CHIARELLI HOODWINKED BY BURKE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

Re: CHIARELLI HOODWINKED BY BURKE

In Response to Re: CHIARELLI HOODWINKED BY BURKE:
    [QUOTE]brian are you really that stupid? you are really going to blame this on Jacobs who has spent up to the cap since the cap was put in place? let me ask you this.....Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Um no... try reading first... I said the reason Chiarelli was extended was because the building was being sold out every night, same reason why MOC ran the show so long, only when people FINALLY stopped showing up did he get the axe. Get a clue little boy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

oooohh, wow...the B's are spending to the Cap. They must really be committed to winning a Cup. Never mind HOW they're spending to the cap.

Again...no one here defending JJ/PC ever addresses the simple question: Is a team that got KO'd from round 2 last year better now w/essentially the same squad minus their top goal scorer and nothing but draft picks which can't help at all this year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

you essentially blamed this on jacobs......why is that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VJR123. Show VJR123's posts

i'd say the b's are banking on Sturm picking up some of the goal scoring that left with kessel.  i get that logic but it still sux trading a guy that age with that much production.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]you essentially blamed this on jacobs......why is that?
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

You must have a ton of patience having to explain over and over again the same freakin' topic.
    Leave them alone !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mglmsrso. Show mglmsrso's posts

dkrejci46 do you ever get tired of playing the village idiot on this board?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI HOODWINKED BY BURKE :  He may not score 40 this year ( injury) but he will the next, and do not doubt that Burke will get him a center.  Allsion will make the team do not dispute it, he is a playmaking ctr with good faceoff ability and will be used on the PP. The leafs are short on all of the above, but will fill the gaps.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

LOL No tin Toronto, he won't! He got those points because he had Savard. No Savard (or other top-tier center), no 40 goal season!

And thread starter: you're an idiot. 4 1st rounders is if PK signed for over 7 mill. And even if what you said was true, Burke's offer sheet wouldn't have been as high, just enough for PC not to match

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

For all you Kessel fans.....He didn't want to play for the Bruins ! He wanted out. He didn't want to play under Claude Julien. So you want to keep Kessel and fire Claude ?  I'm glad he's gone and PC did as good as job as any GM could under those circumstances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]I have been a lifelong Bruins fan.  Met many of the past and present Bruins.  Watched in heartbreak as they lost in the finals in 88 and 90 as a young boy.  Watched them morph into a disaster by the late 90's.  Then the Thornton era...hope.  Then the team was ripped apart again.  Then Kessel came along.  Watching him play...a young kid morphing into a true superstar right before our eyes.  And PC trades him away right when he's on the brink of greatness.  I just threw out everything I owned with a Bruins logo on it.  I am done with them.  They will never win anything.  You don't trade a 21 year old who will have multiple 50 goal seasons.  Mark my words they will REGRET trading Kessel for many, many, many years to come.  I honest to god hate the Bruins organization
    more than I hate the Yankees now!  All of my Bruins fandom has turned to hatred.  Here we go Maple Leafs, Here we go!  I can't wait to wear my Kessel Leafs jersey to the Garden when the Leafs are shitstomping them this year. - New Maple Leaf fan
    Posted by Booyah22[/QUOTE]

u did the right thing, i too have been followin g the bruins for over 30 yrs, but finally  i am giving to those who have always told me bruins will never win a cup again.
    They are losers, and pc speaks like a true losers blaming a poor 21 yr old child for not playing in boston, what a cop out. It was there job to get hanle himand put him under their wing. they are the leaders they are the ones with experience , he is just a kid.
    Guy they blew it and again we the fans are the ones who suffer the consequences. these guys will get fired  sooner then later

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]you essentially blamed this on jacobs......why is that?
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Answer the question, Claire:

This is essentially the same team that got bounced from the playoffs in round 2 last year, only now they're without their top goal scorer.

This makes them better HOW? You continue to defend the management WHY? WHAT makes you think they're now a cup contender having released one of the best goal scoring threats in the league while GETTING NOTHING THAT CAN HELP THEM THIS YEAR in return?

