Caps Going After Volchenkov

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Caps Going After Volchenkov

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=322478

No way would I pay 5 mill for this guy. He is as tough as a $2 dollar steak but not worth 5 mill. There is going to be no money left for Semin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Re: Caps Going After Volchenkov

Bruins fans should care why?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

soups,

Semin is already signed and the Caps have a lot of big contracts coming off the books.  If they sign Volchenkov they still would have room to sign another UFA(possibly a goalie). 

They have about 13-15 million to spend...and Volchenkov isn't worth 5 million...but he could be the diference in them winning b/c they have no shut down dmen...Green/Schultz  Alzner/Carlson Poti/Volchenkov   Thats a pretty solid 6...especially when 2 are rookies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Re: Caps Going After Volchenkov / Save our Money For Marleau

I think we should join the July 1st money parade, we should go after Marleau big time. He should be a bruin from the Thornton trade anyway. Demote Ryder to a season in the Dunk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

soups,

I would like him as well...he played well throughout the playoffs and could be a nice fit with Savy....but we simply don't have 7 million...and he is gonna command that could likely will get it from SJ or Toronto...in fact if I were a betting man I would say he signs with the Leafs or possibly the Rangers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Doesn't this report amount to tampering?  If this was the NBA someone would've been fined already.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Marleau will go to the Kings, if anywhere. Won't have to uproot his entire life. Although I can picture the Devils making a run at him, they will be desperate, especially with Kovy leaving for the KHL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Caps Going After Volchenkov:
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=322478 No way would I pay 5 mill for this guy. He is as tough as a $2 dollar steak but not worth 5 mill. There is going to be no money left for Semin.
    Posted by soups-7

I think that that TSN link for this story expired. Here's one from the Ottawa Sun, from where TSN based this story from:

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/05/22/14049491.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As much as I think he's the best shot blocker on the planet. There's no way his body can take much more of it! His luck is going to run out & with the way the Caps play that wide open style. He's going to be putting his body in harms way even more. NO WAY in hell would I be willing to pay this guy $5mill. I'll be surprised if he last half a season with the Caps b4 he gets hurt.