Carl Soderberg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Carl Soderberg

Anyone know what this guy's status is? where he's playing this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EwaK. Show EwaK's posts

Re: Carl Soderberg

He has no interest in playing in the States. For what it's worth....I heard that from a friend of a friend of his Swedish coach. He's soft. But never say never. He might when he grows up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

He's shown no intention of leaving Sweden.  He's cozy there.  Whatever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I believe there was fraudulent activity in this trade.
    The Blues got a few games out of Hannu, but I don't believe that Soderberg ever intended to play in the NHL or North America.  Soderberg said he needed conditioning/seasoning in Sweden rather than playing in the AHL and its quite apparent now that he is going to stay in Sweden.  This was a total fraud.  Bruins would have been better off getting a future or former last round pick for Hannu.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

he'd never fill PJ's boots

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig10. Show bigvig10's posts

I've heard that unless he's guaranteed to be on the roster, he doesn't want to come out here to camp, etc.  I'd full expect that next year when the cap goes way down, he'll be in the Bruins lineup.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Soderberg:
    [QUOTE]I've watched him very closely he's already better than PJ this is one guy you would love to have in your line-up. H'es bona fide NHL
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

let me enlighten everyone, imafan hates everyone on the bruins payroll, loves everyone that is not

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]I've watched him very closely he's already better than PJ this is one guy you would love to have in your line-up. H'es bona fide NHL
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

I've heard that about him as well. Will we ever see it who knows!? I would like to see the Bs get something out of the Hannu trade. We still have his rights so possibly next year. Thomas and Rasks agent are based out of Sweden "Get to work!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

How/where have you watched him?  I can find this on u-tube, and it's about the only thing I found and it's from 6/2007.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teB30WRN5wY

Some sweet moves, yes, but I is not the Swedish elite league, it's the league below that, 2 of those goals came when Soderberberg stole the puck off a defensemen who was the last guy back, and was handling the puck too much.  My high school coach would have benched someone who did that.

Next, his stats, the elite league stats from his team last year;
      Carl Soderberg   1985-10-12 22 C 45 18 41 59 26          
      Jonas Hoglund   1972-08-29 36 L 35 24 12 36 16  

Second leading scorer on his team is Jonas Hoglund who played for Montreal and Toronto, he scored 29 goals one year in the NHL in 1999, he's 37 years old and his productivity is about 1 pt per game and change, and Soderberg is just a little bit better.

Please explain, I am not seeing this guy as a bona fide NHLer from where I sit.  I don't see anything that tells me his productivity would be anything more than 10 goals in a full NHL season at best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1378755. Show user_1378755's posts

We'll never see this guy play, same as Zinovjev.  If a guy isn't willing to earn a spot and have it handed to him instead, then forget him.  What a baby.

Sections
Shortcuts