Until you answer those questions all the rest is stuff and nonsense and pollyanna wishful thinking that anything has changed with this horribly managed organization.

Last Cup: 1972.

Tell me--honestly--that you think 2010 is going to end with that stat changed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

You can blame Jacobs for lots in the past 30 years but not signing Kessel isn't one of them. The Bruins have let PC do his thing since he came here with very little coming down from the higher ups, in fact the only thing I think Jacobs has been involved in since PC came was in firings Lewis.

PC tried to trade Kessel at least twice and signed players building a team that didn't have the cap room to sign Phil Kessel. As much as I love blaming Jacobs for lots of things, this isn't one of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]For all you Kessel fans.....He didn't want to play for the Bruins ! He wanted out. He didn't want to play under Claude Julien. So you want to keep Kessel and fire Claude ?  I'm glad he's gone and PC did as good as job as any GM could under those circumstances.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

kess this. kess that. ur playing right into the hands of mgmt.
    if kess did not want tp play here adk urself why.
    he is just a kid, amd kids make mistakes, it is up to mgmt to show him the way. the true leaders work with all tyoes of personalities and make them better , they do not take the easy way out and unload them,
    kids can make mistakes not the men of experience. they need to teach them and have patience because in the end it is forthe betterment of the team and fans.
    we cannot expect all 21 yr olds to be mature beyond their yrs, this is where true leaders come into play and work with them not give up on them.
    Julien has already gotten fired twice and he will get fired in boston within 2 yrs and will never be a head coach in the nhl again, but kess will play for a very long time and blossom.
    tremblay the ex-hab coach got Roy thrown out of the city not long after that Tremblay got fired and so did his boss and his boss. These 3 stooges never saw another day in the nhl but Roy went on to win a cup with colorado.

If messier was part of this team he would have taken kess under his wing and kess would have shined and remained in boston.
    make nio mistake pc and julien are jokes. Pc has made this julien team one which will not win a cup . They will be gone and we will be still waiting for that ever elusive cup wondering that if we had kept kess  and what could have been .

Too late now

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFromNH. Show FredFromNH's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI HOODWINKED BY BURKE : Answer the question, Claire: This is essentially the same team that got bounced from the playoffs in round 2 last year, only now they're without their top goal scorer. This makes them better HOW? You continue to defend the management WHY? WHAT makes you think they're now a cup contender having released one of the best goal scoring threats in the league while GETTING NOTHING THAT CAN HELP THEM THIS YEAR in return? Until you answer those questions all the rest is stuff and nonsense and pollyanna wishful thinking that anything has changed with this horribly managed organization. Last Cup: 1972. Tell me--honestly--that you think 2010 is going to end with that stat changed.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Finally a real fan with some common sence... Too many blind loyalists on this board, "whatever the Bruins do is awsome" "The Bruins will win the Cup this year" "Anyone who isn't a Bruin suucks" blah blah blah Open your eyes people!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmcgowan. Show tmcgowan's posts

[QUOTE]Guys - Burke had the Bruins in a corner.  If you think otherwise, you are fooling yourselves.  Burke could have signed Kessel for under 4 million and the Bruins wouldn't have been able to match.... Then what? And before people say that Burke couldn't get him for less than $4 million, I guarantee you that he would have.. Kessel clearly did not want to be a part of the Bruins and Chiarelli screwed up by using up most of the cap space... Had Chiarelli left himself 5 million in cap space, he could have threatened Kessel with a match.  With only 1.7 million,

nhwynter, this shows how little you know about the salary cap era NHL, ANY TEAM can go 5% over the cap before the start of the regular season.  So even if the leafs offered kessel something crazy like 6 years at 6 million the bruins could still have matched even though they don't have the cap room

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

Why does everyone keep saying this team isn't as good as last year. Without kessel- yeah i get we lose his goals. But we get PB hopefully back to pre injury form, the young guys are a year older and Tuuka can handle some of TT's starts if he starts to wear down.

That being said, the playoffs are a long way away. PC has all the assets to win the cup this year. Im not predicting this is the year but I believe they will be alot better by playoff time. With the draft picks and young talent who knows if PC will put together a deadline blockbuster?

