Chiarelli is only getting started

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Chiarelli is only getting started

Does anyone else in Bruins Nation believe Chia is stockpiling these picks so we can get Kovalchuk out of Atlanta? I think he is...but I of course can't prove it, but I do think that Savvy is willing to consider staying and taking the 'home town discount' of the possibility of Kovalchuk and him playing for a Cup together. Does anyone else think this is crazy? Cap concerns are still needed to be worked out but thats why we are here....to hash it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Re: Chiarelli is only getting started

I have no idea what the odds are but think you may be right that somethings on  the horizon. It's not just the addition of more draft picks but the freeing up of cap space that makes me think he may go for a bigger move if things don't improve soon. If I was going to wager I'd probably go 0 to 20 on Kolvachuk landing here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The rumor was out there before they shipped Kessel to Toronto,but until they happen they are just that rumors.Good luck to Chuck Kobesaw and welcome to Illya oops!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

$2.33 M for doing nothing is a high price.

This was a salary dump involving one of several AWOL players in the great wasted start of 2009.

PC is taking an axe to this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli is only getting started:
    [QUOTE]$2.33 M for doing nothing is a high price. This was a salary dump involving one of several AWOL players in the great wasted start of 2009. PC is taking an axe to this team.
    Posted by BrainDoctorDanny[/QUOTE]

2.33 M for a 20+ goal scorer who threw his body around with heart and grit is not "doing nothing".  If every player lived up to his contract as well as Chucky we might have gone a lot further than rd 2.

Patrice Bergeron, $4.75 million
    Michael Ryder, $4 million
    David Krejci, $3.75 million
    Marco Sturm, $3.5 million
    Zdeno Chara, $7.5 million
    Dennis Wideman, $3.875 million

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toasterovenhead. Show toasterovenhead's posts

Looks like a good move to me... Kobasew is completely replaceable.  Sure he was a valuable role player but Sobotka and Marchand are ready to make the jump to this level and fill that same role.  Saving some salary cap space and bringing in cheaper and younger talent with greater potential = win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not another thread on Kovalchuk !!! 
    ATlanta is flying 747 right now and they will not trade him.
    Besides the Bruins need to drop 2-3 more salaries to get him now.
    End of story.
    Now are the Bruins an improvement from last season ?  Not anymore, NO !
    Only Marchand can prove me wrong.  Let's wait and see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thepowerrulz. Show thepowerrulz's posts

I have to think you are correct on this just the beginning, unless there is some miraculous turnaround in the next week or so. With the picks they have and the coming salary dumps they seemingly have to make this move. Look I've said it on this post before. No sniper, no cup....But the real problem to me is the play of Chara early on. He looks like he did his first year here, invisible. He needs to throw his weight around and intimidate and he is not. You know for someone who's career was really validated last year with the Norris you would think the man would be on a mission to destroy the competition. I feel like Wideman and Bergeron are the next to go....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I getting worried about us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins20009. Show bruins20009's posts

Not just chara, I think the whole team is playing bad and PC might be trying to do a good thing here but....why dump CK? There is a lot of others like BERGERON who everyone is overlooking that is supposed to be one of the key players to step up his game to replace Kessel. Watchin bergeron skate is like watchin old people... well you know... I think the lines need to be shuffled around a bit more, heck maybe have a campling trip or something so these bums do some bonding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

Anyone who thinks Kovalchuk is coming here by Seasons end is High! He Does not fit the Bruins Mold.

Has anyone taken into account that he might be stock piling draft pick to go after some restricted free agents next year...Check out who might be available

Bobby Ryan-Anaheim
    James Wisnieski Anahiem
    Duncan Keith-Chi
    Patrick Kane- Chi
    Jonathan Toews-Chi
    Wojtek Wolski-Col
    Kyle Quincy- Col
    Sam Ganger- Edm
    Andrew Cogliano-Edm
    Ryan Kesler- Van
    Mason Raymond-Van
    Alexander Semin-Was
    Markus Backstrum-Was
    Brian Little-Atl
    Daved Perron-StL (Almost traded for Kessel)
    Erik Johnson -Stl
    Joe Pavelski-SJ
    Ryan Setoguchi-SJ
    Kris Letang-Pit
    Nick Fligno-Ott

All great young players most of which who are on teams that will be up against the cap at the start of next season...B's could throw an offer sheet or go with a trade similar to Kessels. Just Watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guy0677. Show guy0677's posts

