Carl Sodenberg not done yet!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Carl Sodenberg not done yet!

In Response to Re: Carl Sodenberg not done yet!:
    Don't know what to say, but where is the source of the rumor other than Hockey News' (saw it a month ago and laughed) Future Watch.  I think it was a statement only, I really don't see him in NA.  
    Posted by islamorada

Ok then. Guess you know more than the Asst GM of the Bruin's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup, been to Sweden many times... more than him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lol!Worst put down ever: Hey kid, why don't you go be a doctor! In Sweden.Posted by Bookboy007

Yah I don't think I'd mind being a gynecologist in Sweden. Victoria Silvstedt comes marching through the door "Doc I have this problem."....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yup, been to Sweden many times... more than him.
    Posted by islamorada

Ok so you've been to Sweden. And you spoke to Carl Soderberg yourself? More than Jim Benning? And he told you he won't be coming to NA, but told Jim Benning he is once he feels 100% healthy? So, Jim Benning talks to the Hockey News & says a lie. Instead of just talking about another prospect? HMMM....I think I'll take the word of the longest printed hockey magazine word over yours. Thx for coming out!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Sodenberg not done yet! : Ok so you've been to Sweden. And you spoke to Carl Soderberg yourself? More than Jim Benning? And he told you he won't be coming to NA, but told Jim Benning he is once he feels 100% healthy? So, Jim Benning talks to the Hockey News & says a lie. Instead of just talking about another prospect? HMMM....I think I'll take the word of the longest printed hockey magazine word over yours. Thx for coming out!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Soderberg has said he was coming before and then changed his mind.  He does not want to play in the AHL and will not come until he is sure he is ready.  He is not worth arguing about, we all hope he comes but history indicates you can not take his word on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanJohnthan. Show StanJohnthan's posts

In Response to Carl Sodenberg not done yet!:
    We could have another great center. According to the lastest Hockey News. Sodenberg is coming to NA for the 10-11 season. Which means we could have another chip to use via in a trade. Either with him or another prospect, but this kid apparently has loads of skill & strong on the puck. He's a natural center, but has finish. Maybe he could go wing with Savvy?
    Posted by nitemare-38

And here's a link that says he's not coming over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rivve. Show rivve's posts

In Response to Carl Sodenberg not done yet!:

I am from Sweden and Im a big bruins fan.
    Unfortunately I dont think this guy will ever leave Sweden.
    He is sort of the person that wont leave his family......
    I also doubt he is good enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Sodenberg not done yet! : Ok so you've been to Sweden. And you spoke to Carl Soderberg yourself? More than Jim Benning? And he told you he won't be coming to NA, but told Jim Benning he is once he feels 100% healthy? So, Jim Benning talks to the Hockey News & says a lie. Instead of just talking about another prospect? HMMM....I think I'll take the word of the longest printed hockey magazine word over yours. Thx for coming out!
    Posted by nitemare-38

My friend, my source is a GM of a team in the second tier of the Swedish League.  He happens to be my brother in law.  Now he does not talk to Sodenberg, but, he is in the hockey community in Sweden.  I will take his word on Sodenberg and Swedish culture even over Mr. Benning.  

Now I have subscribed to the THN for thirty years, I respect the magazine.  So, hope my brother in law is wrong.  " Thx for coming out " means what?  I think I have been polite in these circles.  Oh well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Sodenberg not done yet! : My friend, my source is a GM of a team in the second tier of the Swedish League.  He happens to be my brother in law.  Now he does not talk to Sodenberg, but, he is in the hockey community in Sweden.  I will take his word on Sodenberg and Swedish culture even over Mr. Benning.   Now I have subscribed to the THN for thirty years, I respect the magazine.   So, hope my brother in law is wrong.  " Thx for coming out " means what?  I think I have been polite in these circles.  Oh well. 
    Posted by islamorada

OK good for you. Look, all I did was report what I read from the most respected hockey magazine on the planet! If Mr. Benning thought Soderberg was lying, why would he say anything at all? Why wouldn't he just tell Loftus to write about another player & put him in that 5th spot. Geez, I didn't make it up. I took what the hockey news said for it's word & said we MAY have another card to play, or a winger for Savvy. Nothing more or nothing less.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Carl Sodenberg not done yet! :  And here's a link that says he's not coming over. http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11978/bruins_european_prospects200910_review/
    Posted by StanJohnthan

You called me a loser for not providing a link. I didn't because you can't with the hockey news. Not on active issues anyway. So, I proved I wasn't BSing anyone & didn't make the shite up. The proper thing for you to do is apologize & admit you were wrong for calling me a liar & loser. We're fans of the same team here & I was posting on a legit writing. And said it would be nice to have another card to play, or a winger for Savvy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is getting all semantic.  nightmare-38, thanks for putting up the text.  When I read it, I read that last statement as islamorada does - it's not in the quote from Benning, so it's a line from Loftus.  Benning doesn't sound hopeful to me - "he told us he'd come over and play, so we're just waiting for that."  All that stuff between the two of you re: who knows more about Sweden should be shuffled off under the rug, because I'm pretty sure its how we're interpreting the info in and after that quotation that matters.

As for Stan, he called you out and you came through.  Posting a conflicting report doesn't invalidate what you've posted, but I wouldn't expect anyone to apologize around here.  I think most of us can figure this part out.

Can't we all just...get along.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This is getting all semantic.  nightmare-38, thanks for putting up the text.  When I read it, I read that last statement as islamorada does - it's not in the quote from Benning, so it's a line from Loftus.  Benning doesn't sound hopeful to me - "he told us he'd come over and play, so we're just waiting for that."  All that stuff between the two of you re: who knows more about Sweden should be shuffled off under the rug, because I'm pretty sure its how we're interpreting the info in and after that quotation that matters. As for Stan, he called you out and you came through.  Posting a conflicting report doesn't invalidate what you've posted, but I wouldn't expect anyone to apologize around here.  I think most of us can figure this part out. Can't we all just...get along.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Fair enough. Thank You!

Sections
Shortcuts