You don't and neither do i, so sit back and enjoy all 82 games. Then we'll talk about the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul-from-SFL. Show Paul-from-SFL's posts

[QUOTE]If I know you must give me 2 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd because you must sign him for at least $4million...why would I accept 2 1st and a 2nd. I want more!!!  This is poker, my friend, and I don't have to bluff. Burke was the one behind the eight ball, all the way. Chiarelli let him weasel out of it. All Chiarelli had to do was wait. The table was slanted in his favour. If Kessel doesn't sign by Dec. 1, or signs and offer sheet, he can't play in the NHL for the rest of this season, and Boston still retain his rights. We could have and should have had more coming back our way.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Before you sit down to a game of POKER, you had better learn the rules!  A $4million signing gets you one(1) first and one(1) third.  A $5.2 million signing gets you One of each a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd.  So getting two 1sts and a 2nd is better.  No??  So if Burke signs an offer sheet we get a 3rd instead of another 1st.  Right??  You friend better stay away from the poker table.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul-from-SFL. Show Paul-from-SFL's posts

[QUOTE]I have been a lifelong Bruins fan.  Met many of the past and present Bruins.  Watched in heartbreak as they lost in the finals in 88 and 90 as a young boy.  Watched them morph into a disaster by the late 90's.  Then the Thornton era...hope.  Then the team was ripped apart again.  Then Kessel came along.  Watching him play...a young kid morphing into a true superstar right before our eyes.  And PC trades him away right when he's on the brink of greatness.  I just threw out everything I owned with a Bruins logo on it.  I am done with them.  They will never win anything.  You don't trade a 21 year old who will have multiple 50 goal seasons.  Mark my words they will REGRET trading Kessel for many, many, many years to come.  I honest to god hate the Bruins organization more than I hate the Yankees now!  All of my Bruins fandom has turned to hatred.  Here we go Maple Leafs, Here we go!  I can't wait to wear my Kessel Leafs jersey to the Garden when the Leafs are shitstomping them this year. - New Maple Leaf fan
    Posted by Booyah22[/QUOTE]

You "WERE" a bruins fan, don't say "AM".  And you probably said the same thing when they traded Joe T.  AND LOOK how much better the bruins are since Joe left.  They signed Chara, Savard, sorted out their prospects, picked up a few good Free Agents and got 116 points last year with players salary at the cap limit!!  You know they only take really smart people (even when they are hockey players) at Harvard and the Bruins are lucky to have 2 of them looking for the right talent (PC and Sweeney) so find the stomach to accept what has to be done it up or eat "Leafs".

You know a 21 year old coming off serious shoulder surgery (all surgey is serious - ask a doctor), having had Cancer and Mono the following season, might wonder just how many good years do I really have.  That might induce him to sign a big $$$ contract at his best opportunity before something else befalls him and GMs start shying away from him.  Look at what Bergy is going through because of one illegal hit.  So it is in his best interest to go for it but not necessarily in the clubs best interest (player wants out- get rid of him before he becomes a cancer to the team.)

PC has the smarts and the hockey sense to make the right decision.  He is the one who put the team together to get those 116 points in the 1st place.  If you want to spend your $150 on a new blue sweater, go ahead but don't cry about it here!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFromNH. Show FredFromNH's posts

Paul from SFL 1st place in the regular season is absolutely meaningless. Just ask MOC

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsSuck09. Show BostonBruinsSuck09's posts

BRUINS = LOSERS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnWS343. Show JohnWS343's posts

