Caron/Colborne/Alexandrov

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

Re: Caron/Colborne/Alexandrov

In Response to Re: Caron/Colborne/Alexandrov:
    Colborne and Denver lost last night in WCHA semis they'll still get a bye in the first round but if the Pioneers get upset I say bring big Joe and throw him ina few games. The B's did it in 92' with Juneau, Hienze and Donato when they swept the Habs.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

One  big issue I see with this callup. Bruins do no have Ray Bourque or Cam Neely in the dressing room to help these players adjust. I also believe that Dave Poulin was on the team not to mention Reggie Lemilin. This current team has only one veteran I trust with these young kids, Mark Recchi. If Aaron Ward were still on the team I would trust him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

The B's also brought up Bryan Smolinski. And Wesley still s&cks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=342374&id_partie=20935

Anyone see the playoff game between our young guns last night ?

G  A   P
    Caron, Jordan       2  1   3

Sauvé, Maxime     1  1   2

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Colborne's Stat Line

GP G A PTS PPG PPA PPP GWG
    38 21 19  40  10  10  20   8

A nice stat line....especially like the power play and game winning stats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Colborne's Stat Line GP G A PTS PPG PPA PPP GWG 38 21 19  40  10  10  20   8 A nice stat line....especially like the power play and game winning stats.
    Posted by TuukkainNet
    And most of his points came in the back half of the season. He was getting checking line duty for the first 25 games or so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=342374&id_partie=20937

Caron and Sauve still battling in the Q playoffs one of them will join Colborne in Providence very soon hopefully.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

New Update on Alexandrov:

Yuri Alexandrov, D - Severstal Cherepovets (KHL)
    6'1, 179 pounds
    2nd round, 37th overall, 2006

While Boston’s NHL defensemen have not been overly impressive this season, Yuri Alexandrov’s play should help ease concern over the position. After suffering an injury that forced him to miss almost half of his team’s games last year, Alexandrov recovered nicely to have a positive end to the year, and his stellar play carried over into the 2009-10 season. He led all Severstal defensemen in time on ice with 19:43 per game, and he had the most points with 21 (6 goals and 15 assists). He also boasted the best plus/minus rating among defensemen with a +4, and that was on a non-playoff team. The key for Alexandrov’s development this year was staying healthy, and he did just that, playing in all 56 games. He has quickly emerged as one of the top young defensemen in the KHL with his ability to play in all situations, whether it be running a power play or simply playing a strong defensive game. Alexandrov has the upside of a top-four NHL defenseman someday fairly soon. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Good observation Notex, Try to consider Wheeler's numbers in college and compare those to Colborne's to start with that's where I would start comparing.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

All I can say is Joe Nieuwedyk!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Caron's Rouyn-Noranda defeated Sauve's Val-d'Or last night in QMJHL playoffs so perhaps Maxime will join Colborne in Providence quickly. Baby B's could use a shot in the arm not playing to well as of late.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

As far as Alexandrov is concerned he hasn't felt ready until this last season when he came over for the summer workout, he has also been under contract in the KHL.  When his season ends I believe his contract is up and I truly believe he feels he is ready to contribute.  Remember none of these KHL guys want to play AHL hockey.  They feel the KHL is better and it NHL or nothing.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

He is not coming over till next season.

And it had nothing to do with his readiness, or whether he felt his was ready.  Everyone has acknowledged that had he come over, he would have ben in the Bruins top 4 on the blueline this season.  He has been NHL ready for 2 years now.  FAR and away the Bruins most NHL ready prospect. He didnt come over because he was honoring his contract and couldnt get out of it regardless.

Caron and Coulborne are not close to being NHL ready.  Not by a longshot.  Coulborne isnt even the best forward on his Denver team.

Later

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

In Response to Re: Caron/Colborne/Alexandrov : And most of his points came in the back half of the season. He was getting checking line duty for the first 25 games or so.
    Posted by pauly1

No he wasnt.

He started the season on the 1st line.  Dropped to the second line for 12-14 games and then went back to the top line.  He did NOT get checking line duty.

He has played with Rakhshani or Ruegsegger all season.

WOW.  How do you all come up with this stuff?

Later

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

Colborne's Stat Line GP G A PTS PPG PPA PPP GWG 38 21 19  40  10  10  20   8 A nice stat line....especially like the power play and game winning stats.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

You do realize that the average size of the d-men that he played against all season is about 6' 190.  That is SMALL, SMALL, SMALL!

