Chiarelli saying Kessel staying....thoughs on this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Chiarelli saying Kessel staying....thoughs on this?

http://www2.nesn.com/boston-bruins/2009/07/10/video-chiarelli-says-kessel-will-be-back-with-bruins/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Chiarelli saying Kessel staying....thoughs on this?

Rumors that he's being traded, PC says he "fully intends" to keep him - don't jump on me for "reading too much into it."  The guy is a LAWYER, he picks his words carefully.  He might not be liked in the locker room.  He may be loved in the locker room.

I can't make up my mind about him.  I see a poor man's version of Ovechkin, I see a Joe Thornton easy go surfing thing.

I think I can say the guy isn't fully matured or developed yet.  Once he puts in 2-5 years playing a certain way, putting up certain numbers then the jury will be out.  How many first round draft choices never played in the NHL?  How many guys with great opening seasons tanked later (Blaine Lacher anyone?)

He does what he did last year 3 years in a row, 5.5 mil a season.  Right now, Krejci salary.  I think this is pretty much what PC is thinking.  he doesn't want to alienate him totally, so he said "fully intends", and he wants to push his nose in it when he talks to Toronto about kaberle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know about push his nose in it, but basically this says Kessel will get what the market says he should get.  Right now, the market says he's not worth the picks in compensation a team would give up to make an offer in the $$ range he's looking for.  That's no surprise.  With the cap receding, and rookie contract maximums, draft picks are more valuable than they've ever been.  So Chiarelli's comment means one of two things is likely to happen: Kessel accepts the Krejci money the Bruins offered or he accepts an offer that isn't likely to be significantly richer to go somewhere else, and Chiarelli matches it.

In a way, it also suggests that the teams he's talking to are thinking trade to get around the draft pick compensation.  So unless there's a trade where Boston clocks an obvious win (or feels they have), you won't see either an offer or a trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Thank god Chiarelli has a brain...However, the "trade Kessel" talk will never go away until Kevin Paul Dupont retires. He has an obsessive compulsion to pick one topic and babble on and on about it....same with Joe Thornton. Joe's been gone for 4 years but KPD mentions him weekly.............

Sections
Shortcuts