BRUINS = LOSERS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI HOODWINKED BY BURKE : Answer the question, Claire: This is essentially the same team that got bounced from the playoffs in round 2 last year, only now they're without their top goal scorer. This makes them better HOW? You continue to defend the management WHY? WHAT makes you think they're now a cup contender having released one of the best goal scoring threats in the league while GETTING NOTHING THAT CAN HELP THEM THIS YEAR in return? Until you answer those questions all the rest is stuff and nonsense and pollyanna wishful thinking that anything has changed with this horribly managed organization. Last Cup: 1972. Tell me--honestly--that you think 2010 is going to end with that stat changed.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Okay Bobby
    This team is better just for the fact they have more experience. Does it mean Bruins will have a better regular season ?  No and then again I believe they will go further in the playoffs. I don't have facts as YOU don't have any facts that the Bruins will do worse.
    THere's always a whole season in front of us and who's to say the Bruins don't add another roster player that can push them over the top.
    Now you're blaming Jacobs LMAO , come on .. that is so old and boring. If you base your argument on that you're an idiot (if that's your platform).
    How many teams are there in the NHL ? How many make it to the cup final ?
    How many teams and their ownership have never won a cup ? How many teams GM then have not done their job properly ?  Is this your platform MR. BEARIT ?
    1 TEAM WINS AND THE OTHER TEAM IS RUNNER UP.  With your ideology then there are 25+ teams , GMs and owners that know nothing about hockey.
    How long did it take the Red Sox to finally win ?  Does this mean all those years their ownership and GM didn't want to win ?  Sorry I just answered my own question. It was the curse.
    We get your point and the other guy here (Fred) that defends you;  you don't like the Bruins !  Fine that's your choice.
    BTW the Leafs have not made it the cup final since 1967.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

trytobear it i will address that here and i urge you to start a slugfest which i will accept with that very same question....the answer....YES, they are better, and here is why.

The progression of young wingers Wheeler and Lucic. Guys like this rarely get worse, they get better. Wheeler, who hit the wall that most first year out of college guys hit, and still put up 21-21-42 i believe. I think he will play with Savard, and net 30+, and I expect Lucic to have a better year production wise as well.

Bergeron was regaining form at the end of last season, everyone saw it, he was one of our best forwards down the stretch.

Not to be over looked is Mark Stuart, he came into his own last season and if he makes the next step into a true shut down defensemen, our already improved blue line is scary.

The return of Marco Sturm, and Mark Recchi, neither of who played a full season with the Bruins last year, and both of whom are big time producers.

the team is better than last year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

There is something else that all of you whiners about PC should think about
    I think Cam Neely gave his stamp of approval to let Kessel go .
    Forget Jacobs on this one as we have 55 million in salary for this year
    I listen to Chiarelli speak, he makes sense, he isn't Brian Burke and I am glad
    Burke whined about Kevin Lowe signing Dustin Penner and used his you have to be honest and let the other team know .. yeah right.By being Mr Honest we ended up getting two first's and a second , as there is no way the Bruins would have mathced his outrageous offer
    Also I wonder who set all this up from the outset , I dont think PC was the one mixed up at the draft  with the trade for Kessel
    Then funny how it was leaked to TSN where Burke used to work and less than a week later Kessel no longer wants to play here
    The Leafs can keep Kessel, and everyone give PC  a break

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHIARELLI HOODWINKED BY BURKE : Finally a real fan with some common sence... Too many blind loyalists on this board, "whatever the Bruins do is awsome" "The Bruins will win the Cup this year" "Anyone who isn't a Bruin suucks" blah blah blah Open your eyes people!
    Posted by FredFromNH[/QUOTE]

Look.  I'm one of the biggest "haters" there is, and JJ smokes the big one, but to address you and the other poster, you ask how is this a better team without Kessel?

FACT:  It is\was IMPOSSIBLE to keep the whole playoff team together from last year.  Add up the salaries - WELL OVER THE CAP.  IMPOSSIBLE.  GET IT?  IMPOSSIBLE.

THE CHOICE - THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD DO IT:  Keep one player and give up a couple of others.  Or get rid of a player who had issues with the coach and didn't want to play in Boston.  It just takes a little reading in between the lines to realize that Kessel said either Julien goes, or I do - or something like that.  Read the quotes.  Figure it out.  So you would have had to lose Ference (2.3 mil) and Kobasew (1.4) plus all the remaining cap and you could keep Kessel.  leaving you no wiggle room for cap space at all.  You would really take that choice?

BLAME JJ FOR WHAT HE DESERVES BLAME FOR.  That's a whole different post about how he and Bettman are ruining hockey.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

agreed, but you reversed the two salaries