Chara did everything he could to help Rangers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers.

If we can trade him and get value back, I will not miss him. He is not a leader ,should not be a captain.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Chara did everything he could to help Rangers.:
    This guy is the worst Dman I have seen in my life that is making 7.5 million $$$$$ dough head give aways, not able to clear the zone looks like he is skating in cement. I would'nt give this guy a mop job. PC I have seen enough,  please please package his sorry butt along with some of the dead wood on this team, and hopefully some YOYO jumps at it. Use his 7.5 salary along with Wideman or Ryders 4 mil that gives you over 11 million to spend on a Quarterback Dman and a goal scorer. Trust me when I say this we will not miss his sorry butt one bit. Anyone who thinks the B's should keep this guy and his 7.5 mil should have their head read.
    Posted by mitchco98

I guess you figure they just give out Norris trophies to anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers.:
    In Response to Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : I guess you figure they just give out Norris trophies to anyone.
    Posted by dezaruchi

stop living in the past...just like chara best year is past him...get rid of has a s s as quick as possible...with the exception of last year..the guys is a highly overrated and loser on every time he has been on

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I've questioned Chara's play all year. He is not worth 7.5 million. He's not even worth 4 million. I can't explain how his play has deteriorated since last year, but his leadership was never there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I've questioned Chara's play all year. He is not worth 7.5 million. He's not even worth 4 million. I can't explain how his play has deteriorated since last year, but his leadership was never there.
    Posted by jwb413

He leads by example. He's probably the hardest-working player in the NHL. He doesn't even drink alchohol or eat sweets. The man is a fanatic.

And if you're wondering why his play has deteriorated (for him, that is), he's playing with a destroyed finger (and yeah, I know, hockey players don't use their hands, right?) that will require surgery, but that's only on the surface. I have no doubt whatsoever that the guy is playing with more than one injury. But, being a typical NHL player, he's not going to say a word (anyone recall that Krejci played all last year with an injury that required major surgery?).

Zdeno Chara is one of the toughest, hardest-working, highly respected and feared players in the NHL. Any other team would grab him in a heartbeat. I'm proud that he's captain of the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In Response to Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : I guess you figure they just give out Norris trophies to anyone.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Julien won coach of the year and TT won the vezina great, that was last year.

Why is this group still fighting for a playoff with all the silverware they won last year.
    I will tell you why they overacheived so did Lurch. At best this guy is worth between 3.5 -4 million per and is probably your second pairing of D.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : He leads by example. He's probably the hardest-working player in the NHL. He doesn't even drink alchohol or eat sweets. The man is a fanatic. And if you're wondering why his play has deteriorated (for him, that is), he's playing with a destroyed finger (and yeah, I know, hockey players don't use their hands, right?) that will require surgery, but that's only on the surface. I have no doubt whatsoever that the guy is playing with more than one injury. But, being a typical NHL player, he's not going to say a word (anyone recall that Krejci played all last year with an injury that required major surgery?). Zdeno Chara is one of the toughest, hardest-working, highly respected and feared players in the NHL. Any other team would grab him in a heartbeat. I'm proud that he's captain of the Bruins.
    Posted by duinne

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : stop living in the past...just like chara best year is past him...get rid of has a s s as quick as possible...with the exception of last year..the guys is a highly overrated and loser on every time he has been on
    Posted by GutlessChara
    Anybody who posts under the name gutlesschara cannot be taken seriously. There is clearly a childish obsession here.

Just curious, how old are you ? I'm guessing between 12 and 15.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : He leads by example. He's probably the hardest-working player in the NHL. He doesn't even drink alchohol or eat sweets. The man is a fanatic. And if you're wondering why his play has deteriorated (for him, that is), he's playing with a destroyed finger (and yeah, I know, hockey players don't use their hands, right?) that will require surgery, but that's only on the surface. I have no doubt whatsoever that the guy is playing with more than one injury. But, being a typical NHL player, he's not going to say a word (anyone recall that Krejci played all last year with an injury that required major surgery?). Zdeno Chara is one of the toughest, hardest-working, highly respected and feared players in the NHL. Any other team would grab him in a heartbeat. I'm proud that he's captain of the Bruins.
    Posted by duinne

Crosby and Ovechkin are making 9 million and you think NHL teams would jump in a heartbeat and pay this guy 7.5 milion.  our PP is ranked 20th in the league I keep hearing about his great shot, he brings absolutely nothing zero offensively. 

