Chara likely All-Star D this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

Chara's a likely First or Second team All-Star.� Ask the scouts, they'll tell ya.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

Clearly, you don't know what you're talking about.� Over and out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from camconner. Show camconner's posts

useless piece of shet - it would be great for him to be an all star so the b's can get better trade value fo him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

You saw Orr and Espo?� Really?� Wow!� And that makes you what...an expert on today's NHL?� And on Chara in particular?Face it:� you're just pissed because�Chara made a bad play in Game 7 and B's lost last night.� You're reacting; so be it.Here's what I know:� Chara's being commonly talked about as a NORRIS Trophy finalist this season; he'll surely be a First or Second All-Star.� Is he perfect?� No.� But he had a very good year overall, and shut down Kovalev for most of series vs. Canadiens.The B's need this season's Chara moving forward.� If we don't want him, ask the Canadiens (and his former club in Ottawa) if they'd like to have him?� They, and every other NHL club, would take Chara in a heartbeat.� Sometimes you don't know what you're missing until it's gone.Get over it.� See you in October.P.S.� Since you brought it up, I too saw Orr, Espo and everyone else play live; been following the B's since 1963.�� But as with you, that don't make me an expert on�hockey.�

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

When Chara's names a Norris Trophy finalist and/or named First or Second NHL All-Star D for this season, get back to me, wouldja?� There are many other experts�besides yourself...ahem...media, scouts, management...who say Chara was one of NHL's best this season.� I'll take their word over your's or any other fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

You're exaggerating to make a point, and are completely off-base in doing so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladybug. Show ladybug's posts

get your head out of your mullet......Chara an overpaid stiff!� He's a second tier defensemen who has cashed in on his size.� I don't blame him for that.....I blame the GM and the organization.Don't hit me with stats......he's on the ice for most of the game so his stats will be skewed that way.� If he was on the team in the early 90's he'd be their 4 defensemen.Go paint your face......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

If Chara's a Norris Trophy finalist (there are 3 every year) and/or a First or Second All-Star, as voted upon by media and management, what will you say then?�

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

When B's were atrocious one year ago, you and others skwered Chara at that time because, as you say, his stats were "skewed that way".� So now this season, after B's became one of NHL's BEST clubs defensively, you try to use those good stats against Chara?� Hello?Again, I'll take the word of NHL scouts and management�over those of fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

You wouldn't admit you were wrong?� I'm stunned!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwp5388. Show wwp5388's posts

Now, I know I will get a lot of #### for saying this, but here's the thing about Chara. He is a good to very good defenseman, but by no means is he great or an elite franchise player.�Last season he was horrible as was everyone else on the team, i think Lewis had something to do with that. This season he had a�much improved season.� He has been very physical especially in the playoffs (I know last night he was lousy) and will put up a good amount of points. You can all say what you want, but he players on other teams fear him. Montreal fans respect and fear him that's why he was booed everytime he touched the puck. However, saying that, my issue with�Chara is that he is paid 7.5 million dollars a year and they think he is the savior for every�on ice situation. If he was paid 3 million dollars a year I dont think�it would bother me as much, and I dont�think it would bother others as much. He is�a very easy target to point fingers for a few reasons: his obscene salary, he was named captain before he even played a game as a bruin, and he is used for every on ice situation which puts way too much pressure on a defenseman who is solid but does not have the tools like Lidstrom or Niedemeyer to take on that kind of work load. I think he is a good leader and is a good person in the lockerroom, but I dont think he should wear the C. I guess to sum this up, all I am trying to say is that Chara is not as bad as he is made out to be and actually brings some good things to the line up. He is just not worth his salary and they could manage his ice time better and take some pressure off him, because he is not a superstar, he's just a good defenseman.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladybug. Show ladybug's posts

hey bruins country.....go cut your mullet and put away your cam neely jersey....these are not your early 90's bruins.� theyneed a number 1 goaltender and a legit first line.�

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

Based on this past season, when B's were one of top NHL clubs defensively (were ranked 3-4th in goals against for the season), you continue to believe that goaltending's a problem moving forward?Thomas has proven himself; Fernandez is now 100% healthy and ready to play; Rask may be ready to make the leap to the B's in the fall.� From those three emerges some damn good goaltending.� Not elite goalie play, but pretty damn good.� And Rask may prove to be elite over time.I do agree, B's crying need is to develop two top�scoring lines; you can't win in "the new NHL" without two.� They also need another PP QB d-man to go with Wideman, and another mobile, defensive d-man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

He may not win the Norris, but is reportedly receiving serious consideration to be one of�3 finalists.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladybug. Show ladybug's posts

thomas has only proven that he's a reliable backup.� nice try.....most times it has not been his fault because he's got stiffs like chara as the team #1 defensemen.� One reason th eb's rank high as a team defensively was because they had to.� �Get your head out of your claven......(i'd be surprised if someone could name who said this.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

It HAD to be Carla who said that!� And speaking of pulling heads from dark places,�maybe you'll�take a moment to consider:There ARE several valid reasons the Bruins were one of 16 playoff teams in the 30-team NHL this season.� Methinks you're not giving this year's B's or Tim Thomas enough credit.� Using your logic, the�B's needed to be good defensively a year ago also, but they weren't, were they?� Answer:� NO, they weren't.� In fact, defense was their undoing when Lewis was coach.�With their lack of scoring, they had to be good on D again this year and they were...because of Julien's system.� It didn't happen this year because "it had to"; if that were the case, it would have happened last season too.��

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

And there you have it.� Thanks Lopey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladybug. Show ladybug's posts

wow another brainwashed bruins fan........you need to wash the face paint out of your eyes..... 9 of their forwards are marginal 3rd or 4th line guys.� i do give clode a lot of credit.� he got a lot out of a bunch of junk.� lewis reminded me too much of higgins from magnum pi.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

You obviously don't know much about professional hockey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladybug. Show ladybug's posts

i've forgotten more hockey than you've probably will ever know.You should probably shave you mullet, wash the face paint off and move back to earth.�� It's lidstrom's award.......better luck next year chara.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hanlon948. Show hanlon948's posts

OF COURSE it's Lidstrom's award, I never said Chara should or would win the Norris Trophy; I merely passed along word that he was a likely finalist, which turned out to be true, also that he'll be voted either a First or Second All-Star.Your words about Chara speak volumes about your knowledge of hockey.�

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts