CHARA SIGNS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

CHARA SIGNS

no details but the contract is to last into his 40.s 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: CHARA SIGNS

In Response to CHARA SIGNS:
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

where did you find this out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA SIGNS:
    In Response to CHARA SIGNS : where did you find this out?
    Posted by dezaruchi

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/10/bruins_chara_ag.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to CHARA SIGNS:
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr
    LINK ...I hope your right there's only one chara in the league.
    The hole that would have to be filled would set the bruins back years if he does not get signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Great news!  Very interested to see the details.  Hopefully, with the long-term deal, they have minimized some of the Cap impact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

great news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsgay. Show bruinsgay's posts

Bad Move, Chara is no captain thats for sure. While it will help in the regular season Chara dissapears in the playoffs and often says he and his team is "nervous" when going into big games, see game 5 vs Philly last year.

Maybe Chara will be 0-10 in Game 7's by the time his next deal his done. Guys you dont win in the playoffs with: Julien, Chara, Savard, Thomas... Don't expect any playoff success anytime soon folks with this core locked up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

your name fits you perfectly without the Bruins part though. get a clue

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Bad Move, Chara is no captain thats for sure. While it will help in the regular season Chara dissapears in the playoffs and often says he and his team is "nervous" when going into big games, see game 5 vs Philly last year. Maybe Chara will be 0-10 in Game 7's by the time his next deal his done. Guys you dont win in the playoffs with: Julien, Chara, Savard, Thomas... Don't expect any playoff success anytime soon folks with this core locked up.
    Posted by bruinsgay
    FAIL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

your name fits you perfectly without the Bruins part though. get a clue
    Posted by lucicfan
    Good one, LOL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Bad Move, Chara is no captain thats for sure. While it will help in the regular season Chara dissapears in the playoffs and often says he and his team is "nervous" when going into big games, see game 5 vs Philly last year. Maybe Chara will be 0-10 in Game 7's by the time his next deal his done. Guys you dont win in the playoffs with: Julien, Chara, Savard, Thomas... Don't expect any playoff success anytime soon folks with this core locked up.
    Posted by bruinsgay
    JSP ufc fighter was quoted last week saying anybody going into to a big fight and says he is not nervous is LYING.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Excellent!! There is a reason he was going to be the #1 sought after free agent next off season. He is an absolute force and probably the most intimidating player in the NHL. If his cap hit is 6.5 like per like it suggests this would be an amazing deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

If it`s the true, 6.8M.$ for 7 years. Big mistake Chia..

Not enough with Murray, Zhammov, Martinez, Thomas, Savard,
    Now Chara.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am glad he is back.  But he has failed in terms of leading this team.  People rip Joe but Chara has done no better.  He is an elite dman.  I am just not a huge fan.  It seems like when the captain needs to step up he never does.  Hope it doesnt turn into a wade redden contract

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

Oh great another 7 years of this goof. I guess we can look forward to more of his lacking leadership, playoff houdini like vanishes, Game 7 melt downs, long stretches of lackluster games, followed by that one game where he makes you say wow until he dissapears again. The core of this team is flawed. Built for the regular season and a train wreck come April

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I agree, Chara's been a terrible captain. First of all, he's lazy. From everything I've read, the guy never works out, barely cares about his job, and I don't think he even wants to be in Boston. Second, he really isn't that important to the team. We've been one of the best defensive teams in the league the past few years, so why invest so much in this one player, am I missing something? Third, he should not be making the kind of money reserved for the best d-men in the league. Never has Chara accomplished anything to suggest he might be worth that. Point me to any major or minor recognition of his to suggest he's worth the big money.  Finally, what has he done for this team? It's not like he came here in the middle of a shitstorm and eventually turned us around into a cup contender.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great news!  Very interested to see the details.  Hopefully, with the long-term deal, they have minimized some of the Cap impact. Posted by Crowls2424

Yep that's what I'm interested in just hope PC learned from his discussions when the NHL officials visited his offices this summer regarding the Savard contract.

PS. Chiarelli didn't sign Zhamnov, Murray or Martinez ? Who's that BlueChip ? Do you mean Fernandez ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

WOW. With all of the Chara bashers on here it shows the lack of intelligence on this board. It takes alot more than a leader to win the stanley cup...but let's just keep blaming Chara for everything. The guy is a force, works hard, and intmidating (not a player in the league wants to face this guy). Our problems are not in Chara but other areas. GREAT MOVE PC!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am glad he is back.  But he has failed in terms of leading this team.  People rip Joe but Chara has done no better.  He is an elite dman.  I am just not a huge fan.  It seems like when the captain needs to step up he never does.  Hope it doesnt turn into a wade redden contract
    Posted by shuperman

Dang Shupe!  I've come to expect more intelligent posts than this from you.  But, to be fair, I will allow you to explain it before I turn it into Swiss Cheese.  Can you tell me which aspects of being a captain that Chara has failed at?  Can you also tell me me how much time you have spent in the locker room while Chara has been leading the team?  Can you also compare his leadership to that of other great NHL captains?

LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

For the record, I also think Jarome Iginla is a terrible captain. He's no leader. What a playoff choker! Add to that Daniel Alfredson, Mats Sundin (formerly), Patrik Elias, Markus Naslund (formerly), Saku Koivu, and a host of other overrated hackjobs.

If you ask me, I'd like a captain in the mold of a Dion Phaneuf (tough, intelligent, solid D) or a Drury/Briere (small, loyal). Preferably, though, I wish Stevie Y would captain this team. Maybe Mario. Maybe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Big body, but he can`t skate ( no speed) and he can`t drop the gloves.( hand too frail)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I've also heard that Chara actively prevents others on the team from exhibiting any form of leadership whatsoever. Apparently, if a Recchi, Bergeron, Lucic, Stuart, or anyone gets up or says anything, Chara freaks out and scolds them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

As to my earlier post, I also think Andreychuk and Brindamour got really lucky by winning cups late in their careers because they, too, were overrated hackjobs and not captain material. Also, Ray Bourque. This reminds me, I would rather have Lecavalier as my captain than Chara. Or Kovalchuk -- he was awesome in Atlanta. Actually, how about Mikko Lehtonen or Brendan Morrow? Those guys play a much more intimidating brand of defense than Small-Z.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA SIGNS : Yep that's what I'm interested in just hope PC learned from his discussions when the NHL officials visited his offices this summer regarding the Savard contract. PS. Chiarelli didn't sign Zhamnov, Murray or Martinez ? Who's that BlueChip ? Do you mean Fernandez ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yes Fernandez not Martinez (Great pitcher Pedro)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: CHARA SIGNS : Dang Shupe!  I've come to expect more intelligent posts than this from you.  But, to be fair, I will allow you to explain it before I turn it into Swiss Cheese.  Can you tell me which aspects of being a captain that Chara has failed at?  Can you also tell me me how much time you have spent in the locker room while Chara has been leading the team?  Can you also compare his leadership to that of other great NHL captains? LOL
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So you in Duinne have something in common .  She has said the exact same thing on many occasions.
    Chara proved to me he's a leader when the Bruins played the Pens (Revenge on Cooke night) , the Bruins were just blah that night, no emotion after Thornton dropped with Cooke .  After Chara dropped his gloves in the 2nd you saw him looking at the bench , upset and trying to wake up the rest. He gestured with his arms up in the air as to say "come on boys wake up !!! The crowd did but that's about it.
    Now that 7th game thing and he never won a game ???  I can't believe that fans point that at him . 

Sections
Shortcuts