This organization would be so lucky just to dump his salary so lucky.

Glen Sather are you listening, 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : Crosby and Ovechkin are making 9 million and you think NHL teams would jump in a heartbeat and pay this guy 7.5 milion.  our PP is ranked 20th in the league I keep hearing about his great shot, he brings absolutely nothing zero offensively.  This organization would be so lucky just to dump his salary so lucky. Glen Sather are you listening, 
    Posted by mitchco98

I guess the fact our team defence has been at or near the top of the league all season is meaningless?Chara plays almost half of every game and every PK.Ask Dubinsky if Chara is easy to play against.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

Chara is the biggest reason this team is so good defensively. He is a beast on the PK.

Watch how bad our PK is when he is in the box.

But hey Mitch, I shouldn't have to respond to people who say this, "he brings absolutely nothing zero offensively."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

As usual, some posters herein are down on certain players because they don't draw enough blood.  These pseudo fans want crunch crash bang pain broken bodies....any bit of violence that makes their blood rise.

Chara is an amazing defenseman.  His long stick and reach are constantly in the way of the best opposing forwards.  Why else would many of them dread playing against Chara?  He has unparalleled skills at taking the body along the boards while not losing the puck. He has perfect positioning, over and over, all game.  He never throws the puck away in any kind of panic-- rather, he is so good at holding and waiting for the right move.  As for the crunch part, have you ever seen attackers bounce off him when trying to take him out of a play?  His physical presence is a rock.  He calms and controls the play all game.  When things are tight and testy, Chara is the man you want out there.

Our Bruins would be a lot less without him.  I'm just sorry we lost Derick Morris. Sidenberg is way cool.... slick offense skills...good all around

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : Julien won coach of the year and TT won the vezina great, that was last year. Why is this group still fighting for a playoff with all the silverware they won last year. I will tell you why they overacheived so did Lurch. At best this guy is worth between 3.5 -4 million per and is probably your second pairing of D.
    Posted by mitchco98

Marc Savard: Broken foot, ACL tear, concussion.
    Milan Lucic: Broken finger, high ankle sprain
    Andrew Ference: Torn groin
    David Krejci: Off-season hip surgery (from which he returned too soon)
    Tim Thomas: Broken hand
    Tuukka Rask: Sprained knee
    Marco Sturm: Sprained knee
    Patrice Bergeron: Broken hand
    Johnny Boychuck: Broken orbital bone
    Mark Stuart: Broken sternum, broken finger
    Zdeno Chara: Broken, dislocated finger

Amount of games the Bruins have iced a full squad this year: SIX.

That may have something to do with it. Every team has injuries, but the Bruins (and the Red Wings) are without a doubt the most injury-stricken team in the NHL this year. And it hasn't been fringe guys. Savard and Lucic's injuries in particular have killed them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Guys who blast Chara have no clue as far as knowing hockey.. I like to listen to people who are actually in the game and hear their comments about Chara being the best shutdown defenseman in the League, look at this guy when he plays against Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin,  they do absolutely nothing against him ...There is a reason that since he's been here the Bruins have been top 3 in PK , why is that ?  this probably has not been a stellar year but this guy is hurting more than anyone knows.

