Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Caron

If you check any of my discussions about the prospects, i have been saying for quite awhile that Caron will make this team this yr, and its looking even better as of now.

This kid is another bergeron in the making except hes a winger. 3rd line at the worse, but eventually be a 2nd liner

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Caron

He should make the team but I am a little worried about the numbers game.  Seguin does not look ready to be an NHL center, so unless Wheeler moves to center or we more a winger there is no room.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

wally
    that looks like a fair assement while sav is injured, but after that, he probably cant stick (numbers) or more precisely, cap.. with out some major moves..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't follow people's predictions very closely, and no offense, but I think everyone who follows this team expected Caron to have a real good shot this year.

I think he should start as the 3rd line RW.  Then when Savard and/or Sturm come back the Bruins will have some tough decisions to make.  He could be sent down, but so could Ryder and you can almost expect that somebody else will be injured as the year goes on (knock on wood).

I think he'll stick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Numbers wise Caron looks good with his entry level contract and if it comes down to Jordan or Michael ? Ryder needs to be sent down. If both Sturm (already will be) and Savard (real possibility) are on LTIR then it is a no brainer have fun down at the Dunk Michael.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Caron:
    Numbers wise Caron looks good with his entry level contract and if it comes down to Jordan or Michael ? Ryder needs to be sent down. If both Sturm (already will be) and Savard (real possibility) are on LTIR then it is a no brainer have fun down at the Dunk Michael.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

ryder was tied for 3rd in goals on a team that struggled to score, in  ayear that was statistically horrible for him.  No way he starts the season in providence for untested rookies, caron could play great, an earn spot but I wouldnt expect 20-30 goals from him..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

“But I’ll learn from the playoffs, the things that I did a little different, maybe try to do a little more in the regular season, like getting prepared and stuff like that. It’s a lot easier to get motivated for games in the playoffs than the regular season sometimes.”

"When a player who’s expected to put 20 to 25 goals on the score sheet falls short and talks about tough luck, hitting posts and getting robbed by goaltenders, you can be confident that a little more hard work will pay off in another season. But when a player admits he finds it difficult to get motivated 82 times out of 365 days in the year, that’s a problem that might not be fixable."

Your boy Ryder is a B U M!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not sure which Caron you're referring to here.  If you're referring to Jordan Caron, the player who wore #38 in recent pre-season games, I suggest you review the tape again.  This kid is absolutely not NHL ready.  He's timid with the puck, out of position constantly, and is in serious need of AHL work before becoming an NHL player (hopefully).

He's a big kid and he was drafted high.  That doesn't make him an NHLer. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tape ? Who watches tape ? No one! but then again maybe you do in between staring out the window. Never said Jordan should play because he was drafted high per the usual pulled that out of your a z z now that is misinformation. Caron is more confident with the puck than Ryder and Seguin put together. You go back n watch I already have.

Was hoping you got a job but who would have you ? No one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d21a95fdc3c4e624912604863d6dfb1e&plckUserId=d21a95fdc3c4e624912604863d6dfb1e" target="_parent">SanDogBrewin  that was well said.
    Caron has played better than any other rookie and some seasoned veterans, hes a typical bruin who can do it all. he is another bergeron except the fact hes a winger, dont be surprised if he plays along side with bergeron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanFromMontreal. Show BruinsFanFromMontreal's posts

I agree with NAS.

although Caron has the frame for NHL.. i dont think he's ready yet.  I saw him here in Montreal, although JULIEN praised him, I did not see anything particular, just that he played his position well.

As for Seguin, needs to beef up.

But we're going to have a good blend of prospects and veterans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I must be blind, as I have not seen what is so good about Caron.  IMHO he is a younger Steve Begin.  Someone that Claude falls in love with because he plays positional hockey, nothing flashy.  I have said it before, he is average at everything; skating, scoring, checking, and defense.  However, he is not above average at anything.  I was more impressed with Spooner and Sauve this camp.  I have seen some even predict that this kid will win ROY, I hope I am wrong, but I am just not as impressed as others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I must be blind, as I have not seen what is so good about Caron.  IMHO he is a younger Steve Begin.  Someone that Claude falls in love with because he plays positional hockey, nothing flashy.  I have said it before, he is average at everything; skating, scoring, checking, and defense.  However, he is not above average at anything.  I was more impressed with Spooner and Sauve this camp.  I have seen some even predict that this kid will win ROY, I hope I am wrong, but I am just not as impressed as others.
    Posted by MeanE

No offense, but it appears you don't understand the nuances of the game. Spooner and Sauve are fast and flashy, and the average fan will certainly notice them. Caron does the little, subtle things right, things that coaches look for, especially in younger players, as it indicates intelligence, knowledge of the game, and hockey sense. Positioning, protecting the puck, picking up his man on the backcheck, stepping into a passing lane. He's also versatile - he can score goals, but he can also play a solid defensive game. Add in the fact that he's a big, strong guy, and it's pretty impressive to see that sort of package in a rookie.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Posted by MeanE

I think your correct here in a lo of ways, Caron is not flashy, hes not a speedster.. Begin isn't the right comparision, but keep in mind he's not a bad hockey player.. Carons got more size, more offensize tempo.. I don't project him as high as many on this board do, I see him as a top 9 winger, cusping on top 6..

