Chara and Possible Suspension for Game 6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Chara and Possible Suspension for Game 6

Just saw the boxscore and Chara got the book thrown at him by the refs..
    2 minutes for instigating, 5 for fighting, 10 minutes misconduct and game misconduct..

They say if you start a fight in the last 5 minutes you will be suspended..
    Anyone see much of a fight?  All I saw was him lying on the ice and guys trying to pound him...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Chara and Possible Suspension for Game 6

I'll be shocked if he's suspended.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Chara and Possible Suspension for Game 6:
    I'll be shocked if he's suspended.
    Posted by bim09

It's a Bruins player isn't it? count on it.. When it comes to Bruins getting the shaft from Colin Cancer nothing will suprise me..Just wait and see!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

i'll be shocked if he isn't suspended.  and that makes me very nervous about game 6.  he cross-checked the buffalo player (sorry i don't remember who it was) in the face after getting slashed.  that's what started the whole melee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

If he's gone for Gm 6, who plays in his place? How do you think the game plays out without Chara and 3 rooks on D? 
    Great if Stuart was ready! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

How did Chara start that? He was getting roughed skating out of the zone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

How did Chara start that? He was getting roughed skating out of the zone!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

i suppose you're right.  he was skating out of the zone and got slashed from behind.  he turned around and cross-checked the buffalo player in the face (i suppose that happens when you're 6'9").  after that all heck broke loose and it became a pig-pile on chara.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

i'll be shocked if he isn't suspended.  and that makes me very nervous about game 6.  he cross-checked the buffalo player (sorry i don't remember who it was) in the face after getting slashed.  that's what started the whole melee.
    Posted by jalvis

Paul Gaustad slashed Chara across the back of the leg and Chara responded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Right from an article on bostonbruins.com

The game ended with a melee in front of the Buffalo bench and five players were penalized. Bruins top defenseman Zdeno Chara was called for an instigator penalty, which if not rescinded will force him to miss Game 6.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I was just about to write there's no way he will be suspended... but if you recall the press conference after Game 5, Ruff whined like a little poodle how the calls were all terrible against his club and we see how things turned. B's have to win with heart because they sure don't have much luck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If Campbell suspends Chara then the league is TRYING to get Boston fans to riot.

Come on, get serious, the Savard thing, but the Walker thing in the playoffs last year?  If they suspend Chara, I'll go ballistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

Teams have already been told he will not be suspended. Thank god

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Hey Stanleycomehome.  What is your source?  Can you post a link?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I just heard on NHL on the fly that TSN reported both teams were notified there will be no suspensions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Bruins told no suspension for Chara

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/news/story?id=5131588

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

malkin got an instigator against zetterberg in game 2 last year and he wasnt suspended. If malkin got no instigator than neither should chara. But then again, malkin plays on the penguins, so the league will always help them out, so I wouldnt doubt a uspension on chara

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The Sabres tried to take him out but jumping into him after a Gaustad slashing.  Obviously he had to defend himself!

I hope that the Bruins get fired up and that they finally score the first goal next game!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

loved charas response to the cheap slash to the back of the legs....i thought it was mccormick but it was gaustad huh? im shocked he plays this tough in your face glove washing role & cant fight he way outa of a paper bag....i thought chara had a chance for a great statement when he went into the corner with the myers & ryder incident, & he backed out...wow if he just gave the kid alittle roughing around that would of done wonders i think & he backed out....all he had to do is make the kid know his presence was there, get in his face, tie up with him alittle bit & he backed out....please tell me he was worried about some sort of penalty in this case  please!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Bruins told no suspension for Chara http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/news/story?id=5131588
    Posted by Bruins-Fan-In-MD

that's a relief.  i was thinking that he would be suspended....kinda of like lucic against the habs a few years back for the cross-check.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't think CHaras response would have got him suspended...the fact the ref (not the linesman) had to put a choke hold on him would have been a big reason...
    This is the playoffs and the last time I checked its hockey...this was a regular thing in the 70-80's...I don't like this soft kind NHL...I like when guys could set the tone for the next game by dropping the mits.

Anyway, good on Chara...glad he got his nose dirty...he has played like a 6'8 geek most of the year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

It was pretty amusing to read Ruff's comments on the altercation.  Ruff said that he thought his team's reaction to the altercation was appropriate: one guy grabbed him high, one low, and one around the waist.  He said that's how you have to deal with that situation.

Amazing-justifying a 3 on 1 dance session!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I don't think CHaras response would have got him suspended...the fact the ref (not the linesman) had to put a choke hold on him would have been a big reason... This is the playoffs and the last time I checked its hockey...this was a regular thing in the 70-80's...I don't like this soft kind NHL...I like when guys could set the tone for the next game by dropping the mits. Anyway, good on Chara...glad he got his nose dirty...he has played like a 6'8 geek most of the year.
    Posted by shuperman

i'm with ya shup.  let 'em play!!  chara has brought his physical style for the playoffs.  and good for him is right.  they need him to play that way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

I don't think CHaras response would have got him suspended...the fact the ref (not the linesman) had to put a choke hold on him would have been a big reason... This is the playoffs and the last time I checked its hockey...this was a regular thing in the 70-80's...I don't like this soft kind NHL...I like when guys could set the tone for the next game by dropping the mits. Anyway, good on Chara...glad he got his nose dirty...he has played like a 6'8 geek most of the year.
    Posted by shuperman

He's 6'9" and he's probably looked bad trying to do too much to make something happen.  Now that the others have elevated their game some, he can play his game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

cowboys9

WHAT ?????????????? Gaustad slashed Chara and when Chara tried to reply 3 Sabres players jumped on him .....yep it takes 3 players to take care of Chara...very braves those Sabres .....Chicken chitts.....the longer the serie goes the more I hate the Sabres......

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010