Cherry Rips on Looch...Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from janesie22. Show janesie22's posts

Cherry Rips on Looch...Again

Not sure how many saw it last night on CBC, but Don Cherry ripped on Lucic again for protesting a facewash during a scrum. Then he weighed in on Ference not sticking up for himself as well in the set-to with Rivet. That'd be the second time Grapes has singled out 17, the first following his scrap with Orr back in March. I suppose there will be a dance card that needs to be filled should the McCormick kid actually lace 'em up tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Re: Cherry Rips on Looch...Again

I always been a fan of Don Cherry, since the Bruins coaching era yet he did come close to Lord Stanley but we know the outcome. I read his book he can very brupt and tell it the way it is which I respect. That just Don being Don he is a Bruins fan always want to see players stick up for themselves. Lucic likes to cause trouble and Ference will be our playoff rat which is OK in my books we need one. When I rate overall Cherry is a showman but has a good heart for other causes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, two things come to mind with Grapes - Lucic is in good company if Grapes is ripping him regularly.  He rips Ovechkin regularly. He rips Crysby regularly.  It's one of those things where he sees something that bugs him in a player he really wants to like.  And he's got a bit of a point with Lucic - I don't like his habit of turning to the referee and asking for calls.  I know he's doing it because he doesn't want that retaliation penalty, and it's tough, but you hope over time he learns to take a number when a guy thinks it's smart to give him a facewash, then make that guy pay later when it's not a clear retaliation.  And that's the second point really - he's just as frustrated with Lucic's play this year as many people on this board.  Whether it's just the injuries - the ankle, the hand, the nose - or not, he hasn't been the same physical force as he was last year.  At the beginning of the year, he was scary - everyone he fought bled.  But the injuries took something away from him, and then he lost to Orr and looked awkward on his way out after having his nose mashed.  He's skating better now and getting more hits - he needs to tune someone up now, and soon.  Maybe the Bruins get up 4-1 and he answers the bell with McCormick or Mair or even Grier.  Grier would be an interesting fight - guy's a bull but not known as a fighter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He's a Bruins fan and has admitted on air plenty of times . Even one evening when they played the Leafs he said " Sorry but my team is the Bruins ".
    This being said he's like some of the fans on this board, wants to se the Big Bad Bruins ! Beating up everyone , 10 guys in the box, go into the stands  etc... LOL  time warp . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

I wouldn't rip Looch for the facewash thing but I'd tear him a new one for his overall game in the playoffs...he's been a dud. And I'm a fan.

Less thinking Milan, more natural flow.

Go the B's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dud's pretty harsh.  He's made too many mistakes to really defend him, and he's been off in the offensive end - waiting too long to shoot, missing one-time passes, not in synch with Recchi and Bergeron on the cycle.  But you can't rip his effort because he's charged out of the zone to create multiple opportunities off the rush (and pulled away from the back-check too - evidence that he's an ugly but effective skater) and he's been great on the back check.  He herded Ellis right into that hit by Boychuk, for example, and he's had some nice take-aways.  Looks like he's finishing more of his checks, too.  He's fighting it, yeah, but he's fighting it tooth and nail.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I like Don but don't always agree with his opinions but it has been obvious over the years that Cheery doesn't appreciate a team when they are attempted to play a disciplined game and not retaliate.  I remember he almost threw up on TV when Steve Kasper turtles in the playoffs against Montreal.  Grapes would rather see a guy get instant redemption than take the PP.  Agree with him or not, it's just the way he thinks the game should be played.

Problem with the last game is the refs were closer to Danny Davis and Earl Hebner of WWE fame.  Maybe Miss Elizabeth was pressing her boobs against the glass when the Rivet/Ference scrum was going on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cherry the huckster CBC probably waits to put there highest paying advertisers on in and around "Coache's Corner". Probably the most DVR'd 10-15 min program in Canada. Yes Grapes knows hockey but he's making millions chastising young players. All he did as a coach is praise the "Lunch Pail Gang" now look at him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Until Lucic starts playing like we all know he can and did in the play-offs last year, I hope Cherry keeps on ripping him. I hope Cherry sends him text messages, emails, candy-grams and balloons everyday with the same message. Because right now, he's not playing with the same tenacity that made all of us love watching. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

it was the end of the game up 1 no need to give buff any pp time looch did the right thing  reg season game would have been diff though in my books

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

jan,
    he ripped on not just bruins.  He ripped on Letang as well and players in general...because they are looking for the refs instead of playing hard...they are whinning to the refs to get a penalty...sure he singled out the bruins players and rightfully so, but also called out different guys in the league so don't make it a Lucic witch hunt...it wasn't

bruinsfan- i agree that it takes a big man to skate away...regular season would have been a different story...I guess Looch likely got in crap-ola after game ones mix up...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Let DC rip anyone he wants to.. In many ways, I too would like to see Lucic be the more aggresive player that we know he can be.. I imagine the coaching staff is drumming what to do and mire importantly.. what NOT to do during these games.. Like all things.. there is a time and place and to put your team in a short handed situation ..especially with these low scoring teams.. would not be advisable.. there will be plenty of payback time if the B's take the next game too. Worst case, next season... Having watched old school hockey .. it's a tough nut to swallow watching these guys flop around like they've been run over by a truck when in reality.. they are just trying to draw a penalty.. Sadly, many of the officials call them ..  
    I've made this comment on several previous threads.. management is trying to make Lucic into Neely.. Great concept but may or may not pan out.. IMO, they should let him play the intimidator role and if he scores,,, great.. if not.. the opposition will have their heads on a swivel when he's out there.. It should be bnoted that Lucic is still quite young and playing injured.. ( the severity of his injuries won't be known till the season is over),,,  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Agreed, did you watch the Jersey/Philly game...Clarkson and Leblond wanted to toss em with Asham(who is a very tuff focker) and he skates away...the 70-80's would be embarassed by his display...its not hockey anymore...its see who can convince the ref to give a PP.  Is that any worse than diving...ref should give the guy acting a penalty...what happened to the days of bench clearing brawls and coming on the ice during warmups...man I miss those days...

Lucic needs to shut his mouth and run over people...plain-simple...use your size to run over people and skate away...if you ruff it up make sure you take someone with you...but B's hockey was never take one and complain to the ref...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

hows business anyway???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree Looch is young and his ankle has been the problem. He is a keeper but the next Neely time will tell he the size as Neely but will need to practice on his quick shots and being in the right place for the feed. He will not need to fight regulary  fighters are easy to come buy talent is not. Next season after a rest and conditioning Lucic will be back to form and be a bigger intimidator with a scoring touch 30 goals yes but 50 big ???????
    Lets Go Bruins and win "no pain no gain."