Cheap shot ends season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Cheap shot ends season?

I saw the replays and that was a deliberate elbow to the head from the blind-side... and no penalty!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1511353. Show user_1511353's posts

Re: Cheap shot ends season?

And no response ... team has no soul

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

That was heck of a cheap shot.  Bergeron was letting Cooke know and Cooke knows he did something stupid but that won't bring back Savard.  It is clearly a concussion.  He will be missing some time the question is how long will he be out!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

If that was Crosby that got nailed.  Whoever did it would of gotten a 30 game suspension.  Not even a penalty in this case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Re: Cheap shot ends season?:
    If that was Crosby that got nailed.  Whoever did it would of gotten a 30 game suspension.  Not even a penalty in this case.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

what can you expect. The penguins get prefferential treatment from the league

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

sweet revenge if we meet the penns in the 1st round , go after crosby win the series

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

So long as the league golden boys; Ovy and Crosby are playing for Washington and Pen; then those teams will continue to have preferential treatment...

the only sport it is more blatent is basketball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Let's hope our club has Cooke in mind when we meet them again in Boston on the 18th of March.  It doesn't have to be specifically Cooke, either.  They do have Crosby and Malkin on that team, don't they?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Inconsistent officiating, to say the least.  In my opinion, Cooke's display was far worse than Ryder's incident against the Isles yesterday yet he got the game misconduct and although there's been no word from the league yet, could possibly be handed a suspension.  Cooke's hit receives no call. 

While they're both different types of physical contact in different situations, where's the justification for one but not the other?  The NHL can't permit such a wide discrepancy in the way their games are officiated. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Meat-Balls. Show Meat-Balls's posts

It was over long before that innocent elbow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In Response to Cheap shot ends season?:
    I saw the replays and that was a deliberate elbow to the head from the blind-side... and no penalty!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

I will have to look at it again but it did not look like an elbow it looked like a shoulder to the head.Still a head shot.If no one goes after the little P Cooke next game this team has no heart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So long as the league golden boys; Ovy and Crosby are playing for Washington and Pen; then those teams will continue to have preferential treatment... the only sport it is more blatent is basketball.
    Posted by dbg1

I'm repeating myself from the other thread.  Good points dbg1
    Completely completely agree with you.  This is the exact same thing I said last year around the same time when I think the PENS got 11 powerplays and won 6-5. 
    Buttman is a complete moron !  Last year he wanted the Pens in the playoffs and made sure of it.
    I'll say one thing , THE BRUINS DID NOT DESERVE TO WIN THIS GAME ! 
    Last nite I saw Orr and some other player when the Sens were up 1-0 run players from behind and intentionally to hurt and the most they got is 2mins, Orr but not to worry because in the scrum these morons that run the league even it out ! 
    You wonder why hockey isn't as popular in the U.S.  Here is a prime example .  How can they not get it straight !!!! 
    You want to call a5min major on Ryder, FINE ,  I'm okay with it BUT how do not call the same games day in and day out .
    COLLIN CAMPBELL WAKE THE F UP !!!!
    Now I understand why soccer players dive and fake injury,  maybe this is what the NHL players have to start doing.
    All I know is Savvy did not deserve that and it was very clear, LATE and LIFTED HIS ELBOW TO HIT THE HEAD !!
    If he doesn't get 10 games this NHL is a COMPLETE JOKE !  He's injured now maybe they'll do something because that's what it takes in this league, an injury !  I bet they wait to see first the condition Savard is in before giving out a suspension.
    2 REFS on the ice and they cannot see this and call a major penalty ????  COME ON !
    I was against when Ricahrds did it, when Phaneuf did it ,  when Lapierre did it and raged after this display.
    WHAT A F'd UP SEASON FOR THE BRUINS AND SAVVY.
    NHL OFFICIALS ARE A JOKE !
    Where are the NHL apologists now !

P.S. RHO that's right brother, no more being polite !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Cheap shot ends season? : I'm repeating myself from the other thread.  Good points dbg1 Completely completely agree with you.  This is the exact same thing I said last year around the same time when I think the PENS got 11 powerplays and won 6-5.  Buttman is a complete moron !  Last year he wanted the Pens in the playoffs and made sure of it. I'll say one thing , THE BRUINS DID NOT DESERVE TO WIN THIS GAME !  Last nite I saw Orr and some other player when the Sens were up 1-0 run players from behind and intentionally to hurt and the most they got is 2mins, Orr but not to worry because in the scrum these morons that run the league even it out !  You wonder why hockey isn't as popular in the U.S.  Here is a prime example .  How can they not get it straight !!!!  You want to call a5min major on Ryder, FINE ,  I'm okay with it BUT how do not call the same games day in and day out . COLLIN CAMPBELL WAKE THE F UP !!!! Now I understand why soccer players dive and fake injury,  maybe this is what the NHL players have to start doing. All I know is Savvy did not deserve that and it was very clear, LATE and LIFTED HIS ELBOW TO HIT THE HEAD !! If he doesn't get 10 games this NHL is a COMPLETE JOKE !  He's injured now maybe they'll do something because that's what it takes in this league, an injury !  I bet they wait to see first the condition Savard is in before giving out a suspension. 2 REFS on the ice and they cannot see this and call a major penalty ????  COME ON ! I was against when Ricahrds did it, when Phaneuf did it ,  when Lapierre did it and raged after this display. WHAT A F'd UP SEASON FOR THE BRUINS AND SAVVY. NHL OFFICIALS ARE A JOKE ! Where are the NHL apologists now ! P.S. RHO that's right brother, no more being polite !
    Posted by BsLegion

I couldn't agree more with ALL your point BsLegion!!!  Well said!