But he is closer to being NHL ready at this point, possibly more then any other prosepct..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm not sure which Caron you're referring to here.  If you're referring to Jordan Caron, the player who wore #38 in recent pre-season games, I suggest you review the tape again.  This kid is absolutely not NHL ready.  He's timid with the puck, out of position constantly, and is in serious need of AHL work before becoming an NHL player (hopefully). He's a big kid and he was drafted high.  That doesn't make him an NHLer. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's pre-season and kind of hard evaluate when he's not playing on the same line with 2 NHLers. Julien seems to think he has what it takes based on what he had to say about him . I'm no coach and will have to go with what Julien saw. Maybe I'm reading between the lines too much.
    Today in the NHL most teams (cap era ) have rookies coming in before they are really ready. Stamkos is a good example,  his first 20 games looked really out of place.On the otherhand Duchene,  while had modest training camp (debatable) last season , had a pretty good regular season and the Avs profited by not sending him back to Juniors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Duinne - I do understand the nuances of the game.  In saying that, the Bruins were the lowest scoring team in the league last year.  Two of their best offensive players are on LTIR.  I understand that Horton will pick up some of the slack in that department.  However, scoring help will be needed by others.  Can Caron provide that? I don't know, maybe.  Can he provide the speed that was lacking last year with the departure of Kessel?  I don't think so.  The only thing that I hear about Caron is that he is "strong on the puck".  This is the new "hard to play against" motto that PC and Claude have come up with.  This team has enough guys that are good to very good 2-way players.  I feel that they need to add speed and scoring, something that I believe is better accomplished with Sauve.  Claude loves the "conservative" players.  I think that the B's need to mix in a few "aggressive" risk takers to the mix.  Don't get me wrong, I like Caron, just not as much as he is being hyped.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Duinne - I do understand the nuances of the game.  In saying that, the Bruins were the lowest scoring team in the league last year.  Two of their best offensive players are on LTIR.  I understand that Horton will pick up some of the slack in that department.  However, scoring help will be needed by others.  Can Caron provide that? I don't know, maybe.  Can he provide the speed that was lacking last year with the departure of Kessel?  I don't think so.  The only thing that I hear about Caron is that he is "strong on the puck".  This is the new "hard to play against" motto that PC and Claude have come up with.  This team has enough guys that are good to very good 2-way players.  I feel that they need to add speed and scoring, something that I believe is better accomplished with Sauve.  Claude loves the "conservative" players.  I think that the B's need to mix in a few "aggressive" risk takers to the mix.  Don't get me wrong, I like Caron, just not as much as he is being hyped.
    Posted by MeanE

Do you mean, Byron Bitz strong on the puck, 1st line wing???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Posted by MeanE

He can score, I have no doubt about that. The three goals he scored in the rookie game were perfect examples of how he'll go about it.

1. A lovely tip of an outside shot. Caron was set up in front of the goalie, and you'll see him doing that a lot, a la Tomas Holmstrom or Mark Recchi. He's got a big, solid body, and he's unafraid of contact.

2. At the corner of the net, on a perfect cross-slot feed from Seguin on the PP. Again, at the net, ready to cash in on passes and rebounds. He's going to collect a lot of garbage goals.

3. An empty-netter, but he set up the goal with a good play at his own blue line, blocking a pass attempt and stealing the puck. Very Bergeron-like. That's the player he reminds me of the most -- Bergeron. Strong, fearless, good positioning, a nose for the puck and a nose for the net. He's not the fastest skater in the world, but then neither is Patrice. 

I like Sauve, but he's raw. His best asset is his speed, but he needs to learn more about the game and gain more experience.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

With the latest departures to Providence, it appears that both Seguin and Caron will be on the Bruins. Assuming that Wheeler will transition to center, let's postulate on the possibles. Lucic/Kreji/Horton; Seguin/Bergeron/Recchi; Paille/Wheeler/Caron; McGratton/Campbell/Thornton.  It's still possible that Ryder could skate with Wheeler, but Caron's experience is as a right wing, so maybe Ryder has played out his string.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Caron : He can score, I have no doubt about that. The three goals he scored in the rookie game were perfect examples of how he'll go about it.
    Posted by duinne

Nice to see him do well against other rookies.  In the exihibition game, his positioning was very poor and he was about as useful as McGrattan.

