps in the road. I'm going to be dissapointed anyways if they lose before the stanley cup, i defiantely won't be upset that my predictions didn't come true. Speculation is a bonus you get when you hang up the skates and I intend to enjoy it.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Understood, but the Stanley Cup playoffs are one bump in the road after another. And sometimes the team you under-estimate is the team that bites you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Bump.

Shutout for Henrik Lundqvist, 35 saves. Beating the rangers is going to be very difficult. Count me as one that doesn't want to see them in the next round.

If we beat montreal, won't that mean we play the Rangers assuming both teams advance?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

Olsonic: If the B's and Rangers both advance, they will meet in the 2nd round regardless of how the other series play out. There are other possibilities, like if Washington comes back to beat the Rangers, Pitt beats Philly and Carolina beats Jersey the Bruins would play the Canes. I know this is all speculation and there are other possible scenarios, but it is fun to think of potential opponents. That said, let the B's take care of business with Mtl and go from there; if they continue to play like they did in Game 2, they will not have to worry about who they will be playing.

GO BLACK AND GOLD- BRUINSWEENEY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like Theodore is gonna sieve in the series. Count me as one wishing his troubles continue. The difficult thing would be giving the Rangers momentum. I know the Rangers have trouble scoring goals, but on the other end, Henrik Lundqvist is a hell of a good goalie. After watching Anaheim ride Giguere to the finals a few years ago during his playoff MVP run, i'm wondering what you all think of trading the capitals for a hot rangers team? Is this a situation of 'be careful what you wish for'? I know I'm looking pastthe bruins montreal series, but since i don't play for the bruins, It hardly matters if i'm focused on the big picture.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

I agree with KrazieJoe I do not want to see the Caps! But for some reason "call me crazy" I don't think that series is over.

I will agree with you on this Olsonic. I am already thinking about the next series. The Bs are going to roll even without Lucic for 1 or 2 games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]The series is far from over .... Both teams are tough , Washington had the B's running around and the wins over the Rangers were 1-0 games.... All that being said , Montreal will be a difficult series. Their pp is very good, and I m not sold on Price's inability. If the B's get passed Montreal, they'll be able to beat any team in the east.
    Posted by MTLBRUINFAN[/QUOTE]

Home cooking will not help Montreal nor the Rangers! Washington will not go quietly that series is not over.

Montreal cannot deal with Boston rolling out 4 lines even with out Lucic out for possibly 2 games. Now Bouillon is probably out for Montreal.

and I don't care if Markov is wheeled out. The Habs are one and done!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Lundqvist can't keep shutting out the Caps. This series is not over. I thought the backup for the Caps played very well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Thanks for the info bruinsweeney

[QUOTE]Lundqvist can't keep shutting out the Caps. This series is not over. I thought the backup for the Caps played very well.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point blue, the backup did play very well. It is certainly a great way to start a career for him, because he is expected to fail, anything positive he does will be a bonus considering how terrible theodore was in game 1 and predicted to go for the rest of the series.

Should be interesting now that the caps are facing a must win in game 3 on the road. That is gonna be a great game to watch