Let me say that I wish Savvy a quick and healthy recovery.  He is my fav player on this squad and they need him immensely.

Most importantly, today was a DISGRACE, DISGRACE, DISGRACE!!!!
    1st- the officials-DISGRACEFUL.  No call?  They DID see it cause they blew the whistle an instant after it happened.  The far-side replay showed the zebra staring right at it.  Just to remove any doubt from our minds, the refs then let Fed-en-TOOL-ko run over Thomas to confirm how bad the non-calls were.

2nd- Bruins response was DISGRACEFUL.  Cooke was given one shove and that was it?  Lucic on the ice and nothing?  Nothing happens to Cooke his next shift out?  Then they let a guy barrel over Thomas?  I know they want to win the game, but there is a time for messages and vengance and it IS in the regular season.  I couldn't be more disappointed in every B for not standing up for Savvy.  I've stuck up for many of them in this sub-par season but i just can't today.

3rd- Coach handled it DISGRACEFULLY.  He can't get word to his team that it was a cheap shot?  He can't motivate them after that hit to play with a teeny bit of passion???  I am not a CJ hater but today totally baffles me. 

Chara says after the game that they are a 'tight group', yet nobody steps up for SAvvy?

In short, this was most likely a statement game for the B's organization: everything wrong with them was on display.  No scoring, nobody sticking up for anyone, no motivation from CJ, and totally outplayed.  Thank god that TT has been playing great for us!

Will the B's stand up for themselves Mar 18????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

sweet revenge if we meet the penns in the 1st round , go after crosby win the series
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

If Savard is out for an extended period of time the Bruins WON"T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!  hows that for revenge!  There should have been revenge by smoking Crosby or Malkin....pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Anybody have the link to the video?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now, this team can RIP. 8th place tonight...10th by Friday. Posted by ipot

Still in 8th place Rangers are in 9th place 3 points back. New York can't/won't against New Jersey and Atlanta wrong again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Cheap shot ends season? : If Savard is out for an extended period of time the Bruins WON"T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!  hows that for revenge!  There should have been revenge by smoking Crosby or Malkin....pathetic.
    Posted by Jake1977

I agree.  They should have emptied the bench, especially with Bergeron's recent history.

I hate to break the news to everyone, but Savard is done for the season.  He will be lucky to skate in the first round of the playoffs and the Bruins are not making the playoffs.

These guys better start skating for jobs, cause this year is done, and certainly better answer the bell on March 18th.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Cheap shot ends season? : I'm repeating myself from the other thread.  Good points dbg1 Completely completely agree with you.  This is the exact same thing I said last year around the same time when I think the PENS got 11 powerplays and won 6-5.  Buttman is a complete moron !  Last year he wanted the Pens in the playoffs and made sure of it. I'll say one thing , THE BRUINS DID NOT DESERVE TO WIN THIS GAME !  Last nite I saw Orr and some other player when the Sens were up 1-0 run players from behind and intentionally to hurt and the most they got is 2mins, Orr but not to worry because in the scrum these morons that run the league even it out !  You wonder why hockey isn't as popular in the U.S.  Here is a prime example .  How can they not get it straight !!!!  You want to call a5min major on Ryder, FINE ,  I'm okay with it BUT how do not call the same games day in and day out . COLLIN CAMPBELL WAKE THE F UP !!!! Now I understand why soccer players dive and fake injury,  maybe this is what the NHL players have to start doing. All I know is Savvy did not deserve that and it was very clear, LATE and LIFTED HIS ELBOW TO HIT THE HEAD !! If he doesn't get 10 games this NHL is a COMPLETE JOKE !  He's injured now maybe they'll do something because that's what it takes in this league, an injury !  I bet they wait to see first the condition Savard is in before giving out a suspension. 2 REFS on the ice and they cannot see this and call a major penalty ????  COME ON ! I was against when Ricahrds did it, when Phaneuf did it ,  when Lapierre did it and raged after this display. WHAT A F'd UP SEASON FOR THE BRUINS AND SAVVY. NHL OFFICIALS ARE A JOKE ! Where are the NHL apologists now ! P.S. RHO that's right brother, no more being polite !
    Posted by BsLegion

I was at that game in Pittsburgh last year and it was an out right joke. Crosby whinning to the Refs during TV time outs. I left with a bad taste.