Caps - Bruins Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Caps - Bruins Prediction

In Response to Caps - Bruins Prediction:
    Bruins win 4-3....Sequin gets another goal and an assist.....TT gets first star.... Go B's Go !!!
    Posted by Stuke50

If TT allows 3 goals he won't get 1st star unless he has 40-50 shots. Not saying I agree with it, but rarely does a goalie get 1st star if he allows more than 2. So lets say the B's win 3-2. I actually hope that Wheeler & Bergeron get some points. Would also like to see them get some goals from the defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

tough back to back against caps..look for a split....tank is our no. one in my books but give rask the start tomorrow....lets see how he reacts under pressure..not sold on him at all...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Bruins take both games, .. Mke Green will be out of the lineup it looks like and Chara will shutdown Alex the Not so Great again ... rack up 4 points.. Look for Bergy to get off the shnide...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Hard to tell.  The Caps have been rolling after a loss in their season opener.  Bruce Boudreau will try to exploit the Bruins' third D pair at home, so whoever is in goal will have to be sharp.  I could live with a split of the two games, and would be very happy with a pair of wins. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

I predict we lose in OT or shootout tonight, and win back in Boston.  I'll take a split whichever way it falls.  This should be a matchup between the top two teams in the east, and hopefully the B's step up to the challenge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

As long as Ryder, Chara and Boychuck come to play tonight the team should take both these games. If not at least a 1-0-1 split with a SO/OT loss tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Mike Green2010-10-17questionable for Tuesday's game against Bostonstinger
    Tom Poti2010-10-17questionable for Tuesday's game against Bostonlower body
    if these two are out of wash lineup  i,ll give the bruins a win tonight  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

In Response to Re: Caps - Bruins Prediction:
    Mike Green 2010-10-17 questionable for Tuesday's game against Boston stinger Tom Poti 2010-10-17 questionable for Tuesday's game against Boston lower body if these two are out of wash lineup  i,ll give the bruins a win tonight  
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Very nice. Thats there 1-2 d i dont even know the names of any of there other D.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Caps havent exactly been "rolling" in my opinion.  They lost the opener to a young, rebuilding team in Atlanta (who will probably make the playoffs), then blew out the Devils (who svck right now), beat the Sens who svck in OT 3-2, beat the young, rebuilding Islanders 2-1 and then beat the Preds 3-2 in OT.  Yes, theyve won 4 in a row, 1 blow-out over a crap team, 2 in OT and a 2-1 vs. a young team.  Not exactly "rolling" in my book.

Bruins have a good a chance to beat them as anyone.  Bruins have a lot of depth and its only a matter of time before it comes together (3 games so far hasnt show me much) and tonight could be the night.  Caps have been struggling to score against teams they should be posting 4+ goals against.  Caps dont look good right now.

Bruins take it 4-2.....Bergeron, Krejci, Horton, Chara get the goals and assists by everyone including Ryder and Seguin.

or Caps win 3-2 in OT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

To me, it isn't so much how Washington has been playing as that they are Washington.  They just seem to give the Bruins fits.
    I think I will go with ... 3-3 OT tonight (and from there a toss-up as to who wins) and Washington Thursday, hopefully 2-1 or something like that, and not 5-1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

Bruins take both games, .. Mke Green will be out of the lineup it looks like and Chara will shutdown Alex the Not so Great again ... rack up 4 points.. Look for Bergy to get off the shnide...
    Posted by cowboys9

Lets not forget the Crapials had the best home record in the league last year,Its a hard place to win in....I will be at the game rooting for the B's...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Lets also not forget that 12 of those home games were against divisional rivals in the weakest division in the league. Last season walking away with 10 wins out of 12 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I look at these next 2 games as the earliest real benchmark in the season.

first game - God knows what happened there.  2nd game you might say the Coyotes caught the same disease as Bruins in 1st game.  Devils have been hurting and Broduer showing his age.

Yes, Caps are struggling some and a couple of key guys might be out of the lineup, but Bruins are missing Savard and Sturm.

Next 2 games are a real test.

And again, it's not the score that matters, but the play.  I say they are entitled to 'x' many clunker games per season.  First game counted as 3 clunkers, because they were not prepared and had something to prove after last year's playoff defeat.

I go nuts seeing them unprepard for games as they did in game 1.  It was the story last year.  If CJ can't get the team motivated to show up, he's just gotta get canned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

Lets also not forget that 12 of those home games were against divisional rivals in the weakest division in the league. Last season walking away with 10 wins out of 12 games.
    Posted by captainbergeron

yes they had 2 out of their 5 regulation home losses vs a weak division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

I predict 0-0 before the puck is dropped.

Afterwards, who knows. The Caps always play us tough. This is one of those games where we see just how good, or bad, we are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The Bs certainly need TT to be as sharp in this game as was the 1st 2, if he is then the Bs can carry that momentum and get a win tonight. As mentioned above the caps will try and exploit the weakest part of the D tonight, that being Hunwick and Ferrence,,I hope there not paired together. Up front seguin can use his speed to give the caps D fits if green and poti are out.
    Bs win 3-1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I just pray they don't play like they did against them early-mid last season.

fwiw, I'm with you BadHab, between catching NJ at a bad time and the next 2 games...these are indeed pretty good barometer games...for so early in the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bruins need to call up Zach Hamill for tonight - he was Kryptonite for the Capitals in his one game last year!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

FYI: the 7:30 EST game (against WAS) is being shown on Versus tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

I say Ovechkin runs every D after slow dump in's....the B's get bottled up in their own zone quite a bit w/ Washington coached up to read the constant D-to-D puck movement Boston seems to love to do regardless of what the play has to offer....McGratton dresses @ home to establish order & let Ovechkin know its not okay to run every Boston player, espeically the D when in that awful prone position of going back to collect dump ins....!! 

Lose tonight 4-2 w/ empty netter.....win 3-1 at home w/ the penalty boxes full all night!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BRUINS in S/O   3-2

Game winning goal : Tyler Seguin

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

As long as TT doesn't let any Semin goals from outside the blueline the B's have a chance .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I predict Chara cant match Ovie who will run wild.  I am predicting a 5-2 Capital win.  But could see the Bruins trapping like crazy and keeping it close.  No way the Bruins score more than 3 so should they keep it tight a 3-2 win isnt out of the question depending if they jump on Washingtons Def which is slim shady as of now. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

The capitals will have another 110-120 point regular season and crumble like they always do come playoff time. They are the new sharks of the NHL. Oh and Ovechkin is a cheap shot artist

Sections
Shortcuts