CHARA SIGNS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Re: CHARA SIGNS

In Response to Re: CHARA SIGNS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHARA SIGNS : That would be Harry and Slats favorite "Scotch" not Beer...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I take my Remy Martin with a beer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Bad he is a fitness freak.  But even with that he can be slow of foot.  At age 40 that isnt gonna get better.  But thanks to his reach he can adjust.  But foot speed in todays game is huge.  He will be fine.  I just hope his salary goes down per year. I just want him to play like he should.  Which is a nasty guy that teams hate playing.  Pronger does it the best.  But chara should play more like that.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]Who cares if his salary goes down per year there's a thing called cap hit that's what it is all about... PERIOD.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

how long before PC regrets this signing and puts Z-man on the trading block????....

too much $$$$ locked up for a thirtysomething d-man who's won a grand total of 1 Norris....

another albatross in PC's cap....  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's official. Chiarelli has lost his mind.

But since I've decided not to watch this dull league known as the NHL anymore, I'll let all you guys argue about it.

If I cared about hockey , I'd be upset. But instead I'll just laugh my @ss off as this league continues to lose fans because GM's pay players based on size instead of talent, insuring the game continues on it's path of mediocrity and eventually will be extinct or a novelty like Roller Derby used to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I really wasn't for this signing but since he is here, we need to build around him with skilled dmen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHARA SIGNS : Dang Shupe!  I've come to expect more intelligent posts than this from you.  But, to be fair, I will allow you to explain it before I turn it into Swiss Cheese.  Can you tell me which aspects of being a captain that Chara has failed at?  Can you also tell me me how much time you have spent in the locker room while Chara has been leading the team?  Can you also compare his leadership to that of other great NHL captains? LOL
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

really good point, how does anyone know hes a bad captain

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

he's a slight above average d-man. Puck gets lost between his legs and if he gets beat, slow to catch-up. Too much money. However, he will have a good game now and then. No opinion on his character, just skills.

Keep him for a year then trade him while other teams would have interest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]It's official. Chiarelli has lost his mind. But since I've decided not to watch this dull league known as the NHL anymore, I'll let all you guys argue about it. If I cared about hockey , I'd be upset. But instead I'll just laugh my @ss off as this league continues to lose fans because GM's pay players based on size instead of talent, insuring the game continues on it's path of mediocrity and eventually will be extinct or a novelty like Roller Derby used to be.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE] You have close to 6000 posts to a sport you do not care about. I'm not even sure if there is professional help for your condition. I truly feel sorry for you, it must be lonely in your world.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I like the deal. This team without Chara is mediocre to bad... this team without Chara would also be actively searching for a top defensemen to give the exact same money to... so whats the point in complaining.

Now all we have to do is trade Hunwick for a bag of pucks and call up one of the young-ins

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Too much money for your number one D especially when he constantly fails to be dominant in the playoffs and dissapears in game 7s.  Bs will never win the cup with Chara has their number 1 D.  A number one D has to be dominant in both sides of the ice.  That is my opinion you don't have to agree and i hope i am wrong but i don't think i am!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]Too much money for your number one D especially when he constantly fails to be dominant in the playoffs and dissapears in game 7s.  Bs will never win the cup with Chara has their number 1 D.  A number one D has to be dominant in both sides of the ice.  That is my opinion you don't have to agree and i hope i am wrong but i don't think i am!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

You are not wrong. Chara was above average but in 3 years he will be below average.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Do all you clowns questioning Chara's leadership ability remember when Aaron Ward was interviewed on the NHL Network and was asked about Chara's leadership?  They said something like "Some people say that Zdeno Chara is a terrible captain.  Do you agree?"  Aaron basically took it as an insult and started raving about how Chara is a such a great captain, saying he doesn't say much, but he speaks up when it counts and when he speaks people listen.  He sadi Chara likes to lead by example and when he feels he's failing he tries to fix that and get something going.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Plenty of opinions on this subject.  No deal is ever perfect for the team anteing up.  There are competitive forces, market forces, and some pretty good sized ego's that have to be fed before any "premium' NHL player makes any kind of long term committment.
     Having said that....I'm quite pleased with this signing.  I don't think it's reasonable to assume Chara "couldn't" have gotten a better package somewhere else.
    I'm happy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to[QUOTE]"They said something like "Some people say that Zdeno Chara is a terrible captain.  Do you agree?"  Aaron basically took it as an insult and started raving.." Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly why Wardo was a respected leader in the NHL.  Chara lacks that vocal dimension.