Celebrity Bruins Fans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Celebrity Bruins Fans?

In keeping with my Hockey Songs post... Gord Downey (lead singer of the Tragically Hip) is a big Bruins fan.  I also just finished watching season four of Rescue Me and I know Dennis Leary is a huge Bruins fan.  Is Matt Damon a fan? What about Ben Affleck?  Anyway its just a fun post to lighten things up....just curious which celebrities wear the Black and Gold!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Re: Celebrity Bruins Fans?

If Ben Affleck is, it's probably because he just followed Matt Damon by accident.  Don't forget the Dropkick Murphy's & Adam Sandler.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviola877. Show sviola877's posts

I say it every time I watch the Office,  Steve Carell is a Big Bruins fan, they interviewed him in LA when the Bruins played them in 07, and the color commentator made sure to underscore that Carell is a Bruins fan.  And you can't forget Michael J Fox, I watch him score a goal in a charity game wearing a Bruins jersey in Buffalo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviola877. Show sviola877's posts

Oh and Gord Downey has to be a Bruins fan, his godfather is Harry Sinden.

http://www.last.fm/music/Gordon+Downie  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

You know, that's what hockey needs in the USA to get some attention.  Us real hockey fans don't care, but they need to have celebrities linked to the game for promotion.

Could be a bad thing too.  The US sports fanbase seems to only care about sports that were made for TV and commercials.  It's pretty sad.  (And yes, I'm from the USA)  And oh my frigin' god, now we have soccer/football trying to become mainstream.  3rd world, here we come.

Anything boring, so that the game doesn't interfere with their phone conversations.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Add Tom Glavine, Michael Chiklis & Rob Zombie

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

I woud say yes to Ben Affleck because when he hosted SNL one time, he did a skit where he a had a Bruins jersey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Richard Simmons: die-hard Bruins fan!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Celebrity Bruins Fans?:
    You know, that's what hockey needs in the USA to get some attention.  Us real hockey fans don't care, but they need to have celebrities linked to the game for promotion. Posted by elosias

Kurt Russell would be perfect for that celebrity role the guy loves hockey (Miracle on Ice!). Met him in N. Andover one year when he came to watch his son play a game @ Merrimack. Yah Skaswatch I forgot Rob Zombie was from Haverhill but i've never seen him with a Bruins jersey on though. That would be cool seeing him at a Bs game! Have him sing the "Oh Canada" one night fun stuff!

Still sweatin to the oldies Kennedy97 ? If Simmons really is a fan that's funny!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

You know, that's what hockey needs in the USA to get some attention.  Us real hockey fans don't care, but they need to have celebrities linked to the game for promotion. Could be a bad thing too.  The US sports fanbase seems to only care about sports that were made for TV and commercials.  It's pretty sad.  (And yes, I'm from the USA)  And oh my frigin' god, now we have soccer/football trying to become mainstream.  3rd world, here we come. Anything boring, so that the game doesn't interfere with their phone conversations.
    Posted by elosias

I do agree that the Marketing of certain sports for the mainstream U.S. fanbase is fantastic, particularly the NFL and NBA and Yes I agree they are boring to watch. Too many commercials/timeouts.

BUT...3rd world, here we come? Have you been to Europe in the last 10 years? Have you been outside the US since our valuable dollar has turned into toilet paper? So, your correct 3rd world here we come. But, for different reasons than watching soccer.

What makes hockey the best is because they players are like a lot of us, we will just never outsize the NFL/NBA fanbase, there are too many people in this country that spent their teenage years playing those sports.

By the way, go to an international soccer game once in your life outside of the US and I am guaranteeing you will have a good time. It will make a Patriots game seem like church.

Ignorance is no excuse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Apparently, Lil' Wayne & Micheal Chiklis are B's fans too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

[QUOTE]BUT...3rd world, here we come? Have you been to Europe in the last 10 years? Have you been outside the US since our valuable dollar has turned into toilet paper?

I spent two months in Costa Rica, a little villiage on the west coast with no pavement and sometimes no electricity.  Every morning before dawn I'd watch all of the high-school age kids play football out in the mud from my tree house/hostel (howler monkeys are great alarm clocks).  They had passion that made the world cup look like a paper cup.  I was in awe, and their skills were amazing, most with no shoes (they only had thier school shoes and uniforms, so they'd typically play barefoot and in their underwear, then jump in a river and put their school clothes back on).

I recently went to some of the exhibition games here in Seattle.  FC Barcelona.  Boooooooorrrrrrrinnnnnnng.  The crowd is more entertaining than anything that could ever happen on the pitch.  Here, or in Europe.  Like baseball, without the anticipation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Richard Simmons was born in the French Quarter, New Orleans and now resides in Beverly Hills so I would have to say he would either be a Habs fan (French connection) or a Kings fan. I really doubt he's a hockey fan at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SullyFromMA. Show SullyFromMA's posts

Spider Stacey, vocalist and whistle player for my personal favorite, The Pogues, has a picture of him wearing a Lucic Crew T-shirt on his myspace page. I believe when they came to town in March Ken Casey from the Dropkick Murphy's introduced him to The Bruins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

The greatest golfer of all time.Tiger Woods can only one day hope to carry his putter. HAPPY GILMOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

you guys cant forget about sully and the smack!
    come on now! also jeff gordon has been known to wear bruins cap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theobama. Show theobama's posts

Lil Wayne mentioned in his sports blog on ESPN that he is a Bruins fan. John Cena was in an interview wearing a Bruins hat and he is from West Newbury, Ma so i think he is a fan.

Sections
Shortcuts