I think he is a leader, he is the face of the Bruins, he makes everyone on the ice take notice, he plays hurt, he backs his teamates, plays more minutes than anybody , and I too am glad he is the captain of our hockey club.. If that is not leading then I don't know what is ... Time to re-up PC..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Guys who blast Chara have no clue as far as knowing hockey.. I like to listen to people who are actually in the game and hear their comments about Chara being the best shutdown defenseman in the League, look at this guy when he plays against Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin,  they do absolutely nothing against him ...There is a reason that since he's been here the Bruins have been top 3 in PK , why is that ?  this probably has not been a stellar year but this guy is hurting more than anyone knows.   I think he is a leader, he is the face of the Bruins, he makes everyone on the ice take notice, he plays hurt, he backs his teamates, plays more minutes than anybody , and I too am glad he is the captain of our hockey club.. If that is not leading then I don't know what is ... Time to re-up PC..
    Posted by cowboys9

I agree 100%.Other players hate going against him.He makes plays that no other players can make as a result of his size and reach.Opponents fear him as they should.Ask the Sens if they wish they kept him at what the Bruins paid.They haven't been the same team since he left.I hope he retires as a Bruin. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : I agree 100%.Other players hate going against him.He makes plays that no other players can make as a result of his size and reach.Opponents fear him as they should.Ask the Sens if they wish they kept him at what the Bruins paid.They haven't been the same team since he left.I hope he retires as a Bruin. 
    Posted by dezaruchi

beginning of the year when thomas was flopping through one loss after another thre were many thomas supports...where are they now? The same thing will happen to Chara. When the VP of the club says in public the team plays without emotion...it is just like saying we have no leadership on this team. You can put most of the blame on the team captain. He will be gone this summer along with TT and about a half a dozen other players. I look forward to these changes in the off season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Chara did everything he could to help Rangers. : beginning of the year when thomas was flopping through one loss after another thre were many thomas supports...where are they now? The same thing will happen to Chara. When the VP of the club says in public the team plays without emotion...it is just like saying we have no leadership on this team. You can put most of the blame on the team captain. He will be gone this summer along with TT and about a half a dozen other players. I look forward to these changes in the off season
    Posted by GutlessChara

Well, prepare to be disappointed, because Chara isn't going anywhere.

Despite your odd vendetta, your opinion of Chara is very much in the minority. When Bruce Boudreau deliberately moves Ovechkin to his off wing to get him away from Chara, you know what the NHL thinks of him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

That's what I heard during last years playoffs this guy would shut down Eric Staal . The PP went 2 for 27 on the PP, where was the big shot from the Blue Line this clown could'nt hit the side of a barn.

AND WHO GOT THE LAST LAUGH ERIC STAAL DID so much for the most feared and shut down D.
    Did'nt we do this with Hal Gill when he was a Bruin against Jamoir Jagr. Like I said before on this post Chara is an overpaid Hal Gill.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That's what I heard during last years playoffs this guy would shut down Eric Staal . The PP went 2 for 27 on the PP, where was the big shot from the Blue Line this clown could'nt hit the side of a barn. AND WHO GOT THE LAST LAUGH ERIC STAAL DID so much for the most feared and shut down D. Did'nt we do this with Hal Gill when he was a Bruin against Jamoir Jagr. Like I said before on this post Chara is an overpaid Hal Gill.
    Posted by mitchco98

Just because you say something wrong twice doesn't make it right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

chara knock calahan out of the game with a solid body check ,reports say calahan wasn,t at practice today either ,nice hit by chara

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

chara knock calahan out of the game with a solid body check ,reports say calahan wasn,t at practice today either ,nice hit by chara
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

The check was as clean as it gets and it still devastated Callahan.That is just part of what Chara brings to the table.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

He needs to bring it every night.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

Im on the fence with Chara. He is, with out question, the last defenseman any opposing forward wants to face. Anyone who says he is not a great defenseman is a fool. But thats where it ends. I think he could be more useful on the powerplay standing in front of the net, something ottawa used to do. In Juliens system, you cant expect him to play like Mike Green.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Just another one of the Bruins D-men to have their confidence ruined by Julien.  This team will never go anywhere with him as a coach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Im on the fence with Chara. He is, with out question, the last defenseman any opposing forward wants to face. Anyone who says he is not a great defenseman is a fool. But thats where it ends. I think he could be more useful on the powerplay standing in front of the net, something ottawa used to do. In Juliens system, you cant expect him to play like Mike Green.
    Posted by Wheelhouse46

I agree he seems out of place on the PP this year.i suspect his finger is far worse than we think as his big shot hasn't been seen as much this year.