If Kessel didn't want out, Chuck would have been the player to go to make room for him anyway.  This was coming regardless of the team's start.  However, trading him now while his value is still high (he's looked lost) was a good move.  Getting a 2nd for him is good value.  I'm not sure if they will have enough space for Kovalchuk, but they're going to get something and make enough space to sign the nucleus of the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Chiarelli will not be using all of these picks in the next two years come draft time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockett7. Show rockett7's posts

Good Call...Markus Backstrum plays for the Wild.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

My understanding was that the Bs wanted Backstrum in the draft but ended up with Kessel instead. Not sure Washington is going to let him walk, however. D@mn.. looking back at 2006.. that draft was DEEP!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm with braindoctordanny time to get the axe out and start lighting some fire! Chiarelli trusted these veterans (Kobasew) that they would see that they have a great team and a great chance to make a run but he was let down along with the fans.

Good I'm glad PC is sending a message. He needs too! No one should feel safe. Make some more moves I hope he does. Under performance should always get you shipped out the door!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from T00fresh. Show T00fresh's posts

[QUOTE]Good Call...Markus Backstrum plays for the Wild.
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

no, niklas backstrom plays for the wild

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwnset22. Show dwnset22's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli is only getting started : no, niklas backstrom plays for the wild
    Posted by T00fresh[/QUOTE]

I believe they are both Niklas Backstrom, one is a goalie for the wild and the other is a forward for the Caps

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Not just chara, I think the whole team is playing bad and PC might be trying to do a good thing here but....why dump CK? There is a lot of others like BERGERON who everyone is overlooking that is supposed to be one of the key players to step up his game to replace Kessel. Watchin bergeron skate is like watchin old people... well you know... I think the lines need to be shuffled around a bit more, heck maybe have a campling trip or something so these bums do some bonding.
    Posted by bruins20009[/QUOTE]

To this poster like other Bergeron bashers,  well I am sorry, Bergeron was on the ice when the defense needs to sure up the game... ie. Dallas at the end of the game.  He is making the checks, he has scored as much as Savard, and lastly he did not pick the economic time to sign the contract.  Bergeron is a good player plan and simple. Find another player to play coach with ie Dennis Wideman.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chiarelli is only getting started : I like this post . . . . but I think you meant Nicklas Backstrom of Washington (not Markus Backstrum).
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

No, Markus Backstrom plays on the same team as Ryan Setoguchi.

Their brother's, father's, nephew's, cousin's former roommates are Nicklas Backstrom (Wash) and Devin Setoguchi. (SJ) Laughing

Seriously though, I'd like to see a couple of these players end up in Boston. But I don't think we'll see the upper echelon players here. Not if we want to retain Savard, Rask, etc. More moves could open up some cap space but I believe it will be negligible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

As for Kovalchuk coming here at the deadline... Likely as a rental player only, if at all. He's going to be in the $7M+ range for his next contract. Too steep for the B's. Only chance I see of it happening is if he really wants to reunite with Savard, and both take less $$$ to make it happen.

Which would be sweeeet! Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Wow! If you think their respective clubs will let these guys go, then I'm all for it:

Ryan-Anaheim
    Toews-Chi
    Semin-Was
    Backstrum-Was
    Setoguchi-SJ

(these are just my favs from the list.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBhockey. Show BBhockey's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks Kovalchuk is coming here by Seasons end is High! He Does not fit the Bruins Mold. Has anyone taken into account that he might be stock piling draft pick to go after some restricted free agents next year...Check out who might be available Bobby Ryan-Anaheim James Wisnieski Anahiem Duncan Keith-Chi Patrick Kane- Chi Jonathan Toews-Chi Wojtek Wolski-Col Kyle Quincy- Col Sam Ganger- Edm Andrew Cogliano-Edm Ryan Kesler- Van Mason Raymond-Van Alexander Semin-Was Markus Backstrum-Was Brian Little-Atl Daved Perron-StL (Almost traded for Kessel) Erik Johnson -Stl Joe Pavelski-SJ Ryan Setoguchi-SJ Kris Letang-Pit Nick Fligno-Ott All great young players most of which who are on teams that will be up against the cap at the start of next season...B's could throw an offer sheet or go with a trade similar to Kessels. Just Watch.            
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

I think a team must use their own picks when signing a RFA to an offer sheet.  However, a trade could happen...  I would rather see Chiarelli keep the picks and let our scouting staff build this team.