CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin.

I was looking over the Bruins' roster when it suddenly dawned on me that Chiarelli earlier in the year mentioned that he believed Joe could be ready to make the jump depending on his progress. It's not out of the realm of possibility to think that Peter along with the staff believe that Colborne will excel at center while Seguin may emerge as a playmaking-sniper.

I cannot blame them for their assumption. I mean, how often do you come across a 6'5", 198lbs, explosive magician at the pivot? Thorton, Getzlaf, and Stall come to mind in comparison. Assuming he does break camp with the big club i would not be at all surprised if he is paired with fellow rookie phenom Seguin  and veteran Mark Recchi.

This is just speculation on my part, but one that may have some legs to it come September.

Side NOTE: Everyone should start ordering their Jordan Caron jerseys. I have a feeling this kid is going to be a stud. Watching him last year in camp i was amazed at his work ethic. He showed so much maturation and was clearly the strongest prospect on the ice. It was men amongst boys on drills down low and in the corners, he was an absolute beast. I believe he is a mold between Scott Hartnell and Mike Kunuble who is going to be your top agitator and pop in around 25g a year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin.

I couldnt agree more xenimus , I certainly think Caron makes the team this year, as you said he the most mature prospect, the games I watched him play he was the best defensive forward and this kid does have good offensive skills.
    Joe, I hope is ready, E1 wonders why sabotka was traded and possibly savard, theres part of the reason, Seguin and Colborne.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

didnt coloborne stink it up in providence at the end of the year. i think he had 2 assists in his first game then fizzled ou t after. i hope your right but i dont see him having an impact this year, maybe next year, im excited about max sauve to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

To add fuel, Julien said something about the team being younger this year.  So far, only Seguin represents the youth movement.  I think they are counting on some rookies making the team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin.:
    didnt coloborne stink it up in providence at the end of the year. i think he had 2 assists in his first game then fizzled ou t after. i hope your right but i dont see him having an impact this year, maybe next year, im excited about max sauve to.
    Posted by SpJay76

Joe played a total of 6 games for providence. He had a good 1st game with his new team as you said, but I wouldn't call 5 games games, either average or bad a reason to say that he fizzled out. I believe Suave had 2 goals in his 1st game and nothing in his final 4.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

just my opinion, the only one of the three that makes the squad is Seguin....  he may already be the most dangerous offensive player the b's possess if you consider both goalscoring and playmaking abilty....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think Caron and Alexandrov have the best chances of making the squad outside of Seguin.  I think it would be best for Colborne to get a full year down in Providence with a few call ups if playing well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Cetainly bodes well for the 2011/2012 seaon when a bunch of high end contracts  expire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Colborne will probably need to adjust from playing 40 or so games a season to 70 plus games a season. It would be better for his development to do that at Providence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One thing is for sure X is that Chiarelli wants some of his draft picks to finally make an impact that's probably why we didn't see the aggressive moves we wanted. I have to think teams were probably asking for Caron or Colborne in proposals.

I agree with TuukkainNet Caron makes the team out of camp. I also say Hamill should not go back to Providence just throw him in there allot more with better talent in pre season to see what he can do. What is another year in down at the Dunk going to do ? I say nothing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's really funny that people are saying that Caron will make the B's next season but Colborne won't...as if there is anything at all to base these statements upon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The Bs have only have 9 roster players signed from last yr with paiile wheeler and campbell unsigned rfa (sturm is questionable so could be 8),if there resigned makes 11 leaving a spot for seguin hamill, marchand,caron and maybe colborne. so depends on what they do with wheeler and paiile.
    On the D they have chara. seids,boychuk, ferrence and hunwick signed,
    stuart unsigned and a rfa along with mcquaid and possible alexandrov can move in (entry level contract), The Bs need to make something happen on the D, the forward lists will pan out and ll of this depends on who they think is ready or who will be a surprise in training camp. Theres no urgent need right now to get the prospects in until they get closure on either TT or Savard or anyone else there shopping. Its safe to say the Bs will make another move or 2 because im certain they want stuart, wheeler and campbell back in but theres that cap room problem again. According to capgeek they have 4.7 m right now with 5 to 6 spots to fill yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS, it's all just speculation and opinion just like yourself. We can quote all the articles we've read, or footage we've watched on Youtube that back out opinions or don't but in the end, it's all just our opinion.  My opinion is based on the glut at center and that there's no rush to bring Colborne along. It seems logical to let him find his game rather than have him sit on the bench in a Bruins uniform. He needs ice time and lots of it and that includes PP, PK, and see where he shines.  Caron plays a man's game. He adds just what PC said he was looking for in the off season. toughness, grit and character. My only fear about him is CJ looking at him as only a grinder and not letting other aspects of his game grow. kid seems to play an all around game, but i guess we won't know for sure until he's playing for the big club.
    Posted by Davidorr

Caron has played a man's game...against boys.  Doesn't it seem logical to let him find his game as well?  I hate the idea of either of them playing on Boston's fourth line, but there really isn't room on the top three.  Good thing Mark Recchi was re-signed!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think it's really funny that people are saying that Caron will make the B's next season but Colborne won't...as if there is anything at all to base these statements upon.Posted by Not-A-Shot