Thats probably the SMALLEST d-man he will face in the NHL. 

Plus, none of the teams he played against in the NCAA play physical hockey, right?  In the AHL, he will play truly physical hockey for the first time in his life. And even at Denver, he was VERY timid.

He has a decent lengthed learning curve ahead of him. He needs to get used to physical hockey, the speed of the pro game and playing against bigger/stronger/faster opponents.

That will take time.

At least one full AHL season, and quite likely 1 1/2 to 2 AHL seasons.

Later

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Alexandrov nhl ready at 6'1, 179 ? not likely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/04/02/p-bruins-premier-night-for-three-prospects/

Nice Colborne assists on both Sauve goals tonight good stuff!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=11194745&an=0910&v=v2&typ=pyf&seasonSubType=&report=PlayersLeadersGeneral

Caron leading the 2010 QMJHL playoff scoring so far this year as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Alexanderov is still signed to his Russian team through the end of whatever their year is. Hopefully he really does want to play in the NHL, he is one of the best skaters I've seen. I hope he's signed to a NHL/AHL contract the day he's available from Russia.

I think if one of these kids gets brought up for the NHL playoffs it's because Bruins management believe the Bruins can go far in the playoffs and feel they need this extra punch in there. I might be wrong but I don't think they're looking in this direction. Caron might be going to a Memorial cup and might be hard for the Bruins to $natch him away from his Junior team and nor does the Bruins management want to impede his progress this way. This is a big learning experience for a young kid like him. Many of you have brought up Alexandrov ,  how can we bring this guy in ?  If it were just signing him why hasn't it been done yet ?  Oneway deal ? Colborne ,  has shown major progress although don't think he can just jump into the NHL this year.  There's a wide gap between college and NHL but with good conditioning I think he can be ready next season. Sauve ,  I can see this kid playing on a 3rd line,  great skater and for his size hits well. I know he was hurt , is he back ? Just talking about these guys rejuvenates my interests.
    Posted by BsLegion

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Caron/Colborne/Alexandrov : No he wasnt. He started the season on the 1st line.  Dropped to the second line for 12-14 games and then went back to the top line.  He did NOT get checking line duty. He has played with Rakhshani or Ruegsegger all season. WOW.  How do you all come up with this stuff? Later
    Posted by JefffromMaine
    He got a ton of power play duty with those 2 all year, but early on he did not see regular duty on the top line until somewhere around mid season. You would know that if you ckecked the game stats after every game he played (like I did).

He even made the comment at mid season that since being moved up to the top line those players made him look good. I'm guessing you didn't know that either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That's about the same size as Wheeler, and we see how often he get's tossed around. Hopefully Colbourne will add 15 more by September.

If Colborne was draft eligible this year I wonder where he would be projected?  He has had an incredible season considering he started the season off with a hand injury.  The B's told him at the start of the season that they wanted him to work on scoring and be more aggressive....looks like he listened and is answering their request.  Don't forget this kid has NHL size already....6'5 210...and can skate.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That's about the same size as Hunwick or Ference, and it should be noted those numbers have stayed the same for two years, I suspect they haven't been updated.

His skaing ability is immense.

Alexandrov nhl ready at 6'1, 179 ? not likely.
    Posted by john6345

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Caron/Colborne/Alexandrov :  Caron and Coulborne are not close to being NHL ready.  Not by a longshot.  Coulborne isnt even the best forward on his Denver team. Later
    Posted by JefffromMaine

Yes and Milan Lucic was 2 years away when he was drafted in the second round but some how ended up playng for the Bruins.  These are big skilled players we are talking about and we will not know where they stand until we see them at training camp next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

This idea was ridiculed in the other thread(sports radio).  I don't think the downside is that bad(1 year of service).  I want to see the team do well now!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AAmico. Show AAmico's posts

I saw Colborne Sauve and Kampfer all play last night vs. the Portland Pirates.

Colborne is looking good, but will need a year of seasononing.  He will remind you of Wheeler when you see him skate.  They basically look like they are at the same point in their development, which is a good thing for Colborne. 
    Didn't really notice Sauve on the ice.  Nothing to report.

Kampfer is a fantastic skater.  His deicsions with the puck are strong and accurate.  I don't see any reason he doesn't get a shot at NHL duty next season, just a really strong skater with quick easy decisions with the puck.  He is smallish for a D-man, but it doesn't take anything away from his ability.

Sections
Shortcuts