People are all up on this kid's jock, but so far, he hasn't done anything.  He was almost invisible in July and was awful against Florida.  I know, I know.  That doesn't mean he won't or doesn't or whatever.  All it shows me is that right now he's not an NHL player.  Unless lightning strikes for him, even if he starts with the big club, he'll be a Providence player for the majority of this season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Caron : Nice to see him do well against other rookies.  In the exihibition game, his positioning was very poor and he was about as useful as McGrattan. People are all up on this kid's jock, but so far, he hasn't done anything.  He was almost invisible in July and was awful against Florida.  I know, I know.  That doesn't mean he won't or doesn't or whatever.  All it shows me is that right now he's not an NHL player.  Unless lightning strikes for him, even if he starts with the big club, he'll be a Providence player for the majority of this season.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You're probably right. But, what is wrong with having him stick around for a while? If he works out -great. If he doesn't work out, a little taste of the big time should be good motivation for him in Providence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The truth is everyone has an opinion, I watched him in the world juniors and i saw a 2 way, responsible, effective player, he was told to not worry about his offensive skills and work on his 2 way skills in which he did a fine job. Coming to the rookies game he showed both, stepping up into the more nhl calibre exhibition games, he has played the more defensive role in keeping with the CJ system. He has done a better job than any other prospects including seguin, PC like him, CJ likes him so I guess they have the final say, but im betting he gets on a line with bergeron and recchi which opens the door for a better offensive line there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

The truth is everyone has an opinion, I watched him in the world juniors and i saw a 2 way, responsible, effective player, he was told to not worry about his offensive skills and work on his 2 way skills in which he did a fine job. Coming to the rookies game he showed both, stepping up into the more nhl calibre exhibition games, he has played the more defensive role in keeping with the CJ system. He has done a better job than any other prospects including seguin, PC like him, CJ likes him so I guess they have the final say, but im betting he gets on a line with bergeron and recchi which opens the door for a better offensive line there.
    Posted by wallydouglas

I watched him in the WJC too and was impressed, especially at the fact that he played such a different role.

Went to the game last night and paid special attention to Caron in light of this thread and I have to say he looked very solid. I like him with Bergeron (he reminds me a lot of Bergy, as you said previously) and Recchi; he doesn't look out of place at all. Julien was right in saying that an observer would take him for a veteran. No rookie panic, no confusion, no indecisiveness. He did everything with a purpose, threw some solid checks, made some good passes (one, in which he passed the puck between his legs and bounced it off the boads to a breaking Bergeron, made me laugh with glee) and was a pest around the Washington net. He was one of the few highlights of the evening.

He also played on the PK, partnered with Bergeron, and again looked strong and comfortable. I hope they keep him in that role and keep Recchi fresher for the PP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Caron : I watched him in the WJC too and was impressed, especially at the fact that he played such a different role. Went to the game last night and paid special attention to Caron in light of this thread and I have to say he looked very solid. I like him with Bergeron (he reminds me a lot of Bergy, as you said previously) and Recchi; he doesn't look out of place at all. Julien was right in saying that an observer would take him for a veteran. No rookie panic, no confusion, no indecisiveness. He did everything with a purpose, threw some solid checks, made some good passes (one, in which he passed the puck between his legs and bounced it off the boads to a breaking Bergeron, made me laugh with glee) and was a pest around the Washington net. He was one of the few highlights of the evening. He also played on the PK, partnered with Bergeron, and again looked strong and comfortable. I hope they keep him in that role and keep Recchi fresher for the PP.
    Posted by duinne

This is very encouraging, and helpful, duinne.  Thanks.  We may have another Bergeron in the making.....let's hope so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

duinne,  remind you in what way of Bergeron.. very different player and Bergy had good hands then and still now.  Caron while I aslo find he's doing all the little things right does not handle the puck as Bergy did .
    He was good in the WJC on a line with that kid that also played in Q that was drafted by Jersey but now traded to Thrashers in that deal for Kovalchuk,  his name escapes me.  I really really liked the way the cycled and forechecked that whole tournament.
    I also like the way Bergy has been teamed up with being his mentor. Obviously the language issue helps.
    I think he`ll do well and will be difficult sending him down once some of the injured return. 

Sections
Shortcuts