CHARA 0-5 IN GAME 7'S

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

CHARA 0-5 IN GAME 7'S

Look the dynamic duo of Chiarelli and Charas Ottawa failures have now taken hold in Boston. When Chara steps up and acts like a Capatain in a series deciding game it will be the first time.

Great regular season and average to a no-show during the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: CHARA 0-5 IN GAME 7'S

Ya you can't hide in the playoffs
    During thr reg. season you can have an off game then go play a few really bad teams and pad your stats
    In the playoffs if it is a bad match-up for you you play against that quality opponent every other night and you are on TV
    Chara can't hide in the playoffs and his lousy play was on TV for all to see
    Sure he looks good against the islanders

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

I totally agree with that, its probably nothing but the cameras were in the locker room before Game 3 in Carolina and Chara looked so nervous and pale I thought he was going to throw up...

Some guys are great talents when the pressure is off but when the big game or big moments come around they dont perform like it. Chara is one of those guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

Chara is a sorry excuse for a captain anyways. I found it funny he chose bail and not talk to the media after some of the losses against Carolina! What captain does that i mean really, thats part of his job! Instead he leaves his teamates to answer for his mistakes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VJR123. Show VJR123's posts

based on what the b's are paying chara's one of the most overrated players in the league.  i think he's more of a 4-5 million guy and was probably the third best puck moving defenceman on the team this year after hunwick and wideman.

as a defensive defenseman he does rank pretty high in the league but mostly based on his reached and fitness level.  he's a keeper but his cap hit hurts for the next few years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Just wondering ChocolateLab:  Does your dog like you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

Just wondering ChocolateLab:  Does your dog like you?
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Oh look another poster hurling insults at another poster because someone didn't wave the poms poms for the B's, ins't it time for bed? Your a sorry excuse for a fan

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

Look the dynamic duo of Chiarelli and Charas...  
    Posted by chocolab511

... and this is not an insult but a.....? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Some people have nothing better to do with their spare time than to find stats like what  is a particular player's record in game 7's he's played.

Like this is some kind of tell tale stat that really makes a difference.

A player like Dave Semenko , who was a thug and bodyguard for Gretzky, probably has a great record in game 7's , because he was on a great team with loads of talent.

I am not going to waste my time trying to find out.

One player's performance does not dictate whether a team wins or loses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

Surprised to hear Joe Haggerty who is about as Pro Bruin as you can possibly be take Chara to task about his play in the bigger playoff games. Says "Chara wilts like a tender flower under the pressure"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

If Bobby Orr had to rely on 43 year old to be the best forward I don't think he would have won any cups.  Chara is what he is.  A work horse.  No forward has stepped up the last three games. 

I am not a Chara cheer leader but his job is not to score a ton of goals.  Philly won lastnight scoring only two goals.  I'd say Rask and the defense did their jobs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Chara is 0 for 5, I think then that he is due for one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Before the Habs/Caps deciding game, I think I read where Jacques Martin had never won a Game 7. He's now won 2.

The point: streaks can end, and past performance doesn't always dictate future results. Zdeno Chara is a very good player; I don't put much stock in the 0-5 mark as anything more than a coincidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Funny, I just had a discussion about Chara at work with a Flyers pink hat. He said to me that he never realized how slow Chara is. He commented that it doesn't seem like he's into these games like it was expected by the Flyers. I could not defend the BIG GUY one bit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i expect Patrice Bergeron the real captain to play the game of his life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

yes, but they had MARK MESSIER, who not only won a Cup with Edm.,he helped the Rangers of all teams to win a Stanley Cup. take that Gretzky.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA 0-5 IN GAME 7'S:
    Some people have nothing better to do with their spare time than to find stats like what  is a particular player's record in game 7's he's played. Like this is some kind of tell tale stat that really makes a difference. A player like Dave Semenko , who was a thug and bodyguard for Gretzky, probably has a great record in game 7's , because he was on a great team with loads of talent. I am not going to waste my time trying to find out. One player's performance does not dictate whether a team wins or loses.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Not sure I agree. Some players do come out and dominate a game or a series and have an impact, however......MANY do not and simply become invisible in the playoffs because of the added pressure (both from within themselves....and from teh opposing teams putting extra emphasis on shutting them down - Penguins/Habs & Caps/Habs are great examples....Crosby/OV were non factors. Unfortunately for them and their fans, their supporting cast could make up for their absence on the scoreboard. Crosby DID find a way to dominate in the Sens series however.....and make a difference.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Pronger is 1-6 in seventh games .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dryroasted. Show dryroasted's posts

Pronger is 1-6 in seventh games.

Posted by 50belowzero

Make that 0-6 for Chara

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Some people have nothing better to do with their spare time than to find stats like what  is a particular player's record in game 7's he's played. Like this is some kind of tell tale stat that really makes a difference. A player like Dave Semenko , who was a thug and bodyguard for Gretzky, probably has a great record in game 7's , because he was on a great team with loads of talent. I am not going to waste my time trying to find out. One player's performance does not dictate whether a team wins or loses.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I agree for the most part, except I think Richards for Philly was a BIG reason why they won.  He was a force physically and offensively

Sections
Shortcuts