Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosfan581. Show bosfan581's posts

Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD!

MurphysLaw74 TSN reports that Daryl Sutter said he spoken to Peter Chiarelli regarding a possible trade "but it had nothing to do with Savard."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD!

YES. FUFU to all those people who are saying get rid savard

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Oh my GOD ! ! !   As long as its not Wheeler ! ! ! ! !!

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Wheeler stays)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Hopefully it's that puckbag Ryder. Seems like Sutter is picking up all the trash, maybe he's getting a commission before he gets fired, and people compalin about PC?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

twitter.com/TheBruinsBlog Matt Kalman has become my favorite Bruins information guru!

"They're so shocked Jokinen signed in Calgary. You'd think they found out Celine Dion has been lip syncing all these years"

How Sutter still has a job is beyond me. Dreaming, hoping, praying Calgary is dumb enough to take that bag of pucks number08!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Maybe we should bring Jeremy Reich back.  Oh No, we did!  Huh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

First of all, I know this rumor is from Eklund, so take it for what it's worth:

Supposedly the Senators and SABRES are interested in Marc Savard.  Why not Savard and Ryder for Jason Pominville.  The Sabres have the cap room and Ryder will be a UFA next year, so his contract won't hurt them all that much.  The Bruins get a really solid #2 RW that can easily put up 25-30 goals a year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Again why would PC make a division rival stronger ? Pass on Pomiville he got shoved around by the Bruins in the playoffs too small.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD!:
    Again why would PC make a division rival stronger ? Pass on Pomiville he got shoved around by the Bruins in the playoffs too small.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Honestly, I don't care who the Bruins trade Savard to, as long as it makes the Bruins stronger.  I would rather have them trade with Buffalo, who at least has some decent players, than Calgary, who has nobody worth trading for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Krejci has not proven to me that he can do what Savard can do yet. If PC moves Savard who QBs the PP ? Who centers Horton-Lucic ? an unproven Seguin ? No

If Savard doesn't click with by Horton-Lucic by the end of November then ship Marc out but it must be for the right return. I predict the Lucic-Savard-Horton line lights it up so moving Savard won't be necessary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Krejci has not proven to me that he can do what Savard can do yet. If PC moves Savard who QBs the PP ? Who centers Horton-Lucic ? an unproven Seguin ? No If Savard doesn't click with by Horton-Lucic by the end of November then ship Marc out but it must be for the right return. I predict the Lucic-Savard-Horton line lights it up so moving Savard won't be necessary.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Well said SDB. I don't know why we would be in a hurry to ship Savard out when all along we have been crying for a guy like Horton to play with him. Lets see how that works out before we jump the gun on a trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I've got to agree with not trading Savard as he is the most skilled offensive centerman on the Bruins though he's not as skilled as Bergeron on D..Colbourne ,seguin,Caron all the youngsters are going to need leadership and savard provides the necessary leadership..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I've got to agree with not trading Savard as he is the most skilled offensive centerman on the Bruins though he's not as skilled as Bergeron on D..Colbourne ,seguin,Caron all the youngsters are going to need leadership and savard provides the necessary leadership..
    Posted by sportsbozo1

What sort of leadership will Savard provide?  Will he mentor them in whining to the referees?  Will he coach them on staying down after getting checked?  Will he lead them to the promiseland of shirking responsiblity for bad plays?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Savard's, and leadership isn't really a part of the equation with him.  He's a hothead who has trouble controlling his temper.  Not mentor material in my book.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Savard's, and leadership isn't really a part of the equation with him.  He's a hothead who has trouble controlling his temper.  Not mentor material in my book.
    Posted by Mutant211

If Savard stays he's here for one reason and one reason only:  to score and set up goals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD! : If Savard stays he's here for one reason and one reason only:  to score and set up goals.
    Posted by jalvis

Agreed.  That's what he does, and he does it well.  Ideally, the Bruins keep him, and the whole affair gives him some humility and a determination to mature.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD! : Agreed.  That's what he does, and he does it well.  Ideally, the Bruins keep him, and the whole affair gives him some humility and a determination to mature.
    Posted by Mutant211

MS is 33 years old.

He is what he is.

A yappy little dirtbag that's not likely going to mature.

Trade him while he still has some trade value.

Seems like half the Flyers wanted to get at him in the Flyers' series.

One more Matt Cooke like hit to the head and he's likely done as a top scorer in this League, and then the Bruins are out $28 Million in cap space for the next 7 seasons. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD! : Honestly, I don't care who the Bruins trade Savard to, as long as it makes the Bruins stronger.  I would rather have them trade with Buffalo, who at least has some decent players, than Calgary, who has nobody worth trading for.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Jarome Iginla would be worth trading for.

Not to offend Stanley, but he's, at least, as good as Blake Wheeler. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD! : Jarome Iginla would be worth trading for. Not to offend Stanley, but he's, at least, as good as Blake Wheeler. 
    Posted by RMiller87

1. Calgary wants a center to play with Iginla. Including him in a deal with savard would defeat the purpose

2. Savard's cap hit is 4 compared to 7 gor JI. We would need to send more salary calgary's way

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Chiarelli is still trading...but not SAVARD! : 1. Calgary wants a center to play with Iginla. Including him in a deal with savard would defeat the purpose 2. Savard's cap hit is 4 compared to 7 gor JI. We would need to send more salary calgary's way
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

He didn't say it was possible or probable.  Just that Iginla is worth trading for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I was actually being facetious with that Iginla comment.

But I betcha that Iginla wants out of Calgary today !

How does Sutter manage to keep his job anyways ?