If anyone on the is discussion board showed you links where Scouts, current players, former players, Cam Neely etc. were saying they thinks Caron or Colborne will make the team this fall. You'd turnaround and say "So" for the sake of winning the argument. You would also say "why aren't you a scout then ?"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin. : Caron has played a man's game...against boys.  Doesn't it seem logical to let him find his game as well?  I hate the idea of either of them playing on Boston's fourth line, but there really isn't room on the top three.  Good thing Mark Recchi was re-signed!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I think Caron is going to end up on the fourth line anyway.  That's the role he played for Canada at the WJHC, and he did it really well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin. : I think Caron is going to end up on the fourth line anyway.  That's the role he played for Canada at the WJHC, and he did it really well. Posted by scooter244

I say he ends up there or with Bergy and Recchi on the 3rd line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

"I think Caron is going to end up on the fourth line anyway.  That's the role he played for Canada at the WJHC, and he did it really well."

neither of these kids will be kept to play on a fourth line....  the only rookie i see playing fourth-line mins is Marchand, who if he learns to stay away from the penalty box could develop into a useful player....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

not a chance caron or colbourne are on opening night roster...unless 10 forwards or so all get hurt we wont see them 2 until 2011 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I sure HOPE Colborne and Caron both play in Providence this year.  Let them play top 6 minutes there for the year and then pencil them in for 2011-12.  Wheeler made the team out of college and was a non factor after 50 games.  If you look at the numbers, Colborne put up better numbers in college than Wheeler did but I don't want the B's to ruin or slow this kid's development.  I see Marchand playing the whole season with the B's as a 4th line and PK guy but that's the only young guy other than Seguin.  The B's re-signed too many guys to leave openings for rookies.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Recchi, but good grief, from October to February last season his game was pretty hard to watch. He looked slooow and ninety percent of the posts on here were just about that. Great character guy but it was time to say thanks and enjoy the gold watch.
    Posted by Davidorr

Yes slow, but what I liked was his battle with Pronger early in the Philly series.  He took the extra penalty but what a great message that sent to everybody else. Hey, his game is park on front of the net and get the tip in or garbage rebound.  You don't need a lot of speed for that.  And don't say anybody can do that becasuse if it was that easy, everyone would.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think Caron and Alexandrov have the best chances of making the squad outside of Seguin.  I think it would be best for Colborne to get a full year down in Providence with a few call ups if playing well.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I agree with Tuukka, first of all, there isn't really a spot for either Colborne or Caron unless they outplay Seguin for his, or PC doesn't sign Campbell or Paille...

Secondly, there's no harm in giving him a full year in Providence, and there very well could be harm in sending him straight to the B's if he is not ready...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin. : I agree with Tuukka, first of all, there isn't really a spot for either Colborne or Caron unless they outplay Seguin for his, or PC doesn't sign Campbell or Paille...
    Posted by mannyortez3424

I have to disagree, there is a spot for at least one, theres only 9 forwards under contract minus sturm to begin is 8, even if they signed wheeler, paille and campbell, that makes 11 until sturm comes back, i think Caron pushes for that 12th spot, but again the Bs need to clear some cap space because signing wheeler will take half of whats left, (4.7) or more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: CAUTION: This may be all about Colborne, less about Seguin. : Scooter, I wouldn't say anybody could do that because you're right, if they could they would. Recchi's game picked up in the post season, but I don't think he was much of a factor before then. 
    Posted by Davidorr

I would take last years 20 goals given his salary.  If we get that again this year then it's a good signing, I don't care what he looks like scoring them!!   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Chiarelli told the Herald that the B's fourth-round pick, Craig Cunningham, is "ready to turn pro." He might be worth watching.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Assuming Savard and Wheeler are dealt, Sturm is out, Begin / Satan are not re-signed, and obviously the recent Sobotka deal:

Bergeron
    Krejci
    Lucic
    Recchi
    Seguin
    Campbell
    Horton
    Ryder
    Marchand

That's 9 "healthy" roster forwards entering camp. In theory theres 3-open spots, 2-rookie vacancies and one via-trade. This leaves the door open for Caron and Colborne and possibly Hamill. I still believe that theres a possibility that they un-load Ryder for a backup goaltender (if TT is moved).

Lucic-Bergeron-Gange
    Caron-Krejci-Horton
    Recchi-Colborne-Seguin
    Marchand-Campbell-Thorton

That's just an example, did not even give it much thought.  But the lineup is going to look very different come September.

By the way, there's something that tells me to keep Wheeler, even for a one year $2mill deal. Although he had an awful year i cannot dismiss his natural talent. He's 6'5", skates like the wind, very good dangler, just needs to mature a little bit and make less mistakes. The kid is only 23, i'd hate to see him go somewhere and explode for 35g and 70-points. If he goes, then so be it, but i have a weird feeling he will